Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making A Righteous Thread--Your Official "NNT" InfoCenter

Jumbo

Note to self. The guy that's barely been here 2 months doesn't the long running community in jokes. Nor the Hogan's Heros picture references to underscore said jokes.

Actually I never complained about the photos. I complained about the use of the word Nazi. I had no idea that it's an ongoing joke here to say Nazi-Mod. The fact that it's an ongoing joke doesn't necessarily make it right, though. Is Darfur also a joke to you? I don't think attempted genocide is funny, and I can't see slamming me for pointing out that the term Nazi is offensive to some people.

Hey guys, please forgive my naivete, but is there any way to obtain a list of mods and/or staff members so I know who not to offend in the future? No sarcasm intended.

Not to be a smart alec, but maybe its best not to offend anyone?

:2cents:

Besides, it's springtime for Germany. Edelweiss anyone?

120px-Leontopodium_alpinum_detail.jpg

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Every morning you greet me

Small and white, clean and bright

You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow

Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Bless my homeland forever

Actually I never complained about the photos. I complained about the use of the word Nazi. I had no idea that it's an ongoing joke here to say Nazi-Mod. The fact that it's an ongoing joke doesn't necessarily make it right, though. Is Darfur also a joke to you? I don't think attempted genocide is funny, and I can't see slamming me for pointing out that the term Nazi is offensive to some people.

It probably is if used in the type of way that refers to that particular party and/or its members. However, the term has become a bit of a slang term in the modern era,(an episode of Seinfeld comes to mind), and it's in that way the term is being used in the above posts.

I know!

Let's do away with the name REDSKINS too since it's offensive to at least five people.

It probably is if used in the type of way that refers to that particular party and/or its members. However, the term has become a bit of a slang term in the modern era,(an episode of Seinfeld comes to mind), and it's in that way the term is being used in the above posts.

Good point. I hadn't thought about it this way. Thank you for framing your comments so respectfully. It's nice to know at least one mod. on this board communicates with posters without trying to put down people.

I know!

Let's do away with the name REDSKINS too since it's offensive to at least five people.

You ignored my PM, so I'll ask you publicly. As a mod., why are you treating a poster in such a demeaning way? Several of your posts to me in this thread have been very condescending. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think mods are expected to treat posters decently.

Guys, on a lot of threads we're still getting poorly though out titles. Please read rule #8, take it to heart, think about it, and note the M.E.T's (though we don't correct them all) when you see them--it means those people didn't do it right. We really don't want to have to keep adding to NNT but that reluctance is all for your benefit because it makes our job easier if we do, but it cuts down on one of your best participation options.

So really read and think about rule #8.

sorry cracked a joke before i could edit got axed 2 years not so much as a single warning agianst me eh that be the breaks i guess.

Again, in English please, and use a PM. Better, I can tell just from experience, that if you would carefully read the entire first page of this thread you vould answer all your concerns and learn what to do (hopefully). If not, PM me.

edit---ahhh, I just saw what you did. Yes, I didn't do it but plan on being in NNT for awhile :laugh: You should still follow the other instructions I gave you above, too.

I read the entire first post but you offered no real conclusions or ideas on how to correct it.

Hence the post above.

Actually, yes he did. Right there in a link. Pretty simple actually. And judging by the first page or 2, seems like things are going okay for threads, so no "state" run threads necessary.

I read the entire first post but you offered no real conclusions ior deas on how to correct it.

Hence the post above.

Speaking of reading comprehension...(you can't make this stuff up)...the first PAGE, not just the first post ;):D

I have a feeing your still going to have problems :silly: (j/k)--BUT, if that is the case, try reading first, then PM me, and allow for a little time. :)

And NNT has helped us manage the problem quite a bit, there is a low recidivism rate :) We would NEVER do a "state run" thread policy as you described.

21 would have everything be about Star Wars.

I just realized yesterday that I was given the NNT. It probably happened over a week ago. I am on top of things.

If it was for the Norv thread...I probably should have posted that in ATN. My logic was that since we had a few Norv threads already in The Stadium, he was a permissable topic. If that was not the case, I'm sorry. It's never been completely clear to me where discussions on ex-Skins go.

If it was due to the "Our rapists have been raped" line...well....I didn't write it.

Archived