Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making A Righteous Thread--Your Official "NNT" InfoCenter

Jumbo

Wait.. This is over a picture that is no bigger then the wall of texts people write with no punctuation?

I was put on the NNT my first day here because of a Gano thread I made and a MOD didn't agree with me, and could really care less.. After each game of the season everyone else usually makes a totally dumb dumb worthy thread that I can post in about everything wrong/right about the team.

Wait.. This is over a picture that is no bigger then the wall of texts people write with no punctuation?

I was put on the NNT my first day here because of a Gano thread I made and a MOD didn't agree with me, and could really care less.. After each game of the season everyone else usually makes a totally dumb dumb worthy thread that I can post in about everything wrong/right about the team.

That's not why you got an NNT, and claiming it was is also a rule 18 violation.

AND, not even going by your other user notes from two other mods, I am done with babying the self-immolating and perpetually clueless.

If this becomes a "suicide by mod" thread, that's fine AND dandy (for you George:))

Buh bye.

If nothing else, it provides comedic value for the rest of us during a time of the season we all could use it. :) On a serious note, however, those of us in the know massively appreciate the work you guys do as VOLUNTEERS. Best team site in the NFL. Hands down.
:cheers:

P.S. Where were you Sunday??? lol

:ols:

This is like an exclamation point to my last post. Sheesh.

Every graphic (photo, sig, whatever) is made up of pixels. And each pixel takes time to display. This is much more demanding on your device than a page of text. Therefore, the load time of any particular page on this site is relative to the number of pixels your device has to draw. It's not just that your device is downloading them, but your device has to display them too, and if it has to display twice as many (as in a sig twice as big), it will take twice as long.

Multiply this by the fact that these sigs are all over the place, on every page that a member posts in.

If you haven't noticed the time involved in displaying pixels, then you can thank the speed of your device, but you can also thank rule 15. Because I promise you, if this site was one of anarchy, you'd notice.

On the other hand, if you don't believe it matters, there's also the principle of the matter. The rule (and the set of rules as a whole) is not asking for an opinion. It's declaring what is required for membership. One may accept this or one may move on.

Thank you TK, Braveonthewarpath93, s0crates, brotherz & especially you enter apotheosis for your responses.

You're right brotherz. I should have PM the mod I had an issue with. However, I didn't know that was possible until now & I wouldn't have learned any of this just reading & not getting involved posting on the forum. I can see how this could be considered disrespectful, but my intention was to simply get some clarification on how things work. Which was the purpose of my original post on this thread which no one has responded to directly.

No sweat. We have all been newbies here. Welcome to the board and all kidding aside if you don't feel like asking a mod, by all means shoot me a pm and I will try to help you.

Edit: Didn't see that you continued to ignore all of our advice. Best of luck to you.

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 06:48 AM ----------

Per your advice, it's great advice and you were heard in your PM---time has not allowed for a reply, and you indicated you didn't need one, but it was well-done. And there was a reason, of course, for the action, but you're entitled to disagree the way you chose to do it, and expressed yourself well and you're all good. :)

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

Thanks Jumbo. No reply was necessary bud and I really do appreciate you letting me express myself on it. Glad to be back in good graces.

Archived