Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electric Shaving Razor?

DaRock

I go back and forth

I've had two different electric shavers, one was much better, but it's only smooth for half the day, if that, even with the newer better one.

I use the other one just to keep my beard in check, being in college nearly constant scruff isn't frowned upon at all.

If I actually want a close shave I go with the razor, it's absolutely necessary.

I used to use the Electric Razors with the horizontal heads and they would never cut close on the neck. I went to the 3 rotating heads and they are better, but not perfect. If I just shave for the sake of shaving, I use the electric only, but if I want a real nice shave, I supplement after with a disposible to clean it up nice and smooth.

Generally I only use my Fusion power. 5 blades of fury. I also have a Mach3 I use as a pre-shave if I have some over growth since the 5 blades of the Fusion would just take forever and kill me if I tried to attack it with too much growth.

I do have an electric too, and it sucks. I'm on vacation and so when I traveled I took my electric razor instead of my mach3 or fusion. The first time I had to use that razor, it put my face on FIRE. I hate it. Oh how I wish I brought my fusion with me.

However, on occasion, I'll use the electric anyways just for convenience ( with a large dose of extra moisturizing lotion to reduce the burn).

I went out and bought a nice electric a few months ago. This week I switched back to manual.

I absolutely hate shaving. My skin doesn't like it. Electric is worse than manual though.

I bought a Fusion with 8 extra heads. I think I spent about $40 total.

Does anyone else have sensitive skin and what do you do in regards to shaving and irritated skin, especially on the neck?

I went out and bought a nice electric a few months ago. This week I switched back to manual.

I absolutely hate shaving. My skin doesn't like it. Electric is worse than manual though.

I bought a Fusion with 8 extra heads. I think I spent about $40 total.

Does anyone else have sensitive skin and what do you do in regards to shaving and irritated skin, especially on the neck?

There's this product called "Tendskin". I hear it works really great for razor burn, ingrown hairs, etc. But its very pricey.

I've used top end Braun and Norelco electric razors and as far as I'm concerned, they are all crap. I guess it really depends on how coarse your beard is. For me, after two days growth, say not shaving during the weekend, the only thing an electric razor does is yank the hairs out.

The Mach 3 is my blade of choice, it's a quick shave and cheaper than that Fusion junk. If you're looking for a really clean shave, one that the significant other will appreciate, shave twice. Gillete shaving cream for sensitive skin (with aloe) normally does the trick.

Alright, ya'll got me curious... I've used an electric razor my whole life because when I started shaving at 14 I used to get wicked bad razor burn on my face from using a straight edge (I was only using water in the sink to wet my face - that could have been the issue).

Let me preface these questions because I grew up without a father so no one taught me these things:

When you shave in the shower, do you go both up and down?

Do you have to use soap or shaving cream when you shave in the shower?

Doesn't the mirror get foggy while you try to shave?

I really don't like using my electric razor because I get like 11 o'clock shadow and now am tempted to try this.

Tips and tricks are welcome!

I shave at the sink. Wash half the face w/ hot water. Use shaving cream. I perfer the gels (Edge). Shave that half. Then repeat for the other half. No my mirror doesn't get foggy. Shave down.

I shave at the sink. Wash half the face w/ hot water. Use shaving cream. I perfer the gels (Edge). Shave that half. Then repeat for the other half. No my mirror doesn't get foggy. Shave down.

Thanks for the reply - that's what I thought.

• 6 months later...

I'll have to agree with the electric razor sucks crowd here. I received a Norelco Quadra action a few years ago and really didn't like it too much, as it misses neck hairs and in hard to reach spots too often.

I basically said screw shaving except my neck a few years ago and now just rock the beard. :D

I would love to find an electric razor that works well. My shaving routine is as follows:

Hot water/hot towel

rub in pre shave oil (truefit & hill)

mix up shave cream (taylor old bond) in a mug with badger hair brush

spread cream on face

use double edge razor w/featherblade (recently been using fusion power) downstrokes

relather

shave upstroke

cold water rinse

aftershave (geo f trumper coral)

alum block for any cuts

In short...total pain in the ass. Sometimes if Im running late I have an old panasonic electric that I use but it just doesnt cut close at all. The above cuts real close but takes forever. I would LOVE to be able to use a good electric razor in between real shaves. my facial hair is pretty thick and grows quickly.

Hot water/hot towel

spread cream on face

use double edge razor w/featherblade (recently been using fusion power) downstrokes

relather

shave upstroke

cold water rinse

alum block for any cuts

Good Lord Man! :yikes: you 1/2 yeti or something?

Hot water/hot towel

spread cream on face

relather

shave upstroke

cold water rinse

alum block for any cuts

Good Lord Man! :yikes: you 1/2 yeti or something?

:rotflmao:Exactly what I was thinking. Man that is quite a morning ritual. :laugh:

teen-wolf.jpg

da#1skinsfan - I have been shaving with a double edged razor recently as well. I don't use the mug to make the foam though. I would just rub the cream all over my face and then use the badger hair brush to create the lather. It is an awesome shave if you have the time.

I recently switched back to the Fusion though because it is just so much quicker to use in the shower, and you don't cut yourself. If you try to go quick with a double edged razor, you can get some nasty cuts, especially with a new blade.

alright here's what I do (read it in GQ a little while ago) and i had pretty sensitive skin growing up which would totally break out shaving. Clear skin now though : )

Use hot water to open up the pours in your skin

Use whatever cream/gel (i use the fusion gel)

you have to let it sit for a little while though to let it do whatever it does

shave (with a fusion) I don't really go in any particular direction I guess up-stroke but not exclusively

wash face with cold water when done to close the pours

oh and shaving is annoying as crap haha

Archived