Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

It was an accurate score....I don't know how you guys score fights but if one guy controls the ring and lands more at a higher percentage...he wins.

Just because JMM made it closer than oddsmakers had him doesn't mean he wins by default..

Edited by Unforgiven

It was an accurate score....I don't know how you guys score fights but if one guy controls the ring and lands more at a higher percentage...he wins.

Just because JMM made it closer than oddsmakers had him doesn't mean he wins by default..

JMM landed the cleaner, harder shots. that trumps "ring generalship" in my eyes. It was close though, not enough for me to get worked up arguing about.

JMM landed the cleaner, harder shots. that trumps "ring generalship" in my eyes. It was close though, not enough for me to get worked up arguing about.

Yeah, I agree it was close.

JMM landed some good shots, but he was less active and less accurate. I think if Beristain had told him "you're behind, you need to knock him out" and he went out and threw like he wanted to finish the fight the final 3 rounds, he would have won.

Manny didn't control the ring. What the hell were you watching? He was over-reaching and missing with his shots. For the first 6 rounds he hit Pac with 2-3 shots for every 1 shot he was hit with.

JMM is a counter puncher and his strategy was crisp, and it worked exactly as designed, and his reward for it was to be told he lost 116-112?

This is a joke.

BS. One guy can not as a PRO see it as a draw and the guy seated next to him sees 4 rounds completely different.

Who cares what the odds makers say.

Watching the fight Pac pretty much didn't control anything. The crowd booed Manny for heavens sake. He was controlled and it was evident. Sucks because I love boxing, but that is garbage.

Manny didn't control the ring. What the hell were you watching?.

The same one the commentators and judges were watching. They were right...sorry.

JMM has no one to blame but himself and his corner, he slacked off at the end and ended up drawing on 1 card and down by 2 on another.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 12:56 AM ----------

You guys paying attention to a Nevada crowd cheering a Mexican boxing legend....c'mon. They were going to booo Manny even if he came out and beat JMM senseless.

JMM is a living legend to most of those fans.

The same one the commentators and judges were watching. They were right...sorry.

Obviously not the one the ESPN analysts were watching....

I didn't see the whole fight, so I don't know.

But the fact that two judges are so far apart is the epitomy of what is wrong with boxing.

BS. One guy can not as a PRO see it as a draw and the guy seated next to him sees 4 rounds completely different.

Who cares what the odds makers say.

Watching the fight Pac pretty much didn't control anything. The crowd booed Manny for heavens sake. He was controlled and it was evident. Sucks because I love boxing, but that is garbage.

It's actually only 2 rounds difference. If there were two very close rounds and he scored them for pac by a razor thin margin, that's makes it 8-4 vs. 6-6

Obviously not the one the ESPN analysts were watching....

I didn't see the whole fight, so I don't know.

But the fact that two judges are so far apart is the epitomy of what is wrong with boxing.

Sad thing is, there have been so many worse decisions in boxing this year alone (nothing will come close to topping Erislandy Lara "losing" to Paul Williams earlier this year)

I'm kind of numb to judges decisions at this point.

Apart from a 116-112 card, you're not going to hear the majority of boxing analyst really complaining over this.

The 116-112 was a bit silly, just like saying JMM won by 3-4 rounds. It was a close fight.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 01:04 AM ----------

The one thing I would say is they made a good point at the end of that, seeing JMM counter back like he did.....it does make Manny look more vulnerable to Mayweather than before.

Edited by Unforgiven

It's actually only 2 rounds difference. If there were two very close rounds and he scored them for pac by a razor thin margin, that's makes it 8-4 vs. 6-6

Yeah, sorry. hit the 4 as I was going towards the "r". and thinking about the points.

Either way I had the score same as someone else had posted 115-113, and could have been 116-112, but for Marquez. The fight was not that close. Reminds me of a DeLaHoya fight I watched about 6 years ago whenre Oscar clearly lost and they just gave him the fight.

Weak sauce.

JMM could've knocked down Pacquaio 100x and they still were going to give it to Pacquaio. It's really sad too because at worst this fight was a draw. JMM should've been announced as the split decision winner but that Mayweather fight against Pacquaio took precedence. How the hell could a judge score 116-112, what fight was he watching?

BTW, if Pacquaio fights Mayweather like he fought Marquez then Mayweather will retire undefeated.

:helmet:

Sad thing is, there have been so many worse decisions in boxing this year alone (nothing will come close to topping Erislandy Lara "losing" to Paul Williams earlier this year)

I'm kind of numb to judges decisions at this point.

Those judges got suspended by NJ boxing commission.

It's a corrupt sport with payoffs, and no commission that overseas the entire sport. They just bounce to other states.

JMM could've knocked down Pacquaio 100x and they still were going to give it to Pacquaio.:

If you honestly think that, you shouldn't watch boxing anymore. That would simply mean the fights are totally rigged and should be ignored.

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 01:08 AM ----------

Just to be clear, I don't really want to defend this that much because it was a very close fight. It could have gone the other way and I actually wouldn't have been that bothered....but to see people act like JMM dominated and got robbed seems a little extreme.