Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Nope. Bernard Hopkins is a student of the game. He knows what he needs to do to win fights. He usually starts slow, but he tries to finish well. He outsmarts a lot of his competition, plus he has a lot of old school dirty tricks that he can get away with. He frustrates his opponents and they lose focus, while he doesn't. Doesn't help that he stays in tip-top shape. If he were 10 years younger, he would really put a hurting on Dawson. I think he'll get the decision. I really hope it's a good fight, cause Dawson doesn't always bring his "A" game and who knows when Bernard will really fade due to age.

Hopkins is an amazing fighter but far from unbeatable. It will be fun watching a very strong Dawson try to find the chink in the armor.

Can't believe that fight is on PPV. I want to see it, but just can't justify paying $59.99 for it.

It's on PPV because HBO horribly mismanaged their boxing TV budget this year.

Anyone else amazed that Hopkins is still THIS good at 46?

I think it says more about the state of the division rather than how great Hopkins is.

as for the fight itself, I don't see it being all that entertaining. Dawson lacks agression, and B-Hop tends to start slow as hell. I'm picking B-Hop by Split Decision. If the Dawson from 2005, the one who beat Adamek, shows up, he'll coast to an easy decision. Nothing in his recent performances suggests that guy will be coming back though.

http://www.sportsbun.com/boxing/boxing-schedule-2011-boxing-events-2011/

Watch here if you'd like.

Like VDO - Link #1 is pretty good just mute the foreign commentators.

---------- Post added October-16th-2011 at 12:16 AM ----------

Lol, what a joke boxing is sometimes. Looks like Golden Boy fights are becoming rigged. Fight over, Bernard unable to continue past 2nd round, he faked injured right shoulder and fight is ruled TKO for Dawson

I agree, everyone gets paid except the fans who make the sport. They wonder why this sport is falling behind others, too much corruption and no one cares......pretty much sums it up, we'll always have the best fights be those that aren't PPV and that aren't "Super-Matches"

The best ones are going to be unexpected, guess it will always be that way till the sport fades so far back into mediocrity that we just don't watch anymore.

To think this used to be one of the best things about American Sports.......used to be

(As far as my opinion on the fight, 1st round a feeling out round, then the foul occurs and Bernard sees an easy way out of a big pay fight with minimal damage by faking injury thinking hell I'm champion I get to keep the belt due to a no contest....didn't work out that way lol, at least that was a small victory and we'll move forward with Dawson as the champ)

I can honestly say, I did not see that coming. If Boxing didn't have a black eye, it sure has one now. That main event was horrible. It's a DAMN shame that the fight ended the way it did. I'm a big Hopkins fan, but he needs to retire, BUT HE WON'T. I think it should have been ruled a no-contest for the throw down and not a TKO. Looks like he was faking a bit, but you never know. I know there won't be a rematch. Now, Dawson can try to avenge his loss to Pascal.

It's just frustrating to know that a sport is crooked and IMO if you have a fight that ends in the fashion that these are ending in I think the penalty should be that people are refunded there PPV. Until they actually at bare minimum put undercards together with 2 to 3 named fighters fighting and bare minimum 2 interesting fight matchups (1 being the main event, the other being two going at it for a title) I'm sick and tired of the undercards being lopsided matchups to attempt to build up whomever's fighters (Arum's or Golden Boys, etc.)

I used to think any fight with Don King was going to be high probability of a rigged scoring if it went the distance, now they aren't even going the distance. Disgrace.

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/7153089/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-fight-never-happen

If anyone truly and I mean truly believe what nonsense Bob Arum is saying then I got some great land in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean to sell you. Arum is one of the biggest bigots and racist in this sport. He'll continue to goad Mayweather and talk all his crap but Arum is nothing more than a pile of scum and human waste. Arum has said many racist things in the past, his comments on MMA being the most recent.

To understand the comments that Arum makes, you have to understand the man. He's a disgusting individual that unfortunately makes a lot of money off that backs of people stepping into the ring.

It is so easy to call a man a coward when it is not you that is stepping into that ring.

:helmet:

, this link further explains the disgusting nature of Arum. Edited by C26 Run

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/7153089/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao-fight-never-happen

If anyone truly and I mean truly believe what nonsense Bob Arum is saying then I got some great land in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean to sell you. Arum is one of the biggest bigots and racist in this sport. He'll continue to goad Mayweather and talk all his crap but Arum is nothing more than a pile of scum and human waste. Arum has said many racist things in the past, his comments on MMA being the most recent.

To understand the comments that Arum makes, you have to understand the man. He's a disgusting individual that unfortunately makes a lot of money off that backs of people stepping into the ring.

It is so easy to call a man a coward when it is not you that is stepping into that ring.

I can't believe so many of you have fallen for Mayweathers, "take the test" ploy. I'm no huge fan of Arum, but if shaming Mayweather into finally fighting Pac, then so be it. IMO, the only way May fights Pac is if Pac gets old.

One thing you have to understand with guys like Mayweather is that perception is everything with the people he represents. The hip hop generation. More than money or anything, it's all about perception. He'd rather have the hip hop generation believe he's the best, than going out and proving it. If he loses, he's DONE. He'll lose all credibility with that group and would probably NEVER get it back. That's what Mayweather is afraid of. Mark my words, if Mayweather was confident that he'd beat Pacquiao, he'd been done fought him by now.

Edited by DM72

I can't believe so many of you have fallen for Mayweathers, "take the test" ploy. I'm no huge fan of Arum, but if shaming Mayweather into finally fighting Pac, then so be it. The only way May fights Pac is if Pac gets old.

One thing you have to understand with guys like Mayweather is that perception is everything with the people he represents. The hip hop generation. More than money or anything, it's all about perception. He'd rather have the hip hop generation believe he's the best, than going out and proving it. If he loses, he's DONE. He'll lose all credibility with that group and would probably NEVER get it back. That's what Mayweather is afraid of. Mark my words, if Mayweather was confident that he'd beat Pacquiao, he'd been done fought him by now.

I actually somewhat agree with you, but this has nothing to do Hip Hop or the generation of Hip Hop. It's about Arum. Arum says a lot of bs that nobody is able to correct him on. I want the fight to happen for boxing's sake. I could care less about either man's legacy, the sport is bigger than both. My post was about what Arum had to say. Not the "take the test ploy" as you described. I think boxing needs this fight to happen and unfortunately Arum will make a huge profit if it does happen.

I actually somewhat agree with you, but this has nothing to do Hip Hop or the generation of Hip Hop. It's about Arum. Arum says a lot of bs that nobody is able to correct him on. I want the fight to happen for boxing's sake. I could care less about either man's legacy, the sport is bigger than both. My post was about what Arum had to say. Not the "take the test ploy" as you described. I think boxing needs this fight to happen and unfortunately Arum will make a huge profit if it does happen.

You're right, I did get sidetracked. Again, I'm not big fan of Arum, but I'm for anything that will get these guys in the ring and if that means shaming someone, so be it. They were actually talking about this this mornong on ESPN's First Take.

You're right, I did get sidetracked. Again, I'm not big fan of Arum, but I'm for anything that will get these guys in the ring and if that means shaming someone, so be it. They were actually talking about this this mornong on ESPN's First Take.

I'm sure Skip Baseless agreed with Bob Arum without knowing Arums' history.

I'm sure Skip Baseless agreed with Bob Arum without knowing Arums' history.

He agreed that he thinks Mayweather is scared. But to be fair, Skip has been saying that for a while now. Rob Parker also kind of agreed that he thinks Mayweather is scared. Stephen A Smith disagreed though.

• 2 weeks later...

James Kirkland vs. Alfredo Angulo tonight on HBO, should be a slugfest as long as it lasts.

I think Angulo wins by being the slightly better boxer and not having the chin problems Kirkland has shown. The only outcome that would surprise me is if this fight went the distance.

decent undercard with Peter Quillin vs. Andy McEwan. Quillin's an older but talented prospect for 160 which desperately needs some talent right now.

Amazing 1st round for Kirkland and Angulo.

and 2nd round....no way it goes the distance but this is the best of boxing and it certainly can be great when it's like this!

---------- Post added November-5th-2011 at 11:21 PM ----------

Damn, gotta give Kirkland credit for manning up since the knock down. That is entirely his corner that picked him up (along with his will that they helped put in him). Gotta give him credit though, going down to Cancun and getting up to give us all a great look at his heart.