Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Zab got what he deserved. That was no low blow. It got him on the hip bone if anything. He was playing it up as a low blow and it bit him in the ass. He was getting beat up anyway so it just saved him from taking a needless punishing for the rest of the fight.

Exactly. It was close to a low blow, but it was clean, IMO. Either way, it was nothing that should have resulted in that reaction from Zab. I don't think he had any interest in the fight continuing.

I like how when he was interviewed afterward he said something about how the new Zab had a much more level-headed reaction that the old Zab would have. I think it was probably a little of that as well as that and he knew he had just gotten his ass kicked for five rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Mares got the win, but the ref just SUCKED. Jim Grey showing him the video and the ref agreeing to low blow was funny. Definitely need to have a rematch. In the early rounds, Agbeko should have been more aggressive, especially when he hurt Mares with the right hand. Mares had a good game plan and executed it. Rematch may be different. But if Mares gets matched up with Donaire, it will be lights out. Donaire will KO him within 6-7 rounds.

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone see 24/7 this past weekend? I've been hearing about a huge blowup in the Mayweather camp between father and son. I know this is probably hype to make Floyd look even more like a bad guy than who he really is.

:helmet:

Alot of what Floyd does is hype, but the stuff between him & his pop is genuine. Alot of bad history between the two, they've tried to patch things up at times, but I doubt they ever completely heal the wounds in their relationship.

Alot of what Floyd does is hype, but the stuff between him & his pop is genuine. Alot of bad history between the two, they've tried to patch things up at times, but I doubt they ever completely heal the wounds in their relationship.

Yeah I know about history between the two, and I really think it sucks. But Floyd does know how to work the media. He loves to play the villain role in everything. I just hope Sr. and Jr. can patch things up, I finally saw a clip of that fight and it looked something silly turned serious.

Did anyone see 24/7 this past weekend? I've been hearing about a huge blowup in the Mayweather camp between father and son. I know this is probably hype to make Floyd look even more like a bad guy than who he really is.

Even though I don't have anymore interest in watching 24/7, I did see the clip of the Mayweathers going at it and thought it was comical to be honest. It wasn't staged or phony but it was two cats arguing over nonsense. Floyd Jr was smart to hide behind his bodyguards cause Floyd Sr is crazy enough to see just how far 'Money' would want to take that confrontation. I know alot of people like 24/7 but it's just become BS now. The Face Off shows they do now are the real must see TV. Just the two Boxers head to head, no entourages, no promoters, no media.

Even though I don't have anymore interest in watching 24/7, I did see the clip of the Mayweathers going at it and thought it was comical to be honest. It wasn't staged or phony but it was two cats arguing over nonsense. Floyd Jr was smart to hide behind his bodyguards cause Floyd Sr is crazy enough to see just how far 'Money' would want to take that confrontation. I know alot of people like 24/7 but it's just become BS now. The Face Off shows they do now are the real must see TV. Just the two Boxers head to head, no entourages, no promoters, no media.

I don't think Floyd was hiding behind his bodyguards at all. Him and his dad was pretty much face to face most of the time until the bodyguards kind of got Floyd out of there.

EDIT: The confrontation is on youtube if anyone wants to see it. I would have posted it myself, but I'm not sure if it would have been allowed.

Edited by DM72

I don't think Floyd was hiding behind his bodyguards at all. Him and his dad was pretty much face to face most of the time until the bodyguards kind of got Floyd out of there.

EDIT: The confrontation is on youtube if anyone wants to see it. I would have posted it myself, but I'm not sure if it would have been allowed.

Yeah I probably put it wrong to say he was hiding behind his bodyguards. He pays them good money to make sure he doesn't get into physical confrontations that could affect his health and Boxing career regardless if it's his own Father or some Punk on the street.

I think there's some racism going on: Everyone talks about Floyd ducking Manny, but nobody mentions the Klitschkos ducking each other. Is it because of color?

(Just kidding) (Though I wish the Klitschkos WOULD fight each other)

Edited by ACW