Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Unless Pac look like total garbage against JMM, we WILL NOT see Pac/May.

This is what Mayweather has been waiting for all along. It's not who he fights that concerns him. It's when he fights them. He's never, ever going to take a chance with his undefeated record. Ever. He knows Pac is a fighter who expends a lot of energy and who is willing to take shots. He also knows that this will eventually wear him down as a fighter overall. He's waiting for Manny to slow down a bit. Floyd will stay young and fast for a loooong time because he doesn't take any damage. He's not going to fight anyone who poses a threat.

This is what Mayweather has been waiting for all along. It's not who he fights that concerns him. It's when he fights them. He's never, ever going to take a chance with his undefeated record. Ever. He knows Pac is a fighter who expends a lot of energy and who is willing to take shots. He also knows that this will eventually wear him down as a fighter overall. He's waiting for Manny to slow down a bit. Floyd will stay young and fast for a loooong time because he doesn't take any damage. He's not going to fight anyone who poses a threat.

Roy Jones never took much damage either, then he looked old in the first against Tarver and escaped. Things been downhill for my boy ever since :( (Although I guess you can say the jumping up and down in weight affected him in the same way a beatdown would have.)

That's right. He will not fight the best Pacquiao. I can't believe so many on this thread is buying into May's antics. Somebody actually said that they'll probably fight in 2013. LOL, I bet Floyd would fight him 2 YEARS from now.

Edited by DM72

Roy Jones never took much damage either, then he looked old in the first against Tarver and escaped. Things been downhill for my boy ever since :( (Although I guess you can say the jumping up and down in weight affected him in the same way a beatdown would have.)

This is so true. It could happen to Floyd as well. I'm sure though, that he's not thinking about it that way, as Roy didn't. Also- Roy didn't dodge people the way Floyd does.

Edited by Chachie

Pac already ducked Mayweather but nobody wants too mention that just like they fail to mention Ortiz flying headbutt and his thousand kisses and hugs.

MAYWEATHER AGREED TO EVERYTHINGTO FIGHT PACMAN, PAC VERBALLY AGREED TO FIGHT MAYWEATHER TO TERMS. BOB ARUM FAXED THE CONTRACT TO PAC AND PAC SAID IT NEEDS TOO BE SMALL ADJUSTMENTS FIRST. HE THEN PUT THE 10 MILLION DOLLAR PER POUND IN THE CONTRACT TO SCARE MAYWEATHER IT DIDN'T MAYWEATHER AGREED, PAC THEN SAID NO TO THE DRUG TESTING.

People fail to see that those are FACTS, PAC nor ARUM denies those. The fight was set the venue was set MGM GRAND the money was set 50-50 and then at the last minute PAC said no.

Mayweather after Mosley fight said he is taking the 14 day window off the table and want unlimited drug testing all the way up to the day before the fight. PAC then comes and says 14 days is good LOL its a joke, Mayweather is not an angel he also responsible for all this crap also.

People said why is he coming up with all this testing now? WHY NOT hell all sports steped up there testing why not boxing and why not BOXING TOP DRAW FLOYD MAYWEATHER to lead the way, and why not for one of the biggest fights in history 3rd behind ALI FRAZIER, or ALI FORMAN. The guy thats trying to clean up the sport is getting the blame thats funny. One guy has excuses, SCARED of NEEDLES, IT WEAKENS ME one after another. Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz did the test why not pac? T

When your style is predicated on your extraordinary reflexes and athleticism then things will fall apart when father time steps in. On the other side of the coin, look at someone like Hopkins who is full of technique and is still winning meaningful fights while closing in on his 50s.

When your style is predicated on your extraordinary reflexes and athleticism then things will fall apart when father time steps in. On the other side of the coin, look at someone like Hopkins who is full of technique and is still winning meaningful fights while closing in on his 50s.

This is true also. I don't think Floyd will fall apart seemingly overnight like Roy did though, primarily because once Floyd goes up in weight he doesn't go back down (except for the De La Hoya bout at 154lbs, even then he weighed in for that fight at 148lbs). Floyd also has other defensive tactics that don't solely rely on reflexes. He's much more in the vein of a B-Hop in terms of knowing just about all there is to know about boxing. People inside boxing always felt Roy was so supremely gifted, that he stopped working on the small things that help you once the athleticism goes.

Edited by StillUnknown

Pac already ducked Mayweather but nobody wants too mention that just like they fail to mention Ortiz flying headbutt and his thousand kisses and hugs.

MAYWEATHER AGREED TO EVERYTHINGTO FIGHT PACMAN, PAC VERBALLY AGREED TO FIGHT MAYWEATHER TO TERMS. BOB ARUM FAXED THE CONTRACT TO PAC AND PAC SAID IT NEEDS TOO BE SMALL ADJUSTMENTS FIRST. HE THEN PUT THE 10 MILLION DOLLAR PER POUND IN THE CONTRACT TO SCARE MAYWEATHER IT DIDN'T MAYWEATHER AGREED, PAC THEN SAID NO TO THE DRUG TESTING.

People fail to see that those are FACTS, PAC nor ARUM denies those. The fight was set the venue was set MGM GRAND the money was set 50-50 and then at the last minute PAC said no.

Mayweather after Mosley fight said he is taking the 14 day window off the table and want unlimited drug testing all the way up to the day before the fight. PAC then comes and says 14 days is good LOL its a joke, Mayweather is not an angel he also responsible for all this crap also.

People said why is he coming up with all this testing now? WHY NOT hell all sports steped up there testing why not boxing and why not BOXING TOP DRAW FLOYD MAYWEATHER to lead the way, and why not for one of the biggest fights in history 3rd behind ALI FRAZIER, or ALI FORMAN. The guy thats trying to clean up the sport is getting the blame thats funny. One guy has excuses, SCARED of NEEDLES, IT WEAKENS ME one after another. Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz did the test why not pac? T

If Floyd is that interested in cleaning up the sport, he'd go to the state athletic commissions and demand changes. Has he done that? I'll wait for an answer.

Floyd knew that demanding these drug test against Pac would create a bump in the road in the negotiations.

Edited by DM72

No offense, SoULjA- but I don't think any of us (including you) know what is fact and what is fiction in this whole charade.

People said why is he coming up with all this testing now? WHY NOT hell all sports steped up there testing why not boxing and why not BOXING TOP DRAW FLOYD MAYWEATHER to lead the way, and why not for one of the biggest fights in history 3rd behind ALI FRAZIER, or ALI FORMAN.

If this fight would be #3 in boxing history it would only be because the boxing game has gotten so sad that these are the only 2 fighters worth watching in the game today. :(

No offense, SoULjA- but I don't think any of us (including you) know what is fact and what is fiction in this whole charade.

If this fight would be #3 in boxing history it would only be because the boxing game has gotten so sad that these are the only 2 fighters worth watching in the game today. :(

I agree that really no one knows the exact facts other than mayweather, PAC, shafer and Arum, so why put all the blame on one guy when he has one demand drug testing and the other had numerous and those are facts.

If Floyd is that interested in cleaning up the sport, he'd go to the state athletic commissions and demand changes. Has he done that? I'll wait for an answer.

Floyd knew that demanding these drug test against Pac would create a bump in the road in the negotiations.

You know its funny. Floyd asks for drug testing. Manny declines. Floyd asks for drug testing. Manny agrees but not all the way up to the fight because it will "interfere with his training" huh? Floyd asks for drug testing. Manny agrees up to the fight but says he won't allow the US anti doping agency to do it, instead they want someone else to administer because they dont trust the nations' governing body of PED use in sports.

And FLOYD is the one ducking Manny? You are delusional.

He is asking for DRUG TESTING not an absurd amount of money, not to fight bare knuckle, not to do a tag team WWE event... DRUG TESTING. If he wanted to duck the fight, wouldn't he ask for something a bit more...oh I dont know, unreasonable? DRUG TESTING!

Edited by da#1skinsfan

You know its funny. Floyd asks for drug testing. Manny declines. Floyd asks for drug testing. Manny agrees but not all the way up to the fight because it will "interfere with his training" huh? Floyd asks for drug testing. Manny agrees up to the fight but says he won't allow the US anti doping agency to do it, instead they want someone else to administer because they dont trust the nations' governing body of PED use in sports.

And FLOYD is the one ducking Manny? You are delusional.

He is asking for DRUG TESTING not an absurd amount of money, not to fight bare knuckle, not to do a tag team WWE event... DRUG TESTING. If he wanted to duck the fight, wouldn't he ask for something a bit more...oh I dont know, unreasonable? DRUG TESTING!

Funny that you bring that up because rumor has it that aftef Pac agreed to the test, Floyd demanded $100 million. I'll admit, this came from Arum, but I don't remember Floyd ever denying it.

Funny that you bring that up because rumor has it that aftef Pac agreed to the test, Floyd demanded $100 million. I'll admit, this came from Arum, but I don't remember Floyd ever denying it.

I never asked for $100 million dollars. That’s false. I said with my guarantee on the backside, it’s possible that I can make $75 to $100 million in one night.

He still has legal issues because of PAC.

LOL, are you kidding me? Floyd was the worst enemy of security guards for months. There's atlest 2 or 3 incidents involving Floyd going afted a security guard. I'm almost certain there's atleast 1 or 2 cases of Floyd assulting a woman. And then there's the case you brought up concerning Pac. When you trash someone's good name without ANY proof, expect to be sued.

And I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

Just watched the PBF/Ortiz replay on HBO. Now that I got a chance to see it in HD, and not a ****ty stream, I have little to no sympathy for Ortiz. Really, **** that guy. He throws a blatant headbutt due to being frustrated by 3 and a half rounds of mostly getting worked over by Mayweather.

I am not sure why Lampley says "the ref didn't say anything" Cortez brings the fighters back to the center of the ring and then CLEARY says "alright guys, LETS GO" and does the hand signal bringing each hand in.

Did Mayweather take advantage of a situation? Probably, but book ****ing hoo, Ortiz's headbutt barely gets brought up at all as if it is just "one of things that happened" even though it wasn't an accidental BUTT, it was intentional and could have led to an end to the fight or a cut, but it barely even gets mentioned at all in the post-fight commentary.

And Lampley, seriously, **** YOU. "Mayweather may have won the fight...but according to the crowd who REALLY won?" GTFO *******. I love how Steward and Merchant kind of had this "WTF" look on their faces when he said that, and were like "umm, Mayweather, dude"

Also, Floyd's KO to win ration was 70% before he moved up to welterweight. Having less KO's in a higher weight-class is normal and to be expected, not sure why this is any type of valid criticism of Floyd's game.

Floyd vs. Pac not ever happening either tarnishes both their legacies or neither of their legacies. Bottomline. It seems most independent observers who have no vested interest in promoting one fighter over the other have said both sides have their fair share to blame for the fight not happening as of yet.

For those that say "Floyd wants Pac, not at his best" Well hey go watch Mayweather fights from 2005 and before and you tell me Mayweather is as good in 2011. Mayweather doesn't have the KO power at welterweight that he did at the smaller weights. People who think his fights are boring are casual fans. Losing your KO power when moving up in weight is completely normal and expected.

His KO to WIN ration was 70% before he moved up to Welterweight.