Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snow on the way!! 1-2 possibly 3 inches for Wednesday!

Ji

That just seems to be the story here in SW Virginia every year now.

I know....and it is a damn shame. I moved to the mountains from NOVA expecting more snow! Now year after year, I see it snowing up that way and either raining or icing down here.

I'd much rather have snow than ice....almost busted my ass going to get the paper this morning!

We're in a winter weather advisory...

I'm here downtown right now and it just switched back to sleet after raining a bit. I imagine it's sleeting or freezing rain in a lot of the 'burbs right now as well....

good call dude!

The big storm potential is still there around the 17th from the sources I've looked at. Ji, you agree?

Now, I'm saying POTENTIAL so don't bombard me.

They said NAO is forecasted to go negative which means the east coast should be watched for development.

Yeah...it's sad, this is becoming the first thread I look for when I open up the site...lol...

I'm beginning to put stock in this thread since the last forecast was pretty right on...My parents are probably leaving town (Delaware) right after christmas, and they have their 36' RV parked in a valley at a friends house. If there's more than 2" of snow the ground, they can't back the beast up the hill. I told them about this post, and they asked that I keep them informed.

thank you guys for the updates...

HTST

HTTR

Ji, I've been seeing in some places, that the GFS shows a big coastal storm on around the 17th? Do you agree?

its scary that we started talking about the storm coming up back on Dec 5. Long range modeling has really improved lol

I guess this is the general weather thread....

Heads up to those to the north and west.

Could see a little bit of ice tomorrow morning.

This will be a cold rain event for everyone else (in the DC area)

Elsewhere, this will be a pretty big event for many places in the Northeast.

Guest ComebackKing

Man people north are gonna get socked twice in 3 days. Most of northern New Jersey is under a heavy snow warning for tomorrow, 6-10 inches, then more huge stuff on Sunday/Sunday Night during the Skins game.

And all we get is a load of cold rain, yay.....

Archived