Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dr.Z voting for Monk (Merged)

apeters

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/11/07/hof/index.html

I'm going heavy on the wideouts this year, for some reason. I've always been a fan of the gigantic Harold Carmichael. Cris Carter's numbers are overpowering. I don't see how they can keep him out. Andre Reed has a rough time in the balloting, usually because the competition is so stiff at this position, but I've always been in his corner and I'll continue to be. And now we come to Art Monk.

I'm tired of being a negative. I'm tired of all the impassioned letters asking me what did he ever do to me. I've been thinking long and hard about this. OK, he caught a lot of short passes but he also bought a lot of first downs, and he was a terrific team guy, well-respected and a pleasure from whom to borrow money. Why must I continue to pound a shoe on the table?

"Because the heel is falling off," says The Flaming Redhead. Hey, can't you see this is serious? What's the matter with you?

Where was I? Oh yeah, Art Monk. OK. He's got my vote. D.C. e-mailers can mail their contributions to me, care of the office.

THIS entire text shows how silly it is that writers decide who is in the hall of fame.

Archived