Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton: Miami MAY swap w/ Skins for Quinn

lovemaskins

I know what the value chart says but for a franchise QB, I think we should get a little more than their 3rd rounder. This isn't like trading up for a guard - Miami is trading for the potential face of their franchise. We should be able to land their 2nd rounder...especially if they're convinced Minny is going to take him.

Bottom line is the pick is worth what we say it's worth.

I agree with you... though I'm not so sure it'll happen that way, if Quinn happens to fall to us and the Dolphins are looking to trade up, we hold all the cards, we should demand as much as possible. Especially considering the talk of Minnesota really wanting a new QB.

yeah we could plus a second round pick and maybe a third too. the problem is that i think Cleveland is leaning towards taking Quinn over Peterson which isnt terrible for us because then we could trade down to #16 with the packers but obviously 9 is better because we could get okoye.

scott wright has jamal anderson going in the low 20s, and maybe a double down trade could be in the works?

No. The pick is worth what we can get for it. And if Miami is as attached to the draft chart as everyone else, then we'll have a hard time getting much more than the value alloted the pick by said chart. Now, they might be willing to go somewhat above the price because a QB is involved (maybe throw in a 6th or a 7th), but I don't see them giving up their 2.

i like the sound of this.... especially since... (going out on a limb here).... Marcus Thomas could still be around in the 3rd, and THAT would be a steal for the 3rd round if we could ensure his troubled past is behind him... (maybe some sort of 'character bonus' in his contract... or just a penalty for misbehavior that is harsher than league standards)..... that way we could get a stud DE w/ the 9th... or maybe trade down even farther

I know what the value chart says but for a franchise QB, I think we should get a little more than their 3rd rounder. This isn't like trading up for a guard - Miami is trading for the potential face of their franchise. We should be able to land their 2nd rounder...especially if they're convinced Minny is going to take him.

While agree with you on this, But if a DE is the #1 pick and a fanchise QB is picked later, the initial contracts, the DE will be bigger. Their second contracts is a different story.

If they're not willing to part with a 2nd rounder to get Trent Green, why would they hand one to us to move up?

3 slots isn't worth a 2nd rounder. I don't think there is a team in the league that would make that deal (well... maybe Vinnie). IF the deal goes through, it'll give us a 3rd. Which isn't too bad. Fair. Reasonable.

If they're not willing to part with a 2nd rounder to get Trent Green, why would they hand one to us to move up?

3 slots isn't worth a 2nd rounder. I don't think there is a team in the league that would make that deal (well... maybe Vinnie). IF the deal goes through, it'll give us a 3rd. Which isn't too bad. Fair. Reasonable.

A couple of years ago Cleveland swapped their #7 for Detroit's #6 and gave up their 2nd rounder. And that was for a tight end.

Oh yeah, whichever MOD changed the thread title, thanks, I'm not that great with computers and I didn't mean to mislead anyone. So I apologize if I did.

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I just got scared we were trying to get another QB! LOL. Good info on the possible trade down though!

Clubs have overpaid (by the draft chart) before, yes. What makes you think it's likely here? Because we hope they do? They won't give a 2nd up to KC for Green, but they'll dish one over to us for Quinn?

Realistically, a 3rd is likely. A 2nd is wildly optimistic. Factor in Vinny, and it's a dream.

Sorry buddy, didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I just got scared we were trying to get another QB! LOL. Good info on the possible trade down though!

No harm done but I realize the wording could have some to believe we're trying to get Trent Green. I know there are some people around here that would say "OH, NO, we're trading Jason Campbell for Trent Green" or something like that.

agreed. i did a double take before i realized that it meant the dolphins.

Yeah, sorry bout that. :laugh:

I have the Browns taking Quinn, but if they take Peterson instead this could happen.

If the Lions don't take Joe Thomas couldn't the Browns consider taking him? From what I've heard their O-Line isn't great.

If we move down from 6 to 9 with the dolphins we better get a 2nd for that. Hold out until they offer up both that and the second. Maybe we can pick up a DT and a DE and that would make my offseason right there. If we could do that I wouldn't even care bout day 2 cause we would have addressed every need on defense.

LB

CB

DT

DE

That would be the best offseason in Snyders term here and it would allow me to put a little faith in our FO.

If we want Okoye or Landry I wouldn't do it; we may get to move to 9, but if the guy(s) we want are not there, what's the point really?

Well I guess it would be a draft day trade. In that case we could measure the temperature of everything. If they want to do it and both those guys are still on the board, we could try, if one is already gone, may just use #6 for ourself

If we want Okoye or Landry, I wouldn't do this move unless they gave us a 2nd. Landy would be gone by 9 and Okoye would likely be gone as well (potentially taken by the Falcons at 8). If you are willing to lose both Okoye and Landry, the move makes sense.

I agree completly , for those of you who think we can move down to 9 and still get Okoye I say your dreaming. If we make this move look for Anderson, Branch, Carriker etc.

How about get the 3rd from Miami and trade down AGAIN and hopefully pick up a 2nd? That's what I want. I don't know how much further down we would have to go, though, to pick up a 2nd.

But that would make me happy. A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. My kinda draft. Finally.

Archived