Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snow on the way!! 1-2 possibly 3 inches for Wednesday!

Ji

1Weve been talking now for weeks about how the end of november and begining of December could be a very cold and stormy pattern for us. There is a very good chance by this time next week, we could be seeing snow and or ice falling in this area.

Unusually cold air from Canada will be coming down while a storm brews in the southern plain. That combination will likely start us off as snow..change to ice and end as rain depending on how strong the high pressure system is over Canada and how quickly it moves off. Lots of questions here but it does appear that we have our first legit threat for wintry weather early next week.

Here is a snapshot from this morning's gfs run. If this were to happen, it would be a shocker for alot of Washingtonians. My personal guess is that we start off as snow and changeover but lots of time to track this

gfs_pcp_174m.gif

I don't think the cold from Canada will drop us below freezing. If anything, we could see sleet, or maybe snow that melts on contact. It will be a rain event most of the time, possibly ending with some lame freezing rain/sleet/snow. The daytime temps will melt anything quickly, if there is anything.

And "unusually" cold air from Canada? When is cold unusual in Canada? This will be December we're talking about. It's snowed here in October before.

I don't think the cold from Canada will drop us below freezing. If anything, we could see sleet, or maybe snow that melts on contact. It will be a rain event most of the time, possibly ending with some lame freezing rain/sleet/snow. The daytime temps will melt anything quickly, if there is anything.

And "unusually" cold air from Canada? When is cold unusual in Canada? This will be December we're talking about. It's snowed here in October before.

the cold air pouring out from Canada is well below normal for this time of the year. Sure its cold all the time but these temps are going to be brutal up there. I think if anything...it would start frozen and end liquid. Still alot of time but this one loooks very interesting

There will probably be more than one chance of snow starting next week. Could snow the morning of the Bills game before changing over to rain, then changing over again back to snow.

Then again by the Bears game! Though that may come a day or two later...

Would be fun to have two snow games like that though.

Quoted for Truth. :laugh:

Where does JP stand on this one....I roll with him. :cool:

Also, don't forget to bring in firewood if you have a woodstove or fireplace.

Make sure that you have lots of canned goods and non perishables in the event that this storm knocks out power to the East Coast.

Make sure that you have your shovels out. If you don't have a shovel, make sure you run to your local hardware store and get one (I'll be stopping by Home Depot on my way home). Salt. Get lots of salt. You might want to spread it on your walkways today or tomorrow to prepare for the storm.

As mentioned earlier, make sure that you have ample stock of toilet paper, eggs, milk and bread. Toilet Paper - the essential. Heaven forbid it snows so much that you run out of TP and have to use your hand to wipe when you use the bathroom.

Oh geez ... that brings up something else. Pipes. Make sure that your pipes are insulated and that they won't freeze. It would be horrible if you run out of TP and have to use your hand to wipe, and then you go to wash your hands and realize that your pipes are frozen and you have to walk around with poo on your hands.

Make sure that you have lots of canned goods and non perishables in the event that this storm knocks out power to the East Coast.

... and for those who stocked up in September 2003 (Isabel) and December 1999 (Y2K bug), have you run out already? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh geez ... that brings up something else. Pipes. Make sure that your pipes are insulated and that they won't freeze. It would be horrible if you run out of TP and have to use your hand to wipe, and then you go to wash your hands and realize that your pipes are frozen and you have to walk around with poo on your hands.

Even worse: it'll remain in the bowls. :doh:

Candace: you crack me up!! Keep 'em coming !! :cheers:

There will probably be more than one chance of snow starting next week. Could snow the morning of the Bills game before changing over to rain, then changing over again back to snow. Then again by the Bears game! Though that may come a day or two later...

Would be fun to have two snow games like that though.

It would have been even better had our opponents been warm weather teams like Arizona and Miami, as opposed to teams who play in this kind of stuff all that time. Cest la vie ...

Nonetheless, I do agree that it would be fun to have a pair of snow games.

cheers

Weve been talking now for weeks about how the end of november and begining of December could be a very cold and stormy pattern for us. There is a very good chance by this time next week, we could be seeing snow and or ice falling in this area.

Unusually cold air from Canada will be coming down while a storm brews in the southern plain. That combination will likely start us off as snow..change to ice and end as rain depending on how strong the high pressure system is over Canada and how quickly it moves off. Lots of questions here but it does appear that we have our first legit threat for wintry weather early next week.

Here is a snapshot from this morning's gfs run. If this were to happen, it would be a shocker for alot of Washingtonians. My personal guess is that we start off as snow and changeover but lots of time to track this

gfs_pcp_174m.gif

this looks like someone spilled guacamole on a navigational chart

Ok then JI lets put you the spot predictions on what you think we will get then we will get Johnny to do the same and then see who is right.

Let the weathermen rumble begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we will be keeping track on who is right or wrong this year.

Weve been talking now for weeks about how the end of november and begining of December could be a very cold and stormy pattern for us. There is a very good chance by this time next week, we could be seeing snow and or ice falling in this area.

gfs_pcp_174m.gif

Hmm.....Looks like it extends all the way down to the Southern Appalachians in NE Georgia! Wow,thanks for the warning...I better go out and butcher a beef critter or hog!

Archived