Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Clayton: Miami MAY swap w/ Skins for Quinn

lovemaskins

Agree with the post about Okoye not being available at #9. Landry probably goes to the Vikings and 7, and Okoye to the Falcons at 8. IMO that puts us in a position where there are no must players at #9 unless somehow though its unlikely that Adams drops that far. At that point at #9 I'd look to trade AGAIN if we can find a suitor and pick up even more picks. Maybe someone would want to trade for Levi Brown, who knows.

If Branch is still on the board at #9, we've got to get him. If not, I would like to try to drop down a little more, but I think that it will be hard to find a taker, because there just isn't any "must players".

I'd go for a swap and their 2nd, but not a 3rd. You've got to know that if we move back 3 spots, then you can kiss both, Landry and Okoye goodbye. They'll both be gone before the 9th pick. Minnesota covets Landry and Atlanta Okoye, then we are stuck in the mud again. We need a 1st and a 2nd, or make the pick at #6.

Even if Miami gets Trent Green, they'll still want Brady Quinn. Trent is 37 and coming off of a severe concussion. I don't see him being a saviour to Miami; however, he would be a perfect mentor to Quinn. We can only hope he slips to us. There are two or three players that could fall to us that would help us with trading down. They are Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, and LaRon Landry.

I also think that Minn might be interested in Quinn, which could cause the value of the pick to be even more valuable. However, Quinn and Russell are off the board and landry is there, I think that Minn will probably go for him. Which would be great for us, because then we couldn't make a mistake of not going DL with the (then) #9.

Quinn might be the pick for Minnesota, but they just invested Tavaris Jackson as their QB. The only reason they go after Quinn is if they have already given up on Jackson. I think Landry, Anderson, Carriker, or trading down would be the Vikings best options because if they trade down they could still get a decent WR, which they need.

If Branch is still on the board at #9, we've got to get him. If not, I would like to try to drop down a little more, but I think that it will be hard to find a taker, because there just isn't any "must players".

Branch on many mocks is much further down in the draft, though some have SF taking him. I love the IDEA of someone like Branch, big 2 gap DT that can clog the run. But the latest reports on him scare me. However, if the FO thinks he's the real deal am all for it.

Branch on many mocks is much further down in the draft, though some have SF taking him. I love the IDEA of someone like Branch, big 2 gap DT that can clog the run. But the latest reports on him scare me. However, if the FO thinks he's the real deal am all for it.

What reports? The reports that he has stress fractures in both his legs? Don't you think that if this was true, every NFL team would know about it, and it would have gotten out HOURS of after it had happened, and if you think that he's had them for a while (before the combine) then all the more reason to get him. If he can do that with broken legs, imagine what he will do when (and they will) heal.

If Quinn is there at six, we would be in great shape. Come on Oakland, take CJ! Then the Browns will take Russell and we'll be able to pick up a pick, maybe even two when the Dolphins or another team trade up with us.

No way, Amobi Okoye is there for us at 9. Let's assume this happens, the Dolphins take Quinn at 6, and the top 5 looked like this:

1) Russell

2) Adams

3) Peterson

4) Johnson

5) Thomas

This makes Minnesota the wildcard team, and in couple of other threads I read on here, I read Minnesota will improve the their defense with 7th pick. Thus, at 7 the Vikings take Landry or trade down. Either way, Landry is off the board.

Now, Atlanta is on the clock. Petrino is Okoye's old coach and with Landry off the board the Falcons take Okoye.

That leaves us in a worse a position because we just missed 2 of the highest rated defensive players with only the options being: trading down again, drafting Branch (who is rumored to have stress facture), taking Anderson, or taking Carriker.

If this occurs, I hope for the trade down again, but if we can't trade down again, then take Anderson.

I think if we want Okoye, we have to take him at 6 because if we trade down even to 8 or 9 our chances of landing him or Landry for that matter are gone. I hate to say it, because I have been on the Okoye band wagon for a long time, but I think Gibbs takes Landry with the 6th pick.

I agree no way amobie is there at 9.

However, that still would likely leave Anderson, Branch, and Carriker. If we got Miami's high second I could see us taking Anderson or Branch, with the hope of drafting a DE or DT with the 2nd Rounder. The question is do we think Branch would last till that 2nd round pick. If not then we could draft him and pray for a salvagable DE to groom behind Daniels.

Or we could just add the one position and try to find a CB/Safety so we can not worry about signing springs next year.

What reports? The reports that he has stress fractures in both his legs? Don't you think that if this was true, every NFL team would know about it, and it would have gotten out HOURS of after it had happened, and if you think that he's had them for a while (before the combine) then all the more reason to get him. If he can do that with broken legs, imagine what he will do when (and they will) heal.

Nope its not about his stress fractures. Have you been looking at the mock drafts over time and watching NFL Network, ESPN, etc? Now they can have it all wrong. But more than any player Branch has been dropping like a rock on MOST mock drafts. More or less its been said that he's out of shape, some teams have concerns about his motor and motivation, some say studying his tapes he takes off too many plays, etc.

It's not some radical theory of mine. Branch dropping down the boards has been one of most transparent things going on in the draft. Whether its warranted or not, I have no clue but do some google searches, its not that hard to fine. Heck Kiper dropped him off of his 25 Big board (his ranking of the top 25 players) now like 4 times in a row.

Clubs have overpaid (by the draft chart) before, yes. What makes you think it's likely here? Because we hope they do? They won't give a 2nd up to KC for Green, but they'll dish one over to us for Quinn?

Realistically, a 3rd is likely. A 2nd is wildly optimistic. Factor in Vinny, and it's a dream.

Remember what San Diego gave to Arizona to move up one spot to #2: Their #3 overall, a second-round pick, a future #1 and Eric Metcalf. You better believe that was because Leaf was viewed as a potential franchise QB.

And as mentioned, Miami has an extra #2 from the Wes Welker trade. That makes it a LOT easier to give up a second rounder.

Okay. Nice of Clayton to mention it and nice that you think this is news. However I have said this 4 weeks running now so lets make it FIVE.

The Dolphins are going to trade with the Redskins and get Quinn. Now here is the scoop that Clayton DOESN'T have. This deal wil go down regardless of whether Miami gets Trent Green.

Trent Green is 37 years old. Quinn is the future of the Dolphins. Look for the trade to happen UNLESS the Skins are offered an incredible deal from someone else. But the Dolphins will give up a 3rd round pick to move up 3 spots....and we will all be happy.

Okay. Nice of Clayton to mention it and nice that you think this is news. However I have said this 4 weeks running now so lets make it FIVE.

The Dolphins are going to trade with the Redskins and get Quinn. Now here is the scoop that Clayton DOESN'T have. This deal wil go down regardless of whether Miami gets Trent Green.

Trent Green is 37 years old. Quinn is the future of the Dolphins. Look for the trade to happen UNLESS the Skins are offered an incredible deal from someone else. But the Dolphins will give up a 3rd round pick to move up 3 spots....and we will all be happy.

I think, and hope, you are right. Green is not the answer for any team - even possibly for just one season. If I were the dolphins i would make that trade regardless of what happens with Green. Otherwise, they have no future. A 3rd rounder is a small price to pay to get your potential franchise QB.

Clayton said that just 10 mins ago. He said the the trade will happen regardless of Trent Green unless the Redskins get a better offer.

Archived