Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electric Shaving Razor?

DaRock

Does anyone use electric razors. I tried once when I was younger and it didn't work too well, wasn't close, but was gonna give it another go. Anyone have any recommendations on how to or which one to buy and the big differences noticed between straight and electric razor?

Much appreciated guys...

Edit: Also, about replacing heads and cleaning...

I've tried several times to use one without any success. It seems like I have to go over the same area 3 or 4 times and even then it never shaves very close. Last year I went out and bought the most expensive Braun shaver I could find and gave it a good month trial run....it just didn't get the job done. I'd love to find an electric that works well, razors are getting expensive as hell.

I've tried several times to use one without any success. It seems like I have to go over the same area 3 or 4 times and even then it never shaves very close. Last year I went out and bought the most expensive Braun shaver I could find and gave it a good month trial run....it just didn't get the job done. I'd love to find an electric that works well, razors are getting expensive as hell.

I use a Mach 3 in the shower every morning and it works so much better than any electric I've owned. But yeah, the cost of the razors is now such that I actually check out Costco for deals when I'm there :doh::laugh:

I have been using the Mach series since they came out but always wanted a good electric razor. I had a few over the years I always hated how they felt like they were yanking the hair out of my face, and that the shave always looked crappy.

I just used the razor I mentioned above for the 3rd time since owning it with excellent results. I am really looking forward to not getting anymore razor bumps, or in-grown hairs. Not to mention the fortune I am going to save not buying the flipping blades all the time. The self cleaning feature is pretty cool too.

I use a Mach 3 in the shower every morning and it works so much better than any electric I've owned. But yeah, the cost of the razors is now such that I actually check out Costco for deals when I'm there :doh::laugh:

That's the reason I'm looking at electric, plus the convenience too, but went into store and rang up some razors, $20 for 8, what? I'm on strike, growing a beard, until I find a better solution.

I use a Mach 3 in the shower every morning and it works so much better than any electric I've owned.

Same, Mach 3 in the shower. Takes me no time at all and gives a close shave. Every electric I've tried took MUCH longer and the results were always very subpar.

I also tried it earlier when I was 18 years old, and frankly, I thought they sucked. Right now I use the Gilette Fusion with the vibration thingamajig, and it's the best shave I've ever had. I used to use the electric razor with three rotating heads, and not only did I have to go over the same area many times, but usually there was one hair that it could never get, and I wound up going over that area with a regular blade anyway. Also, it chops up your neck if you're not careful.

I use an electric. A Braun. It's OK, but not great. I have to go over the same area several times to get it where I like it. I don't have a heavy beard, but if I did there is no way an electric shaver would work, so they're fine for me. But there is no comparison to a blade. Any blade should give a better shave.

I use electric on the upper lip hair, that area is pretty sensitive for a manual.

I use a manual on my neck.

Facial hair if I clean shave I go manual, if I just want to look a little cleaner but still want the rough look I use the back side of the electrical razor.

Works for me.

I've never had any luck with an electric shaver. I use a blade in the shower when I'm at home.

I tried the Fusion, but the Mach 3 is better, so I went back to that. But you can't beat shaving in the shower imho.

I've tried all the fancy electric razors over the years... I finally gave up permanently about 5 years ago. Someone is going to have to come out with a HELLUVA electric shaver with absolutely GLOWING reviews in order for me to go down that road again.

I have gone back and forth between blade and electric, but for the last 4 years I've used the top of the line Braun electric. I don't remember the number, 7500 or something. Anyway, it was the top of the line like 4 years ago with the self cleaning and all. But I still need to brush it out before putting it in the self cleaner.

I find good results when I use Williams "Letric Shave" pre shave lotion or gel. It really helps keep the electric from tearing up your face. If you use Keihls after shave balm, it really helps.

I personally use an electric because my neck hair grows in about 14 different directions. A blade just kills me to get close on the neck.

Get the Williams pre shave and the Kiehls (online or in Kiehls store) after shave and that's about as good as an electric will get.

I am thinking about getting an electric razor myself. I have no complaints with my gillette Mach 5 razor. One question though, shaving with an electric shaving razor would give you less ingrown hairs? Cause I really hate taking them out.

I use electric on the upper lip hair, that area is pretty sensitive for a manual.

I use a manual on my neck.

Facial hair if I clean shave I go manual, if I just want to look a little cleaner but still want the rough look I use the back side of the electrical razor.

Works for me.

That's what I do. I have an electric I use on upper lip. I have really sensitive skin. Especially in that area. Then I use Mach 3 blades for the rest. As for the guy looking at electrics. I hear the Philips Arcitec is getting good reviews. And it might come a lil cheaper than the Brauns.

Alright, ya'll got me curious... I've used an electric razor my whole life because when I started shaving at 14 I used to get wicked bad razor burn on my face from using a straight edge (I was only using water in the sink to wet my face - that could have been the issue).

Let me preface these questions because I grew up without a father so no one taught me these things:

When you shave in the shower, do you go both up and down?

Do you have to use soap or shaving cream when you shave in the shower?

Doesn't the mirror get foggy while you try to shave?

I really don't like using my electric razor because I get like 11 o'clock shadow and now am tempted to try this.

Tips and tricks are welcome!

Archived