Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Needed Campbell To Beat Seattle (merged)

armada58

No, this is not an anti-Collins thread. A write this post with every bit of respect and admiration for what Collins has done for The Redskins the last few weeks.

We needed Campbell as our starting QB in order to win this game. We needed his athleticism, escpecially in the first half, to make some plays for this offense. The types of plays that Collins is simply not able to make. Avoiding the rush and scrambling, throwing a lazer beam on some of the out patterns, buying some time on the pocket with quick feet. These are the types of intangibles that would have been VERY helpful and, I believe, would have made a significant difference. This is exactly the type of game where a guy like Campbell can make the difference for us. He knows that. We truly missed him today. The last few weeks we haven't necessarily missed Campbell as much as we have embraced Collins, and the roll we were on. Today, we needed Campbell. Today was the day where Campbell being injured truly hurt this team.

I still, to this day, feel truly blessed to have a franchise QB. I consider myself lucky that he gets to mature in front of my eyes. These are the kinds of games that Campbell will win in the future. This may sound strange, but I think Campbell watching Collins the last few weeks may have been a HUGE benefit to his development.

It was a great run. I am proud of this team and proud to call myself a die hard Redskins Fan. I am looking forward to 2008.

I think the problem was probably that we thought that the hawks defense was soft. and that was our and the players mistake. they are a defense that Fly's around all over the field really. i think with Collins or JC it would have not made a diffrence!

Well, JC at least would have been able to move away from the pass rush, and maybe he would have made some plays earlier. I don't know if he would have made a difference, tho, particularly since Collins didn't get much help from his receivers early.

Our playmakers needed to make some plays.

Jason

You know what? I was thinking the same thing....for some reason the whole time im thinking.....JC gives us a better chance to win THIS game....not the last 4 by any means.

But for some reason I was thinking the same thing.

Exactly. I'm not talking about our 4 game winning streak. I'm talking only about THIS game. Campbell would have given us a much better chance. We needed his athleticism. Collins is a statue. Campbell's mobility alone would have made a difference.

I agree with the OP to an extent, i think Campbell would have given us a better chance at the end. I know he didn't necessarily get it done this year with the game on the line but just having the chance has to count for something. Anyways, starting Collins was the right thing to do. He played us into the playoffs and honestly gave us a chance to win this game. Without that first bad pass that Moss gave up on i think we might have made a run at them but you never know. I agree with the person that said Suisham cost us also, I think that was a HUGE momentum swing.

No, this is not an anti-Collins thread. A write this post with every bit of respect and admiration for what Collins has done for The Redskins the last few weeks......

Yes it Is

You are Wrong

TC > JC

Lets hope JC improves.....I expected more from him so far

Next Year he better deliver

Yes it Is

You are Wrong

TC > JC

Not at all. Fact is, with the OL struggling to protect the QB, having a pure pocket passer is a liability. This is nothing against Collins, but that Campbell's strengths would have been more valuable in this game, where the protection wasn't perfect.

Also, if you expect more from a QB who only has played slightly over a season of NFL football, methinks you expect too much. Hell, Campbell plays better than Eli Manning, who has had a lot more experience.

Jason

I agree with the OP to an extent, i think Campbell would have given us a better chance at the end. I know he didn't necessarily get it done this year with the game on the line but just having the chance has to count for something. Anyways, starting Collins was the right thing to do. He played us into the playoffs and honestly gave us a chance to win this game. Without that first bad pass that Moss gave up on i think we might have made a run at them but you never know. I agree with the person that said Suisham cost us also, I think that was a HUGE momentum swing.

I just want to clarify that I absolutely, positively am not questioning the decsion about who to start in this game. Starting Collins was the right decsion.

Actually, you are wrong. As the OP said, TC took us as far as he could. TC has the knowledge, but not the physical skills. JC is learning the knowledge, and has the physical skills. You can teach knowledge, but not physical attributes. In this game, perhaps JC could have scrambled some to avoid the rush, run some draws, some rollouts to move the pocket. TC cannot do those things. I expect that with solid OL play, and WR's who dont make as many drops, JC will show significant improvement in numbers next year.

Yes it Is

You are Wrong

TC > JC

Well, JC at least would have been able to move away from the pass rush, and maybe he would have made some plays earlier. I don't know if he would have made a difference, tho, particularly since Collins didn't get much help from his receivers early.

Our playmakers needed to make some plays.

Jason

I agree with your reply. Moss, Cooley & Portis all dropped balls in the 1st quarter.

I will concede one of your points, in that my original post may have been misleading with regards to it........ I didn't mean to say that Campbell's presence would have guarateed a win for us. I believe that Campbell would have given us a better chance.

There was one play in the middle of the game where TC tried to get a first down by running and he gained only 2 yards. Every game with JC we knew he would run for a first down if he had the chance. There was another situation at the goalline where the middle opened up and he could have ran but throw the ball

This just in. It has been reported by the WP, that ExtremeSkins poster "taylorcoreskin" has succesfully had his chin removed from Todd Collins nuts. Collins will go through some therapy in the offseason to cope with the stretching of his scrotum from dragging "taylorcoreskin" around all day, but sources say Collins will go into surgery for a Nut Lift.

Archived