Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making A Righteous Thread--Your Official "NNT" InfoCenter

Jumbo

Oh I know it wasnt you Jumbo, it was TK. It was just my way of sharing my belief that NNTs are not discipline but rather tools for control. Otherwise it would be total chaos up in here. I thought my joke was funny, but if everyone did it this board would be incomprehendable. I know that deep down TK thought it was funny too!

---------- Post added July-31st-2011 at 04:53 PM ----------

oh wow, just noticed Im not NNTed anymore. Thanks MODS

When you start a thread with "At the risk of being NNT'd".....You're pretty much begging for it. Deep down you thought it was funny too. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Come of folks. Ligthen up a bit!

For the most part, most forum members do tend to abide by the rules. At times, unfortunately, despite best of intentions mistakes happen. I know I have initiated a couple of new threads that were considered duplicates, and get sanctioned for it,

The irony is that there are folks who blatantly violate set rules, but get a free pass. Guess, in DC favoritism and neopotism is alive and well!

Cheers mate!

You bumped a very timely thread that can help a lot of people. Good. But it seems that it was bumped as a veiled excuse to vent at the end there. Those types of comments aren't appreciated by the mods, from what I've seen. Not good.

Come of folks. Ligthen up a bit!

For the most part, most forum members do tend to abide by the rules. At times, unfortunately, despite best of intentions mistakes happen. I know I have initiated a couple of new threads that were considered duplicates, and get sanctioned for it,

The irony is that there are folks who blatantly violate set rules, but get a free pass. Guess, in DC favoritism and neopotism is alive and well!

Cheers mate!

What's really ironic is acting like you know what happens to every single person here when you don't have access to user notes. That said, yours just went to 7 with a notation of "no idea why this isnt Permanent, call it mercy for the clueless. Or something close to that as I'm paraphrasing myself from them. :)

• 8 months later...

Going to post here rather then start a new thread. I obviously am new to this forum and the overzealous moderators.

In the past week I've had my signature removed & replaced with rules about sizes. Not sure what the exact measurements of the image was ... but it had to of been smaller then Jumbo's page of a signature. Are moderators exempt from this rule ?

I have also had my posts edited several times. After i cited my sources, the moderator still came back and wanted to add information to my post. Why can they not just add their own post to the thread instead of editing mine ?

Like I said before. I have been here for a couple days & am learning what I can & cant get away with, which apparently is nothing. Not sure if can handle all the moderation. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Going to post here rather then start a new thread. I obviously am new to this forum and the overzealous moderators.

Welcome to one of the best fan boards on the internet. As with any message board, you will have to get used to the culture here, and it is a good idea to do more reading than posting until you do.

The rules are pretty straightforward and reasonable. Read them and follow them and you will not have any problems.

The mods do actively enforce the rules, which is part of what makes this board one of the better message boards out there. You will not find 4chan-type anarchy here.

You still may get popped for the tone of your post though.

No clue what popped means ? ... but After re-reading the meticulousness of the rules & their belief that

Any suggestion that the people who wrote the Rules and enforce them know them less than you can result in a temporary ban.
just makes me feel unwelcome. And I just got here.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 05:09 PM ----------

As with any message board, you will have to get used to the culture here, and it is a good idea to do more reading than posting until you do.

I've lived in this area my whole life & am more then aware of the "culture," or lack there of, you are referring to.

It just blows my mind that you would suggest not participating in the forum ... isn't that the point of this site ? LoL.

While I'm not big on "following rules" and being moderated like a child ... I have no issue citing my sources, my current signature, or any other of the 18 rules.

However, I was quoted rule number 10 earlier ... for which my post was edited, TWICE. Does rule 10 apply to Twitter ?

In the past week I've had my signature removed & replaced with rules about sizes. Not sure what the exact measurements of the image was ... but it had to of been smaller then Jumbo's page of a signature. Are moderators exempt from this rule ?

I have also had my posts edited several times. After i cited my sources, the moderator still came back and wanted to add information to my post. Why can they not just add their own post to the thread instead of editing mine ?

Like I said before. I have been here for a couple days & am learning what I can & cant get away with, which apparently is nothing. Not sure if can handle all the moderation. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here's some - don't criticize the mods. They can get a bit trigger happy but overall they really are just trying to keep the place from burning down. Sure, everybody has something bad to say about the Warden but they all want him around when the inmates aren't in their cells.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 05:22 PM ----------

No clue what popped means ? ... but After re-reading the meticulousness of the rules & their belief that just makes me feel unwelcome. And I just got here.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 05:09 PM ----------

I've lived in this area my whole life & am more then aware of the "culture," or lack there of, you are referring to.

It just blows my mind that you would suggest not participating in the forum ... isn't that the point of this site ? LoL.

While I'm not big on "following rules" and being moderated like a child ... I have no issue citing my sources, my current signature, or any other of the 18 rules.

However, I was quoted rule number 10 earlier ... for which my post was edited, TWICE. Does rule 10 apply to Twitter ?

I have another one for you: Not so much a RULE as some advice from someone whose been around a while longer than you. I recently disagreed with a Mod about something. I PM'd them. Privately. I asked why what I did was a problem. Not in front of everyone. Privately. Just have some respect for their role and generally I think you'll be fine. Being 14 posts in and firing off in front of the entire forum about the mods is just never going to end well. I haven't found that polite and respectful private disagreement about enforcement of a rule as frowned upon.

No clue what popped means ? ... but After re-reading the meticulousness of the rules & their belief that just makes me feel unwelcome. And I just got here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vssGKMs_BLQ

No really, if you can't play nicely you should probably just go.

Thank you TK, Braveonthewarpath93, s0crates, brotherz & especially you enter apotheosis for your responses.

You're right brotherz. I should have PM the mod I had an issue with. However, I didn't know that was possible until now & I wouldn't have learned any of this just reading & not getting involved posting on the forum. I can see how this could be considered disrespectful, but my intention was to simply get some clarification on how things work. Which was the purpose of my original post on this thread which no one has responded to directly.

When you start a thread with "At the risk of being NNT'd".....You're pretty much begging for it. Deep down you thought it was funny too. :D

When you start a thread with "At the risk of being NNT'd"...You might be a redneck?

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 06:09 PM ----------

.. but After re-reading the meticulousness of the rules & their belief that just makes me feel unwelcome. And I just got here.

Stick around, I feel more unwelcomed everyday and I been posting here daily for some time now. It's quite liberating really, you just have to be somewhat annoying while sticking to the rules of engagement. Still the best Redskins board anywhere that I have found. There are other good ones, but then discourse here and the news here is the best bar none.

"Popped" means banned.

Yes, Rule 10 applies to Twitter. Rule 10, source, applies to everything. Obviously the link is needed only when appropriate.

If you hear something on the radio and you want to report it or discuss it, use that as a source.

We can't have you reporting news without some kind of reference.

Re the press release, we don't like to have more than one thread on one topic if we can help it. So if the team reports certain news, and somebody has already started a thread on it, I'll frequently edit the OP and add the team's press release because it usually has details not included in the OP, and I think members like to see the actual release. I post it in the OP rather than elsewhere in the thread so that everybody is more likely to see it. I hope you don't find this too intrusive.

Oh, and that snorting noise Jumbo mentions a few posts back? You've been doing it for two days.

To answer your question as directly as I think I can:

Your post count determines what your avatar and signature can be. For instance, I'm still not allowed to use a picture in my sig. And right off the top of my head, I can't remember which page gives your posting permissions, I think it might be your 'edit profile' page. (Tailgate posts don't count, btw.) But as SWFLSkins said, the news and discussion here is by far the best. Embrace the mods...they keep the chaos to a minimum, and can come to your rescue sometimes when you need them.:D

Hail!

Krush..I didn't have anything to do with your sig rule issue, but as we tell everyone, read the rules. They address every single thing you're talking about in this post. When everyone registers they agree to read the rules and follow them.

Then, like you, some get wound up because they didn't do that, break a rule, and get tagged. Just like you're gong to get it again for violating rule 18 (read it and see if you can figure it out this time). You're the one breaking the rules and being held accountable. It's all on you big boy. :)

And believe us, if you're someone who is going to come out of the gate as a new member like this, create violations and make work for us, and then still not get a clue, then we'll happily bid you good luck on another board. Your call. :)

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 04:11 PM ----------

Here's some - don't criticize the mods. They can get a bit trigger happy but overall they really are just trying to keep the place from burning down. Sure, everybody has something bad to say about the Warden but they all want him around when the inmates aren't in their cells.

I have another one for you: Not so much a RULE as some advice from someone whose been around a while longer than you. I recently disagreed with a Mod about something. I PM'd them. Privately. I asked why what I did was a problem. Not in front of everyone. Privately. Just have some respect for their role and generally I think you'll be fine. Being 14 posts in and firing off in front of the entire forum about the mods is just never going to end well. I haven't found that polite and respectful private disagreement about enforcement of a rule as frowned upon.

There absolutely are ways you can properly "criticize the mods" and it's laid out in the rules. You have no idea how un-trigger happy we are, apparently ;), and how much slack so many people get, even though our goal is to have a well-managed board that is also fun, informative, and a pleasure to visit. It seems we're still doing plenty right. Many members, however do "get" what we do, because they really pay attention and can see how much leeway is allowed.

Again, issues with mods simply never come up if people actually read, learn, and follow the rules (you can even do it over months, or check the page when you wonder about something) and (in many cases) also think about what they're posting sometimes in the heat of some moments and just pause to reconsider their wording.

Per your advice, it's great advice and you were heard in your PM---time has not allowed for a reply, and you indicated you didn't need one, but it was well-done. And there was a reason, of course, for the action, but you're entitled to disagree the way you chose to do it, and expressed yourself well and you're all good. :)

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

P.S. I responded to Krush's post after getting a PM from a member and then reading the post, and didn't read the other mods replying.

So, against my best judgment, I am going to rescind the week ban for the rule 18 violation I just gave him. You know, being an oppressive nazi mod and all that---like I have said before...the only thing I think we do in error as a staff at times is be TOO lenient, and I am guilty of that, too. :)

Ok Jumbo

read the rules. They address every single thing you're talking about in this post.

I reread them. Still dont see an answer to why your signature is exempt from the size limits. As a new member I realized you were a moderator. I noticed nobody gave you a hard time for you over sized sig & thought, OK, it must be ok if I follow suit.

as a new member like this, create violations and make work for us, and then still not get a clue,

I am attempting to get a clue Jum-Jum. Like I said before. It was my intention when posting in this thread to get some feed back so I can find some understanding as to why things are done ... things not mention in the rules of 18. Questions that were answered by Mark the homer ... thanks mark.

Just like you're gong to get it again for violating rule 18

So , I reread the rules. Not sure why or how asking questions is a violation of this rule. Like I said. I just want some clarification. But it seems it just easier for you to poop or ban people or whatever it is you guys do.

See guys ;)

Told you it was going to be a waste of time. Could smell this one from the beginning. :)

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 06:57 PM ----------

Ok Jumbo

I reread them. Still dont see an answer to why your signature is exempt from the size limits. As a new member I realized you were a moderator. I noticed nobody gave you a hard time for you over sized sig & thought, OK, it must be ok if I follow suit.

Really (and I assume you have been on the internet before)? You figure if a moderator on a site like this seems (to you in all your new guy ignorance) to be doing something that, as far as you know, is outside the rules, that it must be ok for you to do the same? So I guess you see a cop speeding somewhere, you just step on it too. :ols: But that's just a piece of the stupid here.

Normally, I answer questions about "me and rules" with explanations of how I remain within the rules even though I'm not so restricted. TK often has his own way of dealing with that, but I usually don't play that card. But what I will do in your case, and it's appropriate for others "like" you, is tell you it's not your place, nor is there any need, for you to concern yourself with how the moderators and the people who have been managing this site for years are doing, rules-wise. Sometime mods make errors in starting a thread, for instance, and give themselves a break like they regularly do so many members (as opposed to banning themselves to take your ridiculousness to its logical end).

The fact that you would ever dream otherwise, especially for something along the lines your picking (my sig--which you are the first to EVER comment on), is a tribute to your self-immolating attitude in general.

As far as my sig actually goes, the only time I checked it, it was within size. But I will check again and knowing me, while I don't have to, since I always like to remain within all our rules myself (since I had a hand in their writing) I will likely adjust it. As I would consider doing easily enough had anyone ever properly approached me about it or I I had reason to wonder. :)

I am attempting to get a clue Jum-Jum. Like I said before. It was my intention when posting in this thread to get some feed back so I can find some understanding as to why things are done ... things not mention in the rules of 18. Questions that were answered by Mark the homer ... thanks mark.

So , I reread the rules. Not sure why or how asking questions is a violation of this rule. Like I said. I just want some clarification. But it seems it just easier for you to poop or ban people or whatever it is you guys do.

The poop is all in your diaper, amigo. And rule 18 clearly tells you there is a feedback forum, or if you have questions, PM a mod--do not post them in some existing thread you choose. Lord, the density.

...I obviously am new to this forum and the overzealous moderators.

In the past week I've had my signature removed & replaced with rules about sizes. Not sure what the exact measurements of the image was ... but it had to of been smaller then Jumbo's page of a signature.

In case any of y'all are curious, see Jumbo's sig above.

Now, compare this with Krush's "smaller" sig:

430113_10100748991053105_1651625683_n.jpg

@Krusheasy

This is the kind of nonsense and idiocy and twisted logic we deal with every friggin' day. It's clearly obvious to anybody with even a very limited amount of reason that his sig is way outside the allowed parameters. But pointing this out isn't good enough for him. He needs to come on here and make a big issue out of something which should be humiliatingly obvious.

I used to think things like this were funny, but now it's just stupid. It grates on you. Day after day, the same tired stupid arguments which follow no sense of reason. After a while, you don't even want to give explanations. What's the point? No matter what you say, it won't be heard.

This is the kind of nonsense and idiocy and twisted logic we deal with every friggin' day. It's clearly obvious to anybody with even a very limited amount of reason that his sig is way outside the allowed parameters. But pointing this out isn't good enough for him. He needs to come on here and make a big issue out of something which should be humiliatingly obvious.

If nothing else, it provides comedic value for the rest of us during a time of the season we all could use it. :) On a serious note, however, those of us in the know massively appreciate the work you guys do as VOLUNTEERS. Best team site in the NFL. Hands down.

Archived