Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making A Righteous Thread--Your Official "NNT" InfoCenter

Jumbo

So if you want a thread to have a discussion follow one path forgot it, put your post in a thread where there are several different ideas being tossed about and then spend your life looking for responses got ya.

I may as well spend my time watching the Cowboys in hopes of seeing the Redskins once in awhile.

This post does kind of remind me of the Dr. Smith from Lost in Space. (he's the one on the right)

lis3.jpg

<just jokin around DrSmith :cheers: >

It's permanent.

Or at least permanent until you can actually read the first page of this thread & follow the instructions therein.

i already read the rules and forum policies when I registered back in 2003. I must've struck a nerve with someone, oh well.......it's nothing i can do about that.

Since it's early in the morning, maybe you should grab some caffeine & try again.;)

i already read the rules and forum policies when I registered back in 2003. I must've struck a nerve with someone, oh well.......it's nothing i can do about that.

Sure if you have some info post it in a thread where one word from you posts matches something in the existing thread, then when someone starts a thread with your exact thoughts point out how there is already a post dealing with the subject somewhere else.

But remember this rationale somber thought is a long gone process, as I am sure vinny is the head mod

So if we have read this thread and abide by the rules, our NNT gets removed? Cause I read through it...

While you may have read through it, you obviously didn't understand the instructions contained within it.

Sure if you have some info post it in a thread where one word from you posts matches something in the existing thread, then when someone starts a thread with your exact thoughts point out how there is already a post dealing with the subject somewhere else.

But remember this rationale somber thought is a long gone process, as I am sure vinny is the head mod

I'm more sure that some grown men cannot get a handle on simply being held accountable for not wearing their big boy pants like they are are supposed to. :)

I'm more sure that some grown men cannot get a handle on simply being held accountable for not wearing their big boy pants like they are are supposed to. :)

Some of us just don't care, we realize that there will be those who exact their desire to be in control on an internet form. the rest of us will just enjoy being fans and live life.

Some of us just don't care, we realize that there will be those who exact their desire to be in control on an internet form. the rest of us will just enjoy being fans and live life.
The rest of you? Are they full-fledged personalities or just the vague ghosts of paranoia? I'll be back to find out later--lots of fanning and life-enjoying on the plate today. :)

The rest of you? Are they full-fledged personalities or just the vague ghosts of paranoia? I'll be back to find out later--lots of fanning and life-enjoying on the plate today. :)

I know I am not the only one with the NNT label.

All this from a post on the coaching search:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
It's a coding issue that the Redskins IT Dept can't seem to get to the top of their 'Get It Fixed' list.

This may help them (not sure but google usually finds a few fixes):

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82540

or

http://www.tech-recipes.com/php_programming_tips777.html

or

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web/Web_Languages/PHP/Q_21066345.html

Both involve changing the memory limits. I've seen it changed from 12 to 16 to 20MB...I guess it all depends on the site.

The search function has long been a pain; we all know this. But let's make the situation a little more clear. I use it almost every day and it works a lot more often than some people like to say.

It actually works more often than not overall. For those really counting, that means it works greater than 50% of the time. I usally use the simple drop-down forum search rather than the advanced search. But there are those days times when for a period of time it just doesn't do squat.

Which is one reason why members are expected to do a visual check of the first 2 pages, and if you're unsure of whether your thread should go in ATN or the Stadium, or it could go in either, check both before posting to avoid a possible NNT. :)

Used the search several times already this morning. No problems. Not saying there have been times where the thing hasn't gotten a few severe reactions from me, but overall it does work, Just have to limit the parameters of your search,(which can be a pain at times as well).

I know I am not the only one with the NNT label.

All this from a post on the coaching search:laugh:

You have to agree though, 15 threads on "DJ Hackett", "Trade for Chad", "Gregg is awesome" and "Synder is a jerk" gets real old real fast.

I have been an NNT member in the past and you just have to realize that maybe your personal love of your thread was misplaced. Believe it or not, we do have a tendency to believe that our own thoughts are always the best. The mods are just trying to help keep this place in some kind of order. They, like us, are human and may not catch everyone so naturally some people will feel jaded. It's no different than the police force. Many people speed and don't get caught, but you know that the world is better because of the work they do. Without some governing, things go south very fast.

So everybody take a chill pill and use your eyes to look over the front pages and stop relying on the IT guys programming skills. "Responsibility is the birth mother of success and order." :2cents:

Archived