Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton: Miami MAY swap w/ Skins for Quinn

lovemaskins

If we want Okoye or Landry, I wouldn't do this move unless they gave us a 2nd. Landy would be gone by 9 and Okoye would likely be gone as well (potentially taken by the Falcons at 8). If you are willing to lose both Okoye and Landry, the move makes sense.

That is exactly why I wouldn't do this trade, because I am sold on either LL or Okoye. Dropping to nine we miss those two in all likelyhood. If we are going to miss out on those two we might as well drop down into the teens. Of course, this could be a stepping stone trade down, and we could potentially trade again if a guy like Petterson is there at 9. However, it takes two to tango and I am very concerned about the Skins using Peterson as bait. Teams know we CANNOT take him so they could use the people behind us as leverage. They could say, "We know you're not going to take Peterson, and we have a trade already in place with the team behind you for less." If we are forced to take a player at 9, then we lose out on the best two fits and get precious little cap relief and a third rounder in return. IMO we need Landry, Okoye or a bunch of extra picks while staying in the top 20 or so. The late first rounders have been grading out as second round talents. We don't want to be there either. Better to have a second and a third than a late first this year as far as I can tell.

I know what the value chart says but for a franchise QB, I think we should get a little more than their 3rd rounder. This isn't like trading up for a guard - Miami is trading for the potential face of their franchise. We should be able to land their 2nd rounder...especially if they're convinced Minny is going to take him.

Bottom line is the pick is worth what we say it's worth.

You, my friend, should be working in the Skins' front office! :notworthy

Archived