Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

That is all your opinion.

My opinion is that I'd take watching so many MMA fights over the best boxing matches. Hell, I like watching some jiu jitsu matches over the best boxing matches. It's to the point that when I watch boxing, I can't believe these guys are only using their hands. After drilling hand to hand combat techniques that can be used in real life situations, watching a boxer is almost unbearable. I constantly see openings for kicks, knees and takedowns. When the ref separates the boxers from a 1 second clinch I just laugh and change the channel at this point.

So why do you watch it at all then ? It's like going to a restaurant that you know sucks over and over and expecting it to be better. Personally, I would watch little league world series over MMA any day of the week. And I grew up on martial arts.

Ortiz got exactly what he deserved. You intentionally headbutt someone in the mouth you better put your hands up because that guy is going to try t take your head off.

/fight.

/thread.

It was a good fight but Ortiz knew he was fighting Floyd's fight and no matter how hard he tried Floyd sucked him right back in. Enter headbutt.

Floyd knew as well, knocking him out will result in a) a win + b)controversy + c) making him even more of a bad guy (hence the threats at the end...hate me more people!) = a bigger payday next fight, which now doesnt even have to be Manny.

Floyd = best fighter alive and most fiscally creative/intelligent athlete on the planet.

So why do you watch it at all then ? It's like going to a restaurant that you know sucks over and over and expecting it to be better. Personally, I would watch little league world series over MMA any day of the week. And I grew up on martial arts.

I catch it when I'm channel surfing. A lot different than getting dressed, intentionally driving to a bad restaurant, and spending money.

I still enjoy classic boxing matches, just not as much as great MMA fights or great jiu jitsu matches. My opinion.

Just curious what martial arts you did as a kid. When I was growing up all there were around here were Karate dojos. A few of my friends and I would spends days in the boxing gym at the boys and girls club in the summer, but I only had a handful of fights. I loved boxing because I believed it to be the most useful form of hand to hand combat. Luckily for me I didn't maintain a blind faith in boxing, and moved on to accept all martial arts useful for hand to hand combat.

This is an argument between opinions, and I'm doing it in the boxing thread...sorry if I'm coming off as a troll, but it rubs me the wrong way when fans of punching try to crap on the rest of the world of martial arts.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

You can paint this anyway you want to but the 5 minutes of boos tell the story. Everyone in attendance knew that was **** and everyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty is willing to admit the same. The ref's mistake was large enough to end his career. I feel bad those that paid for that absolute joke of a fight.

You can paint this anyway you want to but the 5 minutes of boos tell the story. Everyone in attendance knew that was **** and everyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty is willing to admit the same. The ref's mistake was large enough to end his career. I feel bad those that paid for that absolute joke of a fight.

At this point, the only fight I'm willing to pay for is Floyd/Pac, nothing else. I was contmplating whether or not to order this fight too. I would've been pissed.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

A bad boxing fight is still a fight. That's why. As for the little league world series... It's baseball. It's the same overrated boring crap no

matter how old the players are.

In the end, who cares how it ended? It's still the same situation that Floyd looks like a punk dodging the one fighter that can beat him. I'm not saying it as a slight to his skill, he's the second best fighter in the world...but if you run from the one guy better than you, you don't really deserve respect.

Just like he refused to show up to court and defend himself after he talked **** about Manny using and got sued....so he hides from that too.

Names were sometimes Americanized back then, but Judo, Taekwondo, Thai Boxing (Muay Thai), some weapons training ( I grew up as a military kid). I love the Art of fighting, not the game of it.

To me MMA is more of a game. Boxing is more art.

I know a little j j but not enough to really think I know much, same as I know the Russian language.

And it is a little trollish, same as I did when I used to go in your MMA threads. I can watch some fights but when an opponent is defenseless it goes against almost everything the art is about.

Names were sometimes Americanized back then, but Judo, Taekwondo, Thai Boxing (Muay Thai), some weapons training ( I grew up as a military kid).

That's actually pretty darn respectable, hard to understand your blunt hatred for MMA.

I love the Art of fighting, not the game of it.

To me MMA is more of a game. Boxing is more art.

Well it is called Mixed Martial Arts. Boxing is one martial art, and MMA is several martial arts infused in to one. Kickboxing, Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling demand an incredibly high level of craftiness and technique to be considered "great" at.

And it is a little trollish, same as I did when I used to go in your MMA threads. I can watch some fights but when an opponent is defenseless it goes against almost everything the art is about.

Well I believe letting a guy continue on after receiving a concussion and a standing 8 count is even worse. At least when a guy goes out in MMA, the ref ends it ASAP. On the whole, boxers will always have more debilitating brain conditions than mixed martial artists. My signature is not the norm, for sure.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

This.... and I didn't see Joe Cortez say "Time In".

Its Amazing Floyd Mayweather is recieving heat after this fight. It was an good fight Mayweather was dominating, Ortiz was trying he was fighting hard and then a head but I have never seen one like this before THE SUPERMAN BUTT. After the Butt Ortiz went over to Mayweathers corner and Kissed him TWICE!!! and gave him a hug how gay is that. Then the reff "who screwed up should have started time first" restarted the fight and ORTIZ went in for another kiss and got KTFO.

Letterman really hates Floyd Mayweather and he got what was coming too him at the end. CRAZY night MAYWEATHER did his job I am disappointed the way it ended but thats totally on Ortiz for nothing protecting his self and trying too kiss the man for the 3rd time after a very bad very stupid head butt.

I cant believe so many people are against Mayweather after what happened. The rules of the ring are very clear the ref even said post fight that Mayweather did nothing illegal. This type of thing happens in sports all the time where someones not ready and gets burned it just happens that boxing is a fighting sport its Ortiz's fault for keeping his hands down after INTENTIONALLY headbutting Mayweather what did he expect Mayweather to do just sit calm??? Im not saying Mayweather is right for doing what he did but he played by the rules and people are ripping him apart acting like he was scared to continue on and saw his opportunity and took it...which is complete bs because Floyd was straight working Ortiz for most of the fight...anyways I do hope to one day see Mayweather Pacquiao and to all the Pacquiao fans who think that he will rip Floyd up i think you are all in for a surprise.

Edited by CjSuAvE22