Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington as a Defensive End Please

Reaganaut

This the conversation that should have been taking place when he was still here riding the pine. If he didn't want to play disciplined LB, then turn him loose as a pash rusher......he proved when Marty was here that he could do it..........however the arrogance of the coaching staff wouldn't let it happen.

At the end of the day however there is really no chance he's coming back, let alone here.

He was in a motorcycle accident not a car accident. It was pretty bad. Search LaVar Arrington on www.wikipedia.org and and the bottom of the page they have some good links, one of which is an interview from back in September of this year. He is/has apparently opening/opened a restaurant near Fed EX Field called "Sidelines" I believe.

He seems to be a lot bigger at the funeral than he was in the pictures when he got out of the hospital. He look sickly then.

I never had any issues with LA other than he was lead around by the nose by the idiot Postons. I don't think he's capable of playing anymore though. Has anyone really heard what his future is in regards to being able to play?

what this team needs now is some sort of emotional boost. And by now I mean next season more likely. While many of our players do play with passion, many don't seem to and just enjoy their paycheck. Win or lose, Taylor always gave it his best.

Guys I see on defense who do the same:

Marcus, but since his falling play and injuries are getting worse, it doesn't seem this way and I'm not sure we'll ever have 2004-2005 Marcus again.

Umm... London and ROcky Mac I guess. Rocky Mac may end up being a guy we build this defense around, but not right now.

Maybe Landry, but like Rocky, too young.

I'm not saying these guys don't play hard, it's just that there is nothing that tends to stand out about them overall. Some of the best defenses had players that just stood out. The Ravens with Reed and Lewis, the Steelers with their LB's, the Jaguars with their DT's, the Giants with their DE's, I mean, even lesser defenses have guys that just stand out.

We lost our big one. WHat is the best way to provide that emotional boost, bring back the guy that was dubbed Darrell Green's successor in terms of leadership and passion. Lavar is that guy. I'm nto saying pencil him in to start and give him money. What I'd like to see is that we give him a chance to become a reserve LB next season. Hopefully he can be in shape by then. If he can return to form, he could be useful.

Yeah, because some of us now like Lavar Arrington for his comments at the funeral...means of course we should sign him right back up!! :rolleyes:

Arrington is done....let's just move on shall we?

Yet another authority on LaVar's physical condition and the future. :doh:

How do any of us even know if LaVar even wants to play for us again? How do we even know if he wants to play football again? How do so many of you know so damn much? Sheesh.

I want Arrington back if he's able, but not at D-End. Him at D-End was the biggest misconception in his years here. HE wasn't great coming off the edge. He was better when we shot him up the gut in a linebacker blitz. Most importantly was how effective he was v. the Run. That's his strength....

Um, no. They tried him as a situational d-end before and he was terrible at it. He would try to bull-rush a tackle and get pushed back easily. It was pathetic.

And that was when he was healthy.

Umm, didn't Marvin Lewis put LaVar up on the d-line in 2002? And didn't LaVar have 11 sacks that season? LaVar went to the Probowl that season, along with Champ Bailey if I'm not mistaken.

I watched a news report on Arrington and he opened a restaurant VERY close to the stadium. He had lost a lot of muscle. He did not have much nice to say about Gibbs or Snyder. I'd love to see a comeback though! He seemed to be content knowing he would not play again.

If you are reading this Lavar, put on the burgundy and gold again!!

Lavar has won me back as a fan and I would have to believe he sincerely won back his love on the team. He won't replace anyone on the linebacker squad of the Skins, but how about bringing him back for a million dollar contract one year as a defensive end. He is a mauler who is undiciplined in the Williams scheme, but he can rush the passer and stop the run like a banshee.

We need him back on this team to fill the void left by Taylor and give us some closure on his career leaving Washington. We brought back Smooty, let's bring back Lavar and let him play a position where he can make a difference for us.

I hate saying replace but Arrington has crazy speed, what about at safety? He has most likely slimmed down quite a bit. He won me back as well, I'll forgive the playbook thing he pulled after going to the Giants.

I hate saying replace but Arrington has crazy speed, what about at safety? He has most likely slimmed down quite a bit. He won me back as well, I'll forgive the playbook thing he pulled after going to the Giants.

He HAD crazy speed. Also, just because he slimmed down doesn't mean he can now play safety. Considering how fast safeties have to be, and considering how Lavar was never "fast safety" fast, he definitely cannot play. Think of why Lemar Marshall and Bryan Urlacher are LB's instead of safeties, the position they played in college. Some LB's and safeties do switch, yes, but usually it's due to a different reason.

Lavar has never played the safety position I believe. He's played more DE if anything. Size alone is not what makes a position.

I love LaVar. He's a great guy and I loved his speech. Had me bawlin.

But this is a business. The guy makes a good speech and suddenly the Redskins should sign him to be their 5th LB? That's right, I said 5th, because HB Blades can do more than LaVar right now.

And Blades needs to get some reps next year.

If LaVar wants to come for vet minimum, though, or a little over, I wouldn’t mind it, but he’s pretty much done. He was done before the motorcycle incident. People actually think he won’t be the same non-existent player he was with the Giants AFTER the motorcycle accident? Please.

I think he should pursue a career in broadcasting. Would like to see him replace Huff as the goofy-funny color guy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm sorry, but please tell me this is a joke. LaVar at safety next year? LMAO!!!!!

Archived