Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton: Miami MAY swap w/ Skins for Quinn

lovemaskins

Not totally out of the question, but Quinn makes good sense for Miami. I can't help but wonder if this is being put out there to work against KC's efforts to extract a #2 for Green (from Miami).

This may be a counter-scare being sent out to make KC lower their asking price for Green.

If Miami doesn't get Green in a trade, then do they not cut Culpepper? If so, does that "force" Oakland's hand at 1 (take Russell)? Probably not. I say they still take CJ.

Picking up a 3rd rounder for going from 6 to 9 would really be a great situation. We'd have a chance to get at least one of landry, okoye, branch, adams, or anderson. Not sure who will be left there (most likely okoye/branch/anderson) but any of them would be a great pickup, especially if we get a nice 3rd rounder in the process. We can go O-line or D-line again with that third rounder. Let's hope Quinn falls to us and let the bidding begin.

I'm starting to think a move like this would be great. Late round steels make superbowl winners. Not one star in the first. Grab another draft pick or three out of this and load up with good scouting. But to the contrary, Cerrato is next to useless.

If we stay at 6, take Landry.

If anything else, please trade down for more picks.

Okoye will be gone by 9. He's the best DT in the draft and 1 of only 2 first round worthy DTs. We should hold and take him at 6.

I just think the Skins need to trade down to get at least one more day one pick. It doesn't matter who we pick in the first round, if the Skins next pick is all the way into the 5th round, our draft will be a disapointment.

Just like some have said earlier, late round steals (not 1st round picks) are what is key to building a winner.

Plus a player taken at #9 would most definitely demand a cheaper contract then a player taken at #6. :)

I know what the value chart says but for a franchise QB, I think we should get a little more than their 3rd rounder. This isn't like trading up for a guard - Miami is trading for the potential face of their franchise. We should be able to land their 2nd rounder...especially if they're convinced Minny is going to take him.

Bottom line is the pick is worth what we say it's worth.

I was thinking the same way. I mean , if they're that sold on him, let's put a stiff offer and see how far that gets us. If we got their second, oh my god. Their second round pick is a perfect place to catch a great prospect that mighta fallen through the cracks due to the teams needs versus BPA predicament and based on position. I like how this could potenitally work out. We might be able to get a steal. Maybe pick up a Quentin Moses or Jarvis Moss, Anthony Spencer type. And draft Okoye. A nice youth injection on the Dline might even motivate players like Daniels and Salavea to raise their game. If our D-line works out and our secondary is all on the same page, I like our chances in a mediocre NFC. :helmet:

If the talent evaluators are right, then this is a limited draft. The top 6 or 7 players are worthy, but they say that 9 or 25 is the same type player. If that is true, I rather pick a player worthy of a sixth pick (Landry, maybe Okoye) at pick 6 instead of taking a player with a 25th pick talent at 9 and say we got a deal because they threw in a third rounder.

If we trade to 9, we have to get a second rounder.

I think this is just a smoke screen by Miami just to test and see if Minnesota is really interested in Quinn. I don't think Minny is but you never know. From my understanding Childress in content with having Tavarius Jackson as his starter.

That's pretty much why I feel its just a smoke screen.

I know what the value chart says but for a franchise QB, I think we should get a little more than their 3rd rounder. This isn't like trading up for a guard - Miami is trading for the potential face of their franchise. We should be able to land their 2nd rounder...especially if they're convinced Minny is going to take him.

Bottom line is the pick is worth what we say it's worth.

:applause:

No way, Amobi Okoye is there for us at 9. Let's assume this happens, the Dolphins take Quinn at 6, and the top 5 looked like this:

1) Russell

2) Adams

3) Peterson

4) Johnson

5) Thomas

This makes Minnesota the wildcard team, and in couple of other threads I read on here, I read Minnesota will improve the their defense with 7th pick. Thus, at 7 the Vikings take Landry or trade down. Either way, Landry is off the board.

Now, Atlanta is on the clock. Petrino is Okoye's old coach and with Landry off the board the Falcons take Okoye.

That leaves us in a worse a position because we just missed 2 of the highest rated defensive players with only the options being: trading down again, drafting Branch (who is rumored to have stress facture), taking Anderson, or taking Carriker.

If this occurs, I hope for the trade down again, but if we can't trade down again, then take Anderson.

I think if we want Okoye, we have to take him at 6 because if we trade down even to 8 or 9 our chances of landing him or Landry for that matter are gone. I hate to say it, because I have been on the Okoye band wagon for a long time, but I think Gibbs takes Landry with the 6th pick.

No way, Amobi Okoye is there for us at 9. Let's assume this happens, the Dolphins take Quinn at 6, and the top 5 looked like this:

1) Russell

2) Adams

3) Peterson

4) Johnson

5) Thomas

This makes Minnesota the wildcard team, and in couple of other threads I read on here, I read Minnesota will improve the their defense with 7th pick. Thus, at 7 the Vikings take Landry or trade down. Either way, Landry is off the board.

Now, Atlanta is on the clock. Petrino is Okoye's old coach and with Landry off the board the Falcons take Okoye.

That leaves us in a worse a position because we just missed 2 of the highest rated defensive players with only the options being: trading down again, drafting Branch (who is rumored to have stress facture), taking Anderson, or taking Carriker.

If this occurs, I hope for the trade down again, but if we can't trade down again, then take Anderson.

I think if we want Okoye, we have to take him at 6 because if we trade down even to 8 or 9 our chances of landing him or Landry for that matter are gone. I hate to say it, because I have been on the Okoye band wagon for a long time, but I think Gibbs takes Landry with the 6th pick.

Okoye is not worth it. We don;t need a DT. We need a pass-rushing solid DE. Jamaal Anderson is there at 9... let's do it if they throw in there second rounder in which we get a guard/

5 pages in and no one has bothered to check this out. Miami actually has 2 2nd round picks, including a high and a low pick in the round (they obtained from New England in the Welker deal). It's really a wash either way when you look at the draft value chart. Their high 3rd round is #71 overall. Combine that with the #9 overall pick and you get 1,585 points. They also have the #60 pick from NE. That one adds out to 1,650 points on the value chart. I would think we have the upper hand, since other teams between 6 and 9 are interested in Quinn, therefore I'd hope we get the 9 and 60 picks for our 6, i.e. a 1st and 2nd round pick. It is possible then after all.

Agree with the post about Okoye not being available at #9. Landry probably goes to the Vikings and 7, and Okoye to the Falcons at 8. IMO that puts us in a position where there are no must players at #9 unless somehow though its unlikely that Adams drops that far. At that point at #9 I'd look to trade AGAIN if we can find a suitor and pick up even more picks. Maybe someone would want to trade for Levi Brown, who knows.

1) Russell

2) Adams

3) Peterson

4) Johnson

5) Thomas

I also think that Minn might be interested in Quinn, which could cause the value of the pick to be even more valuable. However, Quinn and Russell are off the board and landry is there, I think that Minn will probably go for him. Which would be great for us, because then we couldn't make a mistake of not going DL with the (then) #9.

I also think that Minn might be interested in Quinn, which could cause the value of the pick to be even more valuable. However, Quinn and Russell are off the board and landry is there, I think that Minn will probably go for him. Which would be great for us, because then we couldn't make a mistake of not going DL with the (then) #9.

That's the key, isn't it. If Miami trades up, it's because they believe someone else between 6-9 wants Quinn. It would be the FO's job to make sure they think that so we can get as much as possible. If we get down to 9 and the guys we want aren't there, I think another trade down is the only real option. Possibly get another low 2nd or a 3rd and 4th out of the deal.

Archived