Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

On another note.

Kirkland still has plenty of potential as a fighter but I hope he has his head clear enough to know that he needs to become a better "boxer" and not just a brawler. He obviously lacks the type of chin that can take flush shots, I don't think you can ever change that fact after being knocked the f out by a light hitting Japanese fighter. What you can change is your style, the best at protecting a suspect chin is Manny Steward (Lennox Lewis & Vlad Klitchko). So with that being said it is time to drag your sorry ass into the Kronk Gym and see if Manny wants to waste his time on you or not, otherwise seek the same help somewhere but gotta change styles. Slow down be a little defensive and then time the offensive explosions. Otherwise I'm afraid he'll just disappear probably without us ever hearing anything else about him.

---------- Post added April-17th-2011 at 01:07 AM ----------

What a night. A great time to be a boxing fan.

You're very right!!! It's about time Boxing showed it's merit.

I can't get into the MMA stuff and don't classify it as the same type of "sport" even as boxing. Too much man on man wrestling and tapouts for me to call that a fight.

It was refreshing to see a great entertaining fight tonight.

Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez likely for October

www.proboxing-fans.com/pacquiao-vs-marquez-iii-likely-for-october_042611/

Yeah I heard that the other day. Not a big fan of it. I know JMM gave some good fights with Pac but it's really a triology not worth making, it's already 2-0 pac....

Outside of that, why not give someone that hasn't had the chance an oppurtuntity to beat the best P4P fighter....give Ortiz a chance, give Berto a shot, I just want to see someone new get in there. Whether or not they lose or stand a lot of a chance lets spice it up a bit and stop giving people like Mosely a 400th shot. I like Mosely and all but I just don't think he'll win and am tired of watching him.

Yeah I heard that the other day. Not a big fan of it. I know JMM gave some good fights with Pac but it's really a triology not worth making, it's already 2-0 pac....

Outside of that, why not give someone that hasn't had the chance an oppurtuntity to beat the best P4P fighter....give Ortiz a chance, give Berto a shot, I just want to see someone new get in there. Whether or not they lose or stand a lot of a chance lets spice it up a bit and stop giving people like Mosely a 400th shot. I like Mosely and all but I just don't think he'll win and am tired of watching him.

Can't argue there. I honestly believe Pac wants to beat the guys Floyd has beaten, but beat them worse. But atleast he's fighting.

Pac is 1-0-1 against JMM

Cotto should not give Margarito a chance to beat him again and silence his critics for cheating. It's a bad style matchup for Miguel at this point in his career, plain and simple. I'm sure Cotto wants revenge but he might just be doing Antonio a huge favor here.

Pac is 1-0-1 against JMM

This is true, overall Manny won the first fight with it being a 12 Rounder he had a draw purely due to the fact that one judge gave the first round a 10-7 score instead of 10-6 which it was suppose to be since he floored JMM 3 times. I agree JMM would of and could of most likely won the fight had there been 3 more rounds to go like an old school 15 round fight because of how hard he fought to come back. However, it was 12 rounds and one judge scored the fight incorrectly resulting in 113 to 113 draw. To me it smelled of corruption going on with gambling, especially to have the fight so far off from one judge having Manny win by a few rounds, the other judge having JMM winning by a few rounds (which would of been impossible to win by without impartiality since he was knocked down so many times in the 1st). Then the final judge to magically have it even, hmmmmmm head scratcher but yes the actual score is 1-0-1. To me the 2nd fight pretty much sealed the deal on whether it was really 2-0 because Manny did win that won without much dispute.

I'm so sick of people talking about Paul Williams. I thought he was grossly overrated even before he got knocked out cold against Martinez.

But speaking of Pacquiao, did anyone see Teddy Atlas on ESPN's First Take? Two of the topics were about Pac. The first was about his fight with Mosley this Saturday, but then they started talking about where does Pac rank among the all time greats. Now I know Atlas has forgotten more boxing than I'll ever know, but imo, it's ridiculous to not have Pac among the top 25 of all time. I think he had him borderline in his top 30. He was bringing up fighters who fought over 100 times. Different era, different time. Pac is probably one of the few fighting now that could probably fight back then.

Then they started talking Pac/Mayweather. Atlas once again stated that he believes Mayweather would beat Pac. To bad Mayweather doesn't share Atlas' confidence because if he did, he'd fight him.

Edited by DM72

Pac's not in my top 25 all-time either, although I haven't looked through my list in a few years

all-time lists in boxing are incredibly difficult to debate anyway simply because of the different eras and changes the game has seen over time. I love reading though lists though because it gives me insight into boxers I may have not been familiar with.

I look at all-time lists in boxing much like I view opinions on the greatest movie of all-time. alot of a person's ranking will come down to simple preference in styles (i.e. offense vs. defense)

I would love to see they 25 you have in front of him. I have no idea why Pac gets critisized for not fighting the best. He's fought Marquez, De La Hoya (even though he was not in his prime, many thought he'd be too much for the smaller Pac), Hatton, Clotty, Cotto and Margarito.

I want to hear where Mayweather ranks on your "all-time" list.

just an estimation, but somewhere between 35-40. I have Pac higher than Mayweather based on accomplishment (i still think Mayweather wins if they fight though)

i do have Mayweather as the best ever at 130lb's

Edited by StillUnknown

Dude...

LA Boxing of Bethesda MD is excited to announce an appearance from the Champ Himself Mike Tyson on Sunday, May 8, 2011 between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM EST.

Mr. Tyson will be available to the public to greet fans, sign autographs, and pose for pictures at LA Boxing Bethesda located at 4834 Cordell Ave, Bethesda MD, 20814.

Tyson boasts the title of “Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World,†and still holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles simultaneously. Making his professional debut at the age of 18, Tyson won his first 19 professional matches by knockout, twelve of which occurred in the first round. As one of the most recognizable sports personalities in history, Tyson brings fame and accomplishment to his many endeavors.

LA Boxing of the Distr ict, Maryland and Virginia is proud to invite Mr. Tyson to share an afternoon at the newest addition to the LA Boxing family: LA Boxing Bethesda. Since 1992 LA Boxing has grown to become the world’s largest Boxing, Kickboxing and Mixed Martial Arts Association. Since 2009, the DMV has boasted many of the top performing clubs, and currently operates six unique locations in Arlington, Alexandria, Georgetown, Rockville, Columbia and Bethesda. As the newest member of the association, LA Boxing Bethesda has a tough act to follow, but already boasts a strong membership base of dedicated Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA enthusiasts. There is no doubt that Mr. Tyson’s appearance this Sunday will reaffirm LA Boxing’s top slot in the Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA community.

Please join members of the LA Boxing fight team, staff and membership for a meet and greet with Boxing Legend, and heavyweight champion Mike Tyson this Sunday, May 8 2011 between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM EST.

LA Boxing Bethesda

4834 Cordell Ave

Bethesda, MD, 20814.

Alright lets get predictions on Pac vs Mosely

My prediction is:

Early rounds to be touch and go, I'd expect Mosely to tag Manny and maybe stun him at some point with the same being said about Manny on Mosely.

Middle rounds I see Pac being sharper and more active than Mosely and basically winning action filled rounds.

Late in the fight maybe by the 10th I see Richardson throwing in the towel.

Mosely has gassed hard in his fight against Mayweather, and in his last fight that was god awful against Sergio Mora. His mind is still sharp, but his body isn't moving accordingly.

Power is the last thing to go, and Mosely's power has carried well as he's gone up in weight. He might be dangerous for the first 6 minutes, but after that it will be all Pacquiao. Mayweather could've stopped Mosely if he turned on the gas late in the fight, Pacquiao's power has traveled with him better than Mayweather's did and he's all offense

Mosely will be stopped somewhere between rounds 7-9

would've been nice if we they added a decent undercard to go with this fight, instead we get a bunch of what should be one-sided showcase matches

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm going the other way in this fight. I see Shane making a statement and catching Manny with a big shot that changes the fight in 4-5 round. Shane by KO in 10. Just think Shane has heard all the talk about him being overmatched and the underdog. He'll delay father time one last time and go out on top.

I'm going the other way in this fight. I see Shane making a statement and catching Manny with a big shot that changes the fight in 4-5 round. Shane by KO in 10. Just think Shane has heard all the talk about him being overmatched and the underdog. He'll delay father time one last time and go out on top.

Although I'm not following you down this road, I can see where this would be one of those weird style matchups for Pac Man or one of those situations where the the unbeatable favorite just has a rotten night and finally loses. It happens to everyone eventually.

I'm picking Manny, of course- but then we all picked Tyson over Buster Douglas, didn't we? :) (In a weird way I think I'm rooting for Shane!)

The one and only reason I'm rooting for Manny is Floyd Jr. I'd hate to see him talking **** if Mosley wins. Plus, I like Manny. He reminds me of a smaller version of Mike Tyson.

Edited by DM72