Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electric Shaving Razor?

DaRock

I recently switched back to the Fusion though because it is just so much quicker to use in the shower, and you don't cut yourself. If you try to go quick with a double edged razor, you can get some nasty cuts, especially with a new blade.

I loved the Gillette Fusion and it gave a great shave, but damn those blades are expensive. :doh: I had to go back to the Mach3.

I loved the Gillette Fusion and it gave a great shave, but damn those blades are expensive. :doh: I had to go back to the Mach3.

Is the Mach3 really that much cheaper than the Fusion? The blades are such a ripoff in general. The thing is, I remember the Mach3 Turbo was better than the Mach3, and the Fusion is even that much better than the M3 Turbo. For someone with a really thick beard, the better blades are worth it to me.

That's the thing I liked about double edge shaving - the blades are super cheap - about 50 cents apiece. I'll keep my setup for once in awhile when I need a good shave, but my daily routine has to be the Fusion because you barely ever cut yourself.

Is the Mach3 really that much cheaper than the Fusion? The blades are such a ripoff in general. The thing is, I remember the Mach3 Turbo was better than the Mach3, and the Fusion is even that much better than the M3 Turbo. For someone with a really thick beard, the better blades are worth it to me.

Yeah I need to do a cost comparsion when I'm at Costco tomorrow, and maybe switch back to the Fusion.

blades are way cheap with the DE razor, but they vary by brand, you have to be careful. If you get used to shaving with merkur blades for example, then throw in a feather blade, you will slice yourself up terribly. all about going slow and compensating for contours in your face.

im with you though the fusion power does the trick so well, its not worth the extra time and caution necessary with the DE razor.

Archived