Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tecmo Bo and other video game greats

Spaceman Spiff

Listening to Simmons podcast yesterday http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?context=podcast&id=2969059# and it made me wonder who your all time video game all stars were from across the board...

For me, obviously it was Tecmo Bowl 2 Bo Jackson. No explanation necessary.

I remember being able to hit 3's from anywhere on the court in NBA live 95 with Rex Chapman.

I also think Barry Sanders was unstoppable for me in Madden 96 on the Genesis.

Raffy Palmeiro was a god in World Series '94 on the Genesis too.

On the last two Madden's, Vick has been amazing too. No one open? Just pull it down and take off. Guaranteed a first down almost every time.

So who you got?

Sweet thread.

I liked the Bears in Tecmo Bowl. Both Walter Payton and Neal Anderson were unstoppable, and Mike Singletary was RI-DIC-U-LOUS. Occasionally Richard Dent would beat me to the QB when I was controlling Singletary, which made the Bears even better.

On the original "Hardball!" for PC, Tommy Euler was unhittable, and Jim Morlini made Dennis Eckersley look like a girls' slow-pitch softball player.

It's too bad the little box guys on Atari 2600 football didn't have names. I broke all kinds of records with them and they never got credit for it. :laugh:

This probably could use a move to the Tailgate, no?

Tecmo Bowl 2 = Tecmo Super Bowl

You've neglected the defensive greats... obviously LT is the bomb, but a lot of the players still going now swear by David Fulcher and Ronnie Lott...

Michael Jordan was unstoppable in Bulls vs. Lakers... get to where you pull off his move, and it never missed.

Steve Yzerman in NHLPA '93 (yes, precedes the great NHL'94 by a year... so what). Mario Lemiuex also a similar player... Jeremy Roenick as well. One of my buds and I always had epic battles in that one.... Pavel Bure and Trevor Lindon also were good...

I can't recall anyone from the NBA Live games... maybe Jordan when you could create him again... from 2k1 Andre Miller and Tim Duncan were my unstoppable team...

For most games there are similar players you can sort've cheese with if you get the timing down. But no one beats Bo Jackson...

Sweet thread.

I liked the Bears in Tecmo Bowl. Both Walter Payton and Neal Anderson were unstoppable, and Mike Singletary was RI-DIC-U-LOUS. Occasionally Richard Dent would beat me to the QB when I was controlling Singletary, which made the Bears even better.

On the original "Hardball!" for PC, Tommy Euler was unhittable, and Jim Morlini made Dennis Eckersley look like a girls' slow-pitch softball player.

It's too bad the little box guys on Atari 2600 football didn't have names. I broke all kinds of records with them and they never got credit for it. :laugh:

ooooo, good call HH.

I forgot about Bases Loaded 2. For NY, Stamer and Ayoub were my money pitchers. Taksen was good too. Their lineup was full of studs Albin, Palmer and Porter were studs. I'd go deep with Albin every game.

I still fire up Bases Loaded 2 every so often on the emulator I have on my computer. :cheers:

Madden 94 for Sega Genesis - I would get like 500 yards rushing per game with the Steelers and Barry Foster. :laugh:

You could also block field goals, XPs and punts with Darrell Green every time, because he was so fast.

Randall Cunningham was totally nasty in that game also.

ooooo, good call HH.

I forgot about Bases Loaded 2. For NY, Stamer and Ayoub were my money pitchers. Taksen was good too. Their lineup was full of studs Albin, Palmer and Porter were studs. I'd go deep with Albin every game.

I still fire up Bases Loaded 2 every so often on the emulator I have on my computer. :cheers:

LMAO.... that was my team too. I was awesome at that game... Ayoub was my favorite pitcher :) Completely forgot about that game.

pat white and steve slaton in ncaa 08. anyone want to step?

I just found out about how awesome those two in a game I played over the weekend. My buddy, who is a normally a really good player, was down by 38 by the end of the first half. He didn't have an answer for either of them.

As for the rest of my list:

Dell Curry on Live 96

Bo on tecmo bowl

Any nose tackle on Tecmo Super Bowl

Trung Candidate (on artificial turf) on Madden 2003 or whenever he played in the Fun and Gun for the Skins.

Rock Cartright on NFL 2k3. They gave the man a 92 Speed rating.

LB #51(Lavar Arrington) and Darrell Green on Madden up until 2004.

How in the world can you have a thread on Video game superstars, and not mention Cap Boso? The UNSTOPPABLE Cap Boso for the Bears??? Forget Payton, there was a play in the original Tecmo Bowl that would allow Cap Boso to catch the ball 100% of the time, even when you called the play on defense to stop it! Personally, I think a relative worked as a programmer to forever make him a god in the pantheon of video game sports legends.

I will vote for MLB baseball 94 the toronto bluejays and seattle mariners. The bluejays had 2 of the fastest men in the game on their team in Roberto Alomar and Ricky Henderson and the slowest but always got a hit John Olerud(sp?). Seattle had Griffy and Edgar martinez and Jay Buhner and they were money as well. Those 2 teams kicked butt in that game.

Archived