Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton: Miami MAY swap w/ Skins for Quinn

lovemaskins

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2842857&name=clayton_john

The Dolphins are scrambling for a quarterback and would like to get Green before the draft. But what if the Dolphins put a draft-day deadline on making a Green trade? If Brady Quinn slips out of the top five, the Dolphins could trade up from No. 9 to get him. The Redskins would be willing to trade the No. 6 pick. If you look at the trade chart numbers, it would cost the Dolphins a third-round choice to move from No. 9 to No. 6. The Dolphins would then have Quinn and the Chiefs would lose a trading partner for Green.

Just an opinion, but the word MAY should be in the title in place of TO.

Sorry

]']Where did you hear this?

Clayton just said on espn draft special. It's on now. It's 9:30et.

I'm just passing on the information my fellow Redskin brothers, don't crucify me. :notworthy

all they really said is that there is a possibility of us trading down with Miami if Quinn falls to us... if we do that I think that would be a good move (if we stay at 6 I want Landry) but if we move down I would like to see us get Okoye, and a safety in the second round. Michael Griffin would be good at safety if he's still there I think.

Stop with the stupid misleading threads.

It's not misleading bro

anything else, like possible picks they would offer up?
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2842857&name=clayton_john

The Dolphins are scrambling for a quarterback and would like to get Green before the draft. But what if the Dolphins put a draft-day deadline on making a Green trade? If Brady Quinn slips out of the top five, the Dolphins could trade up from No. 9 to get him. The Redskins would be willing to trade the No. 6 pick. If you look at the trade chart numbers, it would cost the Dolphins a third-round choice to move from No. 9 to No. 6. The Dolphins would then have Quinn and the Chiefs would lose a trading partner for Green.

Yea, what he said.

Value say those 3 places would be closer to a 3rd I think. Or at least, Clayton thinks, and I'll buy it.

I'd hope for the second, but the third and fourth would be nice. I just think they will have to come a little stronger than just a third to move up or we could just draft who we want. just my :2cents:

Value say those 3 places would be closer to a 3rd I think. Or at least, Clayton thinks, and I'll buy it.

diff = 250 pts.

'fins 3rd is worth 225

which would definitly be worth it, if we can still get the person we want.

1st you get the same person and sign him to a smaller contract since he's not has high of a pick plus the obvious extra player. It would be really good to have 2 on the 1st day.

Sorry

Clayton just said on espn draft special. It's on now. It's 9:30et.

I'm just passing on the information my fellow Redskin brothers, don't crucify me. :notworthy

Heh, I hope I didn't sound rude. It wasn't the "Where'd you hear this? Huh? HUH?" type. I just wanted to know whether the source was PFT or ESPN, or such.

I know what the value chart says but for a franchise QB, I think we should get a little more than their 3rd rounder. This isn't like trading up for a guard - Miami is trading for the potential face of their franchise. We should be able to land their 2nd rounder...especially if they're convinced Minny is going to take him.

Bottom line is the pick is worth what we say it's worth.

smart move.. i think we can get okoye with 9th still

yeah we could plus a second round pick and maybe a third too. the problem is that i think Cleveland is leaning towards taking Quinn over Peterson which isnt terrible for us because then we could trade down to #16 with the packers but obviously 9 is better because we could get okoye.

Archived