Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snow on the way!! 1-2 possibly 3 inches for Wednesday!

Ji

we once had school canceled because it THREATENED to snow.:laugh:

I swear, you Americans have it so good.

I just had to wait half an hour outside in the snow for the bus (late as usual) and almost got run over a 3 times by cars sliding down the road. My usual 30 minute ride has turned into 1h20 mins.

I remember having a class with candles all over the room because we had lost power. :doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_cavalierman

It will be interesting to see how 1 inch shuts the city down.

Compared to Oswego NY were they are measuring the lake effect snow by the foot.

This area is comical...

The way poeple drive around here during good wether is bad enough...its disaster time when they hit the road in snow. The morons can't adjust...they think they can drive just as fast with snow on the ground. Add to that talking on the cell, reading the paper, and putting on make-up and well...you've seen it. :rolleyes: :doh:

www.capitalweather.com for the real story ...

"This will not be a uniform event. Areas north and west of town will see colder temperatures and higher accumulation, while DC and south and east may only see light accumulation on car tops and grass. Either way it looks like a minor early season nuisance snow. Some reports of 2-4" are possible, but most of us will see a coating up to 1-2"."

www.capitalweather.com for the real story ...

"This will not be a uniform event. Areas north and west of town will see colder temperatures and higher accumulation, while DC and south and east may only see light accumulation on car tops and grass. Either way it looks like a minor early season nuisance snow. Some reports of 2-4" are possible, but most of us will see a coating up to 1-2"."

Isn't that what Ji saying?

I swear, you Americans have it so good.

I just had to wait half an hour outside in the snow for the bus (late as usual) and almost got run over a 3 times by cars sliding down the road. My usual 30 minute ride has turned into 1h20 mins.

I remember having a class with candles all over the room because we had lost power. :doh:

It's not an "American" thing. Go up to Cleveland and they won't cancel school for a foot of snow.

Which version? ;)

As a rule I tend not to read what other people have written before I post. Otherwise it might be in context. :)

Your "real story" was a repeat of what Ji said. He was right so far but anything can happen.

Remember that Sunday last year when we were supposed to get "freezing rain" and we got about 4 inches of snow.

snow advisory for the DC area issued by the NWS....everyone is starting to agree with my original forecast

Would that be the one you initially canceled, or the one 2 days later when everybody and their brother were predicting the same thing? No takebacks dude.

Just giving you a hard time, Ji. :cheers:

inmaSIRNE.gif

I guess we wait and see if the huge big bad Appalachian mountains tear it up :laugh:

I admit that it looks a bit more impressive than previously thought.

It seems to be making more of a SE trend direction wise. That could actually benefit my area (Roanoke, VA).

We shall see.

Archived