Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I'd love to know more about who promoted this fight....I do notice there are two black twins that are around after the fight who are those guys? I believe they were there on the last one that I personally felt was a close decision and possible robbery (Lucas Mathysse) Anyhow this was equally as bad as the Holyfield vs Lewis Draw

Such a disgrace.

On a side note I felt the commentating (even Roy) called the fight very well, and I was glad to hear everyone talk about it openly

---------- Post added July-10th-2011 at 12:22 AM ----------

Thank you Max for calling it how it was very emphatically, I only wish someone would lose their job over it. Until then it will always be this way because people get paid off and there are no repercussions to their actions. Not a single judge from this fight should be allowed to be associated with boxing in any fa-cite for a minimum of 3 years. All cases like this should be determined on a case by case (fight by fight) basis, not a lump sum rule for every situation because it is a judged event which there will always be error invovled when it is based on a point system. The thing is after a robbery there should be an investigation with consequences, Hell make the judges sit with a panel and go through each round on how they scored it and why and see if it even matches their cards that they turned in.

I'm just in shock.

Lara got robbed something fierce

**** like that is why I hate boxing

Lara beat the hell outta Paul Williams for 12 rounds

this **** is just sickening

its just ****ing gross

no human with eyes that weren't influenced by $$$$$ could call that fight for Williams

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/7/10/2268340/williams-vs-lara-results-erislandy-lara-robbed-of-win-ramos-knocks

Bad Left Hook will have more tomorrow. I can't say a whole lot more. There are only so many ways I can say this without getting incredibly obscene, and I try to keep that off of our front page. I really do try. But this is pushing it. If a fighter like Erislandy Lara isn't going to be given a fair chance in a fight like this, no matter what he does short of knocking Paul Williams out, why should he even fight? Why should we watch? And why do we keep going out of our way to prop up this complete idiocy? We're not being a presented a sport but a physical, pre-determined drama in far too many cases. All Paul Williams had to do tonight, apparently, was not get knocked out. Well congratulations! You've done it again, boxing judges!

perfectly sums it up

its kinda funny, tonight had the best of what boxing should be (Rios vs. Antillon) and the worst of what boxing has become (Lara vs. Williams)

Edited by StillUnknown

Dumped HBO 2 save $. Really that bad?

Altho, lara DID say he'd knock paul out...

It was THAT bad. Paul Williams' trainer told him he needed a KO to win before the 12th and after the 12th was over, Williams didn't even raise his hand with any kind of authority. He knew he was a beatin man.

Dumped HBO 2 save $. Really that bad?

Altho, lara DID say he'd knock paul out...

it was worse

it should also be noted that Paul rehydrated to 170lbs by fight time, it looked like they were in two different weight classes. Lara's never been much of a power guy to begin with, but he did everything but knock Paul down.

Had Williams been fighting Martinez again, Williams would've woke up this morning in the hospital

I had my doubts because of the weight difference, but after last night I'm totally convinced Pac would beat Williams.

Pac would win without doubt because he is southpaw and with Freddie in the corner he'd kill him with overhand lefts all night long, I don't know if Manny would have the power to knock PW out due to the size difference but with his speed and the power that he does have he'd make those punches do enough damage to probably have the corner throw in the towel in the 10th or 11th.

It should be noted that Lucien Bute won another fight by 4th round KO. That's 29-0 for Bute. This dude should be getting more P4P love.

he has to fight better competition before he gets p4p love.

he's been fighting overmatched fighters for the last 2 or 3 years.

he should be able to get some better comp now that the Super Six tourney is wrapping up

he should be able to get some better comp now that the Super Six tourney is wrapping up

he'll likely fight the winner of Froch vs. Ward (which I believe to be Ward) should bet a pretty fun fight to watch though, I'm looking forward to it.

he'll likely fight the winner of Froch vs. Ward (which I believe to be Ward) should bet a pretty fun fight to watch though, I'm looking forward to it.

I heard he's going to fight Pavlik after Pavlik does another tune up fight. Although that may be in jeopardy as Pavlik has relapsed with his alcohol problem

Considering the state of the sport today, very few fighters are better competition. :) I would love to see him fight some of the Super 6 boys.