Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Needed Campbell To Beat Seattle (merged)

armada58

no..I don't. I see TO playing for Romo sits to pee. now that is a difference with real meaning.

If you don't see how Romo sits to pee has a + TO differential while JC had a - TO differential then I don't know what to tell you.

This is not a bash on the kid. It's straight fact.

19 TO in 12 games... nothing to write home about IMO

Skins... I think you are missing the point...

JC had 19 TO's compared to 12 TD's. -7

Romo sits to pee had 21 TO's compared to 36 TD's. + 15

Also, JC had 2 less TO's in 4 less games.

If your gonna turn the ball over 25 times a year, fine. Just make sure you make up for it by throwing for more then 25

See the difference?

:2cents:

I do see the difference. Since you brought up production, I will bring up the supporting casts.

Romo sits to pee-Has Crayton (#2 on most teams) Witten, TO for receivers and had a much better OL.

Romo sits to pee has also been in basically the same system for the last few years (new OC this year but was the QB coach and pretty much kept everything the same).

You can't make a fair comparison between the two for this year.

Next year will be a different story.

We wouldn't even be in the playoffs if Campbell were our starting QB. When are you ****s going to realize that he is a back up quarterback AT best. Let's look at the facts here folks

1) He couldn't beat out Mark Brunell for the starting spot

2) He choked every chance he had to win the game

3) Coaches didn't even trust him enough to open the offense up

4) He's inaccurate as hell

Get a clue. He was a 2nd round talent that got picked up by us in the 1st rounder. Campbell era is over and the sooner we realize this, the better off we'll be.

I do see the difference. Since you brought up production, I will bring up the supporting casts.

Romo sits to pee-Has Crayton (#2 on most teams) Witten, TO for receivers and had a much better OL.

Romo sits to pee has also been in basically the same system for the last few years (new OC this year but was the QB coach and pretty much kept everything the same).

You can't make a fair comparison between the two for this year.

Next year will be a different story.

your 100% right, supporting cast plays a huge role.

I am not comparing him to Romo sits to pee.. i did merely to show a point.

Do I think JC IS TO machine? Not sure. Now, WAS he a TO machine this year? Yes.

I don't know if Campbell would have done any better.

I do know that first INT intended for Moss that essentially ended the game was a terrible pass that Collins had no business throwing as it was well, well covered. I guess he was flashing back to Minnesota, thinking he could throw it up into coverage and Moss would take care of it. But there was no need to force that with so much time left.

If you don't see how Romo sits to pee has a + TO differential while JC had a - TO differential then I don't know what to tell you.

This is not a bash on the kid. It's straight fact.

19 TO in 12 games... nothing to write home about IMO

let's try a different approach...there are facts and there is how they are interpreted. you have made no point in my mind on the latter.

btw...one could make a case (conceding he played more games) that Romo sits to pee had as many bad games as JC this past season....

I don't know if Campbell would have done any better.

I do know that first INT intended for Moss that essentially ended the game was a terrible pass that Collins had no business throwing as it was well, well covered. I guess he was flashing back to Minnesota, thinking he could throw it up into coverage and Moss would take care of it. But there was no need to force that with so much time left.

he was throwing ducks all day...and the fourth quarter was an embarrassment in the annals of professional QB'ing.

no dig on Collins...but he's not a playmaker. he does not win games.

Also, let's do a comparison between Romo sits to pee and Campbell.

Both of them have had roughly the same on the field playing time in the NFL.

Romo sits to pee made his offense a powerhouse.

Romo sits to pee has won games that were on the line

Romo sits to pee made the pro-bowl.

Romo sits to pee got a 6yr/60+mil contract extension with 27 million guaranteed.

Campbell managed more turnover than TDs

Campbell choked at several game winning drives

Campbell wasn't even mentioned as a possible pro-bowl candidate

Campbell hasn't been rewarded with any extension

Campbell's replacement actually played better than him and won games.

Yeah folks, it's the cold hard facts.

Problem was our receivers kept dropping balls and giving up. Both interceptions for TD's coulda been prevented if they gave an effort to stop the runner, or in Moss's case, continue to play. Right Guard was also a problem spot again. Wish Thomas didnt get reinjured

Romo sits to pee got a 6yr/60+mil contract extension with 27 million guaranteed.

yes..I noticed all of that in the Dallas/Philly game. good points!

TC is not a playmaker...he's a time manager.

News for you….that’s what Gibbs wants

- he can't throw much over 35/40 yards.

I’ve seen Collins throw long……ACCURATELY (in WR stride)

I’ve seen JC blow WIDE OPEN WRs

- he isn't flexible when circumstances change.

And when the games on the line JC chokes

He didn't make plays today. Quit passing the buck. They lost.
And of course 0-4 JC makes these plays?

If we EXECUTE we do not need to catch up

TC was getting it done

your 100% right, supporting cast plays a huge role.

I am not comparing him to Romo sits to pee.. i did merely to show a point.

Do I think JC IS TO machine? Not sure. Now, WAS he a TO machine this year? Yes.

Dance, it's good to see clear logic on this board. Espcially after a heartbreaking loss.

I do think that JC needs more players around him. He needs help on the line, a bigger receiver and a consistent running game (which I think will come from a healthier oline). But there is no doubt in my mind that Campbell is the answer and the future of this team.

An offense line with 3 probowlers. one of the best WRs and TE in football.

Right

We have Moss and ARE.. not even top 10 in receiver combinations

Right

If we want THREE pro bowlers on the line then we need to draft a right tackle and guard with those first 2 picks and let them challenge Thomas and Heyer for starting time....and replace Thomas and Heyer if they don't come through.

No, this is not an anti-Collins thread. A write this post with every bit of respect and admiration for what Collins has done for The Redskins the last few weeks.

We needed Campbell as our starting QB in order to win this game. We needed his athleticism, escpecially in the first half, to make some plays for this offense. The types of plays that Collins is simply not able to make. Avoiding the rush and scrambling, throwing a lazer beam on some of the out patterns, buying some time on the pocket with quick feet. These are the types of intangibles that would have been VERY helpful and, I believe, would have made a significant difference. This is exactly the type of game where a guy like Campbell can make the difference for us. He knows that. We truly missed him today. The last few weeks we haven't necessarily missed Campbell as much as we have embraced Collins, and the roll we were on. Today, we needed Campbell. Today was the day where Campbell being injured truly hurt this team.

I still, to this day, feel truly blessed to have a franchise QB. I consider myself lucky that he gets to mature in front of my eyes. These are the kinds of games that Campbell will win in the future. This may sound strange, but I think Campbell watching Collins the last few weeks may have been a HUGE benefit to his development.

It was a great run. I am proud of this team and proud to call myself a die hard Redskins Fan. I am looking forward to 2008.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think watching Collins run the offense, the way it should be, will help him next year. Watching some of the weak passes Collins threw today that were incomplete or batted down - I thought that Campbell would have made those throws.

If we want THREE pro bowlers on the line then we need to draft a right tackle and guard with those first 2 picks and let them challenge Thomas and Heyer for starting time....and replace Thomas and Heyer if they don't come through.

Do you have a short memory. We gave up 18 sacks last year and JC had 1 fumble last year. When we get our running guys back in Jansen and Thomas we are fine

Right

choo ...chooo...

That's the sound of the Excuse Train coming through. Be sure to grab your tickets. No excuses. I guess his turnovers were due to Moss being a slouch as well?

We had Clinton Portis and a Pro-bowl tight end in Cooley. Moss is being paid big money to make plays, so why isn't he making them?

Fact is, Campbell is average at best. He has a strong arm, but his accuracy and pocket presence is a joke. A absolute joke.

Lets look at some real facts

Romo sits to pee 5th year of experience (basically same system; new OC was QB coach)

Romo sits to pee has 5 other pro bowlers on offense

Romo sits to pee was only sacked 24 times in 520 pass attempts (once every 22 attempts)

Campbell 3rd year of experience (2nd system. 2nd year in current system)

Campbell has 1 pro bowler on offense EDIT: Correction-2 pro bowlers (Cooley & Samuels

Campbell was sacked 21 times in 21 times in 417 pass attempts (once every 19 pass attempts)

You can't really compare the 2 because both have adopted completely opposite situations. As you can see by the facts.

News for you….that’s what Gibbs wants

I’ve seen Collins throw long……ACCURATELY (in WR stride)

I’ve seen JC blow WIDE OPEN WRs

And when the games on the line JC chokes

And of course 0-4 JC makes these plays?

If we EXECUTE we do not need to catch up

TC was getting it done

this gets tiring.....what do you think happened today? the Seattle defense exposed not only our O-line...they exposed Collins as well. what don't you get about that?

enough with the strawman cases already...that gets a tad boring also. Campbell chucked two untimely picks while playing catch-up at the end in games others f'd up a lead in.

- Collins is a frigging rock in the pocket. he is dead meat for any team that can muster a pass rush.....

- sorry....he threw a whole bunch of *rappy passes today. you can see that there is no velocity on his balls...something that...just think....is nice to have when plays that depend upon exquisite timing break down.

- he is totally a creature of the system. there is no flexibility in his game. we saw that today.

- he is not a playmaker. we saw that today.

- he is obviously not immune to turnovers either

- he doesn't look to me to be a firey leader on the field (any more than others accuse Campbell of)

wake up! we were witness to one of those fantasy stories in which the ugly duckling back-up shines beautifully for a brief period.....only to be exposed in the end.

he was throwing ducks all day...and the fourth quarter was an embarrassment in the annals of professional QB'ing.

no dig on Collins...but he's not a playmaker. he does not win games.

I was expecting his ducks, as his lack of arm strength wasn't a surprise. Such poor decision-making was. He had made such smart decisions in this run.

He did have that TD drive in the 4th quarter. But after that he did implode.

Do you have a short memory. We gave up 18 sacks last year and JC had 1 fumble last year. When we get our running guys back in Jansen and Thomas we are fine

Jansen is a slave to pass rushers when he is not on the bench injured. Last year at this time we you were saying that we would be fine when Thomas comes back from his injury. Seems like you are saying the same thing every single year at the same time about the same injured player. Don't you think you should give it a rest.

So why didn't we do squat last year? Oh, I know...because he still SUCKS. That's the problem with some of you guys. You keep using that "When we get X back...we will be fine". It doesn't matter, and when you do get them back and **** isn't fixed, you'll find some other excuse to make for them. Fact is, you could put Jason Campbell on the Patriots squad right now and NE would be lucky to have got a wild card in the AFC.

Jansen is a slave to pass rushers when he is not on the bench injured. Last year at this time we you were saying that we would be fine when Thomas comes back from his injury. Seems like you are saying the same thing every single year at the same time about the same injured player. Don't you think you should give it a rest.

Thomas was fine last year and played 16 games. Jansen missed 2 games last year. The entire offensive line played the entire year. :doh:

Archived