Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Floyd's adjustments had more to do with it than Mosley tiring

It was probably a little bit of both. But if you want to talk about adjustments, aren't Roach and Pacquiao masterful at coming up and executing their game plans? I don't know much about fighting, but I could easily imagine either one winning. I don't think there's a clear favorite.

It was probably a little bit of both. But if you want to talk about adjustments, aren't Roach and Pacquiao masterful at coming up and executing their game plans? I don't know much about fighting, but I could easily imagine either one winning. I don't think there's a clear favorite.

i agree completely. I still favor Mayweather in the fight, but a clear cut case can be made for either fighter to win.

i agree completely. I still favor Mayweather in the fight, but a clear cut case can be made for either fighter to win.

I don't see Pac winning no decision and i don't think he can hit Floyd enough cleanly to finish him.. Floyd very rarely gets hit clean he works angles and uses that shoulder roll to perfection.. Floyd will counter and move all night i hate him with a passion but you gotta respect his skills.. He is a very smart defensive fighter the guy is a student of the game since his childhood.. And honestly he is more elusive and has more hand speed then Manny..

Holy ****. One of the most viscous KO's I've seen.

Someone post that GIF when it drops.

The slow motion replays actually take away from just how sick the KO was. It was like a recreation of the Big Bang on Williams chin.

the fact that Williams has one of the better chins in boxing only makes it that more devastating.

i thought Williams would lose the fight, but never like that

Edited by StillUnknown

the fact that Williams has one of the better chins in boxing only makes it that more devastating.

i thought Williams would lose the fight, but never like that

They spent half of the pre-fight talking about William's chin and how we should buckle down and get ready for a long fight. Then bam, just like that. Awesome, awesome KO.

The one replay where Williams' back is to the camera is brutal. You see him land flush on his face and then he's just laying there motionless/lifeless with his eyes wide open.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Why is that ref counting? If I were Dana White, I'd just point to this video whenever someone tries to argue that MMA is much more violent than boxing.

I don't think the ref saw how brutal it was but he should have known just from the sound of it I mean it sounded like a damn gun went off.

Thanks for the gifs SU. Awesome.

Hopefully Williams recovers from this. A lot of fighters who get dropped with a punch like that are never the same again (Roy Jones and Jermain Taylor being two).

I always thought Williams' lanky style reminded me of Thomas Hearns. Now I see his chin resembles the Hitman's as well. :)

I always thought Williams' lanky style reminded me of Thomas Hearns. Now I see his chin resembles the Hitman's as well. :)

the man has (or had) a reputation for having a great chin. He took some bombs from Margarito (probably plastered filled bombs) and kept moving forward. Williams hasn't evolved as a boxer. he has no answer when his high work-rate is countered by his opponent

he is very defensively irresponsible, come to think about it, the fact he's gone as high as he has is more representative of his tenaciousness and stamina as opposed to actual skill level.

whether he recovers will be completely dependent on how open he is to switching his style, he can't continue to leave his chin out there to get hammered, especially when fighting slick southpaws because he can't see the punch coming

I think Froch will be a pest to Abraham early, but late in the fight Abraham will catch him with something potent and finish him off. Andre Ward should have no problems with Sakio Bika, he just has to watch out if Sakio decides to start fighting dirty.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Michael Katsidis tonight on HBO will probably be the best fight tonight. its virtually guaranteed to be all action for however long it lasts. i'm taking Marquez just because he simply more skillful. Katisdis is a warrior though, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had some bright moments in the fight. Marquez should be able to get him out in less than 12 rounds though.