Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making A Righteous Thread--Your Official "NNT" InfoCenter

Jumbo

All I can say is wow. You have got to be one of the dumbest people in the world. That's scary dumb. You ratted yourself out. How do you have internet access?
:doh: :doh: :doh: Rich' date=' WTF were you thinking???? (Not that you'll See this)

I'll give him **** in person, if I see him at the Tampa Tailgate!! :doh:

I know this guy, worked with him, actually he's pretty sharp. (EXCEPT FOR THIS INSTANCE)

I tried to tell him in this thread..[url']http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3907429&postcount=121[/url] but he never seen it I guess

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Oh my god......I have laughed and laughed.

What the heck was he thinking?

Well........OBVIOUSLY.....he wasnt.

Good lord........people never cease to amaze me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In light of the update in the original post, this bears repeating:

And something else that would REALLY help when posting news articles would be to follow this extremely simple part of Rule #10:

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs).

Doing this, rather then say, Redskins: Camp Confidential / ESPN.com - Campbell fully prepared to lead Redskins / JC is on the FRONT of the ESPN.com NFL page! / ESPN: Campbell fully prepared to lead Redskins

All of which were merged 4 times as they were the same article titled differently nearly every time it was posted.

ESPN: Campbell fully prepared to lead Redskins (El Mergero)

There have been SEVERAL news article threads that have been re-titled correctly. They're the ones with MOD EDITED TITLE in them. If one of them is yours & you haven't been NNT'd, consider yourself lucky, because if you continue to ignore this, you will be NNT'd.

I see the reason for the NNT's. I just wanted to know the length of my punishment. I'll accept the responsibility of being wrong. I do, but no 1 told me "How long" i'll be NNT'd. Is there a length of punishment time?....(here is my question for Blade back in May):

Hey Blade. How are ya? I have a question. I was placed under the "No new threads" category. If I'm in violation, I'll gladly accept my punishment. In the forum rules section, it explains that the Mods will attempt to contact me to warn me before action would be taken. If you checked my previous thread starting record, i've only started 11 or 12 posts in 5 years out of nearly 1100 posts. I know there was a long one started similar to my topic, but I had a specific question to that in which on an aol skins board needed answering. I'm still learning the "Search feature" as well. A buddy on AOL called Redskins Park and asked specifically, "Did the Skins have a full compliment of draft picks in '08?" A PR person told my friend "No, The Skins had no 4th, but he had no idea why." My 1st guess was the Duckett trade, but I was unsure. Callihan posted that we did, but there were others that said we didn't. Hence my started post. Like I said earlier, if I'm wrong? I'll man up and take my punishment like a man. I just wanted to know "Why?" Is all. Thanks!

I see the reason for the NNT's. I just wanted to know the length of my punishment. I'll accept the responsibility of being wrong. I do, but no 1 told me "How long" i'll be NNT'd. Is there a length of punishment time?

Figure out who the Mods are here. Here's a hint, they're listed in a thread in the Feedback forum. ;) Then find their posts in this thread. You'll then find the answers you seek.

the only problem that i have is when name calling comes into effect because someone doesnt agree with your "ruling". i am sure you put alot of hard effort and time well spent in making this site friendly for everyone, but when your mods start lashing out and trying to make people feel "stupid" for speaking their opinions thats where my problem comes in.

i dont mind having the NNT next to my name. i dont try to make new threads. i thought i had come upon something new here because i didnt see that it was made yesterday, and i got slapped with the NNT. not a big deal to me, but when i said that it was stupid and people need to get a life and stop trying to monitor mine i get insulted and called names.

besides that, im loving the site.

the only problem that i have is when name calling comes into effect because someone doesnt agree with your "ruling". i am sure you put alot of hard effort and time well spent in making this site friendly for everyone, but when your mods start lashing out and trying to make people feel "stupid" for speaking their opinions thats where my problem comes in.

i dont mind having the NNT next to my name. i dont try to make new threads. i thought i had come upon something new here because i didnt see that it was made yesterday, and i got slapped with the NNT. not a big deal to me, but when i said that it was stupid and people need to get a life and stop trying to monitor mine i get insulted and called names.

besides that, im loving the site.

I am honestly glad you are loving this site. :) But I am "having a problem" with you misrepresenting what happened with your moderating action. ES members alerted you to the rules you ignored and you responded as you admit--by taking an insulting attitude with them here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3995697&postcount=6

No one insulted you. When TK responded to you, he pointed out only the facts and the irony of you behavior without any insult, here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3995739&postcount=8

And then he closed the thread. No one did what I red-highlighted in read in your quote above, either.

When someone mispresents why they were "modded" they are often banned. We hate that--we want everyone to 1. Enjoy the site, and 1A. Learn and follow the rules. So I suggest you return, read, apologize for your misrepresentation and continue to enjoy the site. :):cheers:

how long does the now new sigs thing last?

i've emailed TK about it, but no answer. i've been like this for about a year now. geez i get the point. :doh: :laugh:

Trying to decode---I take "now new sigs" to mean "my sig privs have been removed" :) . You never know ;) .

I looked at your notes and see two times a moderator had to intervene in an oversized sig on your account. I learned as a newcomer (by reading the sticky threads) that after two sig violations you lose the sig privilege permanently--it says in the rule "will be strictly enforced." Not busting on you, Leonard, but my understanding then and now is that if a member has blown this simple thing a second time there is a sense that the member don't care enough to be responsible.

It it really isn't a judicious use of resources to have the moderators police or parent the same members about the same offenses over and over, though we do a lot of that here anyway :) . We do like to give chances and exceptions when warranted. Now I won't type for TK, but it may be he figures seasoned old-timers :silly: should know all this and that's why he hasn't called back. :D You could try again, though.

It it really isn't a judicious use of resources to have the moderators police or parent the same members about the same offenses over and over, though we do a lot of that here anyway :) . We do like to give chances and exceptions when warranted. Now I won't type for TK, but it may be he figures seasoned old-timers :silly: should know all this and that's why he hasn't called back. :D You could try again, though.

it feels good to get an answer from someone in power. i didn't know i was in the permanent club. i thought maybe TK forgot about me or something. oh well.

thanks for the reply jumbo! :cheers:

Hey Blade. How are ya?
I haven't seen a Blade post in a year or more. He's becoming like Paul McCartney on the Magical Mystery Tour album. In fact, in one of Tarhog's posts a few months ago, I noticed that if you took the first letter of the first 12 words in his post, the letters spelled out "EDALBDEIRUBI."

Personally, I rarely try to post news because 99 times out of 100, it's already posted. By posting news, you're almost begging for NNT. I like the (mod edit) thing.

I haven't seen a Blade post in a year or more. He's becoming like Paul McCartney on the Magical Mystery Tour album.

Wasn't aware Blade hasn't posted much. I just wanted to really know "why" and/or "How long" am I NNT'd? I've started 11 posts in 5 yrs. I'm not a vet at it. I accept responsibility though. Just wanted to know my sentence length. And I never post/start news threads.

Wasn't aware Blade hasn't posted much. I just wanted to really know "why" and/or "How long" am I NNT'd? I've started 11 posts in 5 yrs. I'm not a vet at it. I accept responsibility though. Just wanted to know my sentence length. And I never post/start news threads.

Did you notice/read TK's response to your previous post in this thread and follow his suggestion? :)

I am honestly glad you are loving this site. :) But I am "having a problem" with you misrepresenting what happened with your moderating action. ES members alerted you to the rules you ignored and you responded as you admit--by taking an insulting attitude with them here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3995697&postcount=6

No one insulted you. When TK responded to you, he pointed out only the facts and the irony of you behavior without any insult, here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3995739&postcount=8

And then he closed the thread. No one did what I red-highlighted in read in your quote above, either.

When someone mispresents why they were "modded" they are often banned. We hate that--we want everyone to 1. Enjoy the site, and 1A. Learn and follow the rules. So I suggest you return, read, apologize for your misrepresentation and continue to enjoy the site. :):cheers:

Originally Posted by TK

Damn these n00bs that don't bother to read the Rules or the READ ME threads from earlier this week pertaining to NNT & when they are told to review these, they don't. And then they proceed to publicly throw a temper tantrum like a child instead of putting on their Big Boy pants & saying, 'Sorry 'bout that. It won't happen again.' Or something along those lines & having their NNT status resolved as simple as that. And this AFTER it's even been explained to them via PM.

is noob supposed to be some sort of insult? seems to me like you have TOO many rules and NO leinancy towards someone who is a "noob" and just wanted to post something he thought was cool.

and it seems to me like you are breaking your own rules with the calling out and name calling yourself. but dont worry, i won't report that.:cheers:

Big Mike

this is what i meant by name calling..noob..big boy pants..it seems like that was all an attempt to try and embarrass me and insult me for no good reason but the fact that i dont agree. sure i told them that i dont think they need to monitor me so close, i am new and didnt know this place was policed so tightly but that is the point. i am new. i didnt know this place was ran like such the gestapo.

just because i dont agree or see your point doesnt mean that i need to be put down in any way. i am NOT going to see your side of things always that is just the way it is. i do get the whole multi-post thing but i dont get the way that it was pointed out to me to make me feel stupid. :2cents:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived