Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr.Z voting for Monk (Merged)

apeters

The only reason, ONLY reason, Dr Z will vote for Art to get inducted is because he wants Cris Carter in the Hall, and all the arguments he has made over the years against Art apply to Cris (and he has ZERO rings). If he holds Art Monk out of the hall, he can not justify voting for receivers who can't stack up to Art. That means no Andre Reed, no Cris Carter, invalidates his vote for Irvin, and it makes a mockery of the two Steelers in the Hall: Swann and Stallworth. Dr Z is not voting for Art because he has been swayed. He is voting for Monk for the same reason King is: to justify the votes they want to cast for other receivers.

The only reason, ONLY reason, Dr Z will vote for Art to get inducted is because he wants Cris Carter in the Hall, and all the arguments he has made over the years against Art apply to Cris (and he has ZERO rings). If he holds Art Monk out of the hall, he can not justify voting for receivers who can't stack up to Art. That means no Andre Reed, no Cris Carter, invalidates his vote for Irvin, and it makes a mockery of the two Steelers in the Hall: Swann and Stallworth. Dr Z is not voting for Art because he has been swayed. He is voting for Monk for the same reason King is: to justify the votes they want to cast for other receivers.

Exactly. **** Dr. Z.

Its also painfully obvious that he was holding Monk out only until he could get Carl Banks in as well. If one of "his guys," didn't get in, he was gonna make sure no one else beat him to the punch. What an A-hole.

Oh, and now he starts lobbying for Mark Bavaro? Bavaro was a very nice player, a good tight end who contributed a lot to SB winning teams, but he has no place in the Hall of Fame... maybe they can make a wing for overrated Giants players that Dr. Z lobbies for.

you are probably right, but as long as Monk gets his due then i'm good. Monk should've been in a long time ago, but as long as he gets in is what matters. Hopefully i will be alive to see it.

Ding ding ding ding!!!

Oh, and now he starts lobbying for Mark Bavaro? Bavaro was a very nice player, a good tight end who contributed a lot to SB winning teams, but he has no place in the Hall of Fame... maybe they can make a wing for overrated Giants players that Dr. Z lobbies for.
Where is the mention of Clint Didier? Why is he not mentioned with Bravaro? I mean, are you going to lobby for Joe Morris next?

If he sticks with Monk THROUGHOUT the voting process, I don't care how he came to his decision. The important thing is that Monk gets in.

Again, though, the article gives faint praise to Monk, and lists three other WRs. I hope Z supports him throughout the process.

I don't read SI and I won't give their link a hit. What does the article say? Is he simply not bashing Monk this time and calling that praise, or does he actually say something downright positive?

Here it is

I'm going heavy on the wideouts this year, for some reason. I've always been a fan of the gigantic Harold Carmichael. Cris Carter's numbers are overpowering. I don't see how they can keep him out. Andre Reed has a rough time in the balloting, usually because the competition is so stiff at this position, but I've always been in his corner and I'll continue to be. And now we come to Art Monk.

I'm tired of being a negative. I'm tired of all the impassioned letters asking me what did he ever do to me. I've been thinking long and hard about this. OK, he caught a lot of short passes but he also bought a lot of first downs, and he was a terrific team guy, well-respected and a pleasure from whom to borrow money. Why must I continue to pound a shoe on the table?

"Because the heel is falling off," says The Flaming Redhead. Hey, can't you see this is serious? What's the matter with you?

Where was I? Oh yeah, Art Monk. OK. He's got my vote. D.C. e-mailers can mail their contributions to me, care of the office........

KingGibbs looks at the calendar....Nope, it's not April 1st.

All I can say is it's about time jackass. What's the difference between this year and the previous years? There is none. He should've been a first ballot inductee. He set the standard for wr's before Rice came along.

Archived