Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington as a Defensive End Please

Reaganaut

It is possible to give the guy a contract with incentives. I don't know how it could be stuctured, but it couldn't hurt. Like it was said at the beginning of this post, we don't have any pressure and overpursuit is better than none at all. I think that he could be a good 3rd down situation player. Who knows? Smoot came home, so why not LA? I never was mad at him for leaving. If he went to Dallas, I can tell yout that I would have burned every jersey that I owned of his.

As one of the bigger LaVar fans.......booster......apologist........uh...perhaps sycophant :) on this board even I will say that all I want to have happen is for LaVar to sign a one day deal and retire officially as a Redskin.

I don't think he's physically able to play any more but even if he is, I just don't think he can be the same player he once was. Also, as for the suggestion of defensive end, even in his prime and at his best LaVar wasn't the greatest pass rusher you'll ever see. His greatness was in finding the ball, zeroing in and delivering the hit. LaVar was great in space, the last place you'd want him is with an OT getting their hands on him.

LaVar will always be a Redskin to me, I just hope Snyder and the Skins make it official at some point and let him retire as one.

Lavar is the most talented linebacker I have ever seen. That being said I don't think he has the athleticism anymore, but hey its worth a shot for a small contract.

Umm..Lawernce Taylor,Mike Singleterry,Dick Butkus you may want to pull up some game film on these cats.

Um, no. They tried him as a situational d-end before and he was terrible at it. He would try to bull-rush a tackle and get pushed back easily. It was pathetic.

And that was when he was healthy.

Umm, didn't Marvin Lewis put LaVar up on the d-line in 2002? And didn't LaVar have 11 sacks that season? LaVar went to the Probowl that season, along with Champ Bailey if I'm not mistaken.

Hooper is 100% correct. Spotlight was horrible at DE. Dude couldn't get off a block to save his life. I remember most of those 11 sacks being coverage sacks. Seem to remember two or three where the QB slipped trying to avoid someone else and Spotlight was the first to touch them down. He could beat most RB's trying to block him, but any average linemen would shut him down. And, like Hooper said, that was when he was healthy.

Personally, I wish he'd move back to Pennsylvania, and stay there. And, that starting LaVaaaaaaaaaaaaaar threads would be grounds for getting banned from ES. :2cents:

Lavar has won me back as a fan and I would have to believe he sincerely won back his love on the team. He won't replace anyone on the linebacker squad of the Skins, but how about bringing him back for a million dollar contract one year as a defensive end.
I am not going to tell you what a half baked idea this is but I will tell you that Lavar is through playing football at the professional level and his affiliation with the Redskins has ended.

Kellen Wislow did a lot more potential damage to his knees in his accident. From what I remember Lavar was mostly breakage and cuts.

For vet min, I dont know why we couldnt give the guy at least a shot.

If you dont ask him to cover or play in a scheme and bring him in to do what Wilson is doing right now I dont see the problem.

Just make sure he has got it in the tank.

Kellen Wislow did a lot more potential damage to his knees in his accident. From what I remember Lavar was mostly breakage and cuts.

For vet min, I dont know why we couldnt give the guy at least a shot.

If you dont ask him to cover or play in a scheme and bring him in to do what Wilson is doing right now I dont see the problem.

Just make sure he has got it in the tank.

LA's knee was a wreck when he left here then he tore his achilles with the GMen and had the wreck before he could rehab the achilles. I love the guy but he is done.

:helmet:

I always liked Lavar; I was never mad at him.

However' date=' he walks like Red Foxx right now.[/quote']

HA! That's awesome...too bad though. I definitely wouldn't mind having him back. It's a shame he's all banged up and out of shape. He looks like he wants back into this organization again and I'd be all about getting him back on that defensive line....as a backup.:logo:

Typical of Redskins fans. Just like the front office and Gibbs, everyone looks to the past for glory. Arrington is not good anymore, Beathard is gone and Riggo has retired. I'm getting tired of everyone living in the past. That's why we're 5-7. Our FO is antiquated, the coaches have an antiquated scheme and we're all wanting the glory days of the Hogs, Smurfs and Fun Bunch.

We need a smart GM. A 40 something head coach who knows 2007 X's and O's. We need to build throught the draft and add in Free Agency. Stop going for the star players (Arrington, Fitzgerald) and start picking up solid 2nd tier players (Fletcher, Bryant Johnson).

Man, we gotta get this franchise out of the damn 80's. OK, we won 3 SB's. Big deal. How about we get a real modern offense that can score more than 15 points a game? How about we draft solid players and keep the picks?

Stop living in the past people and STOP with these effin Arrington threads. They seem to pop up every 6 months.

Archived