Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

12 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I understand conference records are the key factor but I do think the fact that the Saints beat WFT head to head should trump everything else.

And you’d be correct, as @Rdskns2000 stated that exact same thing, that if us and the saints both finish at 9-8, they get the playoff spot over us due to their win over us 

13 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Any chance the league moves our 1 PM game against Dallas on the 12th to the 4:25 timeslot, or maybe even to SNF? (Probably not SNF since we already play in Dallas on SNF the day after Christmas)? Could be really important in division standings. 

CBS has the doubleheader that week, and we're on Fox.

Chicago and Green Bay is currently the Sunday night game, if that helps at all.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

And you’d be correct, as @Rdskns2000 stated that exact same thing, that if us and the saints both finish at 9-8, they get the playoff spot over us due to their win over us 

But what I’m saying is that right now WFT is ahead of Saints both 5-6 but WFT is 5-2 vs NFC and Saints 4-3 vs NFC so their win head to head must not matter.

Dallas has been doing it's yearly swoon.  They have multiple coaches missing for the upcoming game including McCarthy, dunno could be a blessing?   Also the RT is in covid protocol.  Cooper and Lamb still out I believe as well.  So there is a real chance they drop this Thursday game.  If they do we can potentially take the division.  5 divisional games in a row is going to be a tough challenge however.

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

CBS has the doubleheader that week, and we're on Fox.

Chicago and Green Bay is currently the Sunday night game, if that helps at all.

Sure, but isnt cross-flexing a thing? A 1 PM Fox game moving to the 4:25 CBS game? (Not that it matters now since the schedule changes were made today already) 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

But what I’m saying is that right now WFT is ahead of Saints both 5-6 but WFT is 5-2 vs NFC and Saints 4-3 vs NFC so their win head to head must not matter.

Interesting. Remember there’s multiple teams at 5-6. Maybe that’s why we are 7th seed. Guess someone needs to post the tie breaking rules.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh right good catch. That’s interesting....hmm. 

We just have to finish with better conference record because if we tie then they obviously they get in due to head to head.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Interesting. Remember there’s multiple teams at 5-6. Maybe that’s why we are 7th seed. Guess someone needs to post the tie breaking rules.

I think head to head is factored in if both finish with same in conference record.

Edited by -JB-

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

It doesn't matter because more than 2 teams are tied. Head to Head only counts when all teams involved have played each other.

Atlanta beat NO, we beat Atlanta, NO beat us, therefore the tiebreaker moves to conference record.

I think we can lose at Vegas and probably one division game, finish with 9 wins and a conference record of 9-3 and we'll be tough to beat on tiebreakers.

• Like 2

The extra 17th game will benefit us, I believe.

Because we hit our stride and got hot at just the right time, maybe even a little earlier than we really needed to, to sneak into the playoffs.

So I see it as an opportunity for an extra win, or to kind of make up for a loss.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

Jeez i know the stupidest people from college 😂 i posted last night on FB “no loss November was fun, now time for Defend the East December?” And this guy i knew from school who’s a cowboys fan said “defend the East December is for us since we are in the lead” 

.....no. Defending the nfc East means defending the nfc East championship from LAST year. So he says “that’s last year not this year”

umm, no ****.....which is what it means 😂😂😂 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

The team has absolutely played well the past few games and earned the wins. However, aspects of the league itself these days makes me jaded. Calls probably do even out over time, but that roughing the passer call against Seattle during WFT's first TD drive was an absolute joke, just like one called against Chase early in the season. And when Seattle didn't properly know the rules on their onside kick attempt at the end of the game and got called for the penalty, why do they get a second chance?  Should've been WFT ball and game over right then.

14 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I didn't even think about them getting a 2nd chance. They really didn't deserve that extra chance at all, and it's kind of mind boggling how they got it. 

It's an illegal formation foul. We have the choice to have them re-kick or take the result of the play. the ruling on the field was a clean recovery by Seattle. So we either decline the penalty and take the paly, giving them the ball where it was recovered or accept the penalty and make them kick again. So we made them kick. Had we recovered, we would have declined the penalty and taken the ball where we recovered it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The extra 17th game will benefit us, I believe.

Because we hit our stride and got hot at just the right time, maybe even a little earlier than we really needed to, to sneak into the playoffs.

So I see it as an opportunity for an extra win, or to kind of make up for a loss.

Our extra game was Buffalo and we played them at their peak and took the massive L. I disagree with it being a benefit.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

It's an illegal formation foul. We have the choice to have them re-kick or take the result of the play. the ruling on the field was a clean recovery by Seattle. So we either decline the penalty and take the paly, giving them the ball where it was recovered or accept the penalty and make them kick again. So we made them kick. Had we recovered, we would have declined the penalty and taken the ball where we recovered it. 

Thanks for the explanation. I seem to recall in the past there would be occasions when the ball would go out of bounds on onside kicks and somehow the kicking team would get another chance at it. I never thought that was right.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Our extra game was Buffalo and we played them at their peak and took the massive L. I disagree with it being a benefit.

In a technical way, but not the perception which has the most impact.

We started getting hot before the midpoint of the season, which is actually earlier than our "late surges" in the past.

The fact we got hot earlier in the latter part of the season, (as long as we can maintain it), bodes well especially with an extra game, since our "surge" covers a larger volume of games.

So the impact I was referring to was, we will have a longer calendar list of games to play while we're "hot"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository