Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is your favorite stand up comedian?

RobertGoulet

George Carlin, and yes Dane Cook is the worst thing to ever happen to stand up comedy.

Dave Chappelle's stand up they aired on comedy central a bunch of times was awesome...

I can also honestly say that as much as I have tried I have never gotten the chance to see anything Pryor has done :(

I think Jim Gaffigan, the guy on those sierra mist commercials, is probably my favorite right now. His DVD "beyond the pale" is so hilarious. Im also a fan of mitch hedberg, george carlin, dave chapelle, and of course richard prior.

What are some other favorites?

PS: Dane Cook sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw7xPaL56Ow

when seeing the thread title, he was the first person who popped in my head. that guy is the funniest person i've seen in quite some time. since you like Gaffigan so much you need to watch his cartoon "pale force".

metch hedberg was definatly a great comedian, carlin can be good while he's not on a liberal rant, chapelle had some good stuff, but sometimes got a little redundant, and i don't think i've heard prior's material.

one guy, kyle cease, i believe his name is, is pretty damn funny. i only heard him once, but he had me laughing my ass off.

edit: oh, and i heard Dane Cook one time, and i certainly wasn't impressed.

definitely Sinbad

Good choice. Any comedian can tell a funny joke (I hope!), but its hard to find someone who is consistently funny. I think Sinbad qualifies as a guy who I never seen do a routine that wasn't funny. I think Cedric the entertainer, Steve Harvey, and surprisingly (to me) Jeff Foxworthy are consistently funny.

I've had bigger laughs from other comedians but I think I would pay money to see anyone from that group.

1. no mentions of bill cosby? :wtf:

2. i'll never understand the love for george carlin. i've even seen him live. he sucks. he ranted for 2 hours and made me chuckle once or twice. i thought his head would explode at any given moment, and was thankful i was up in the cheap seats.

3. i'm not really up on the current stand up comics. but richard pryor, bill cosby, eddie murphy and chris rock (his first 2 cd's are off the charts funny) are all worthy of mention. i loved dennis leary's "no cure for cancer."

1. no mentions of bill cosby? :wtf:

2. i'll never understand the love for george carlin. i've even seen him live. he sucks. he ranted for 2 hours and made me chuckle once or twice. i thought his head would explode at any given moment, and was thankful i was up in the cheap seats.

3. i'm not really up on the current stand up comics. but richard pryor, bill cosby, eddie murphy and chris rock (his first 2 cd's are off the charts funny) are all worthy of mention. i loved dennis leary's "no cure for cancer."

Great calls on Dennis Leary and Eddie Murphy. Two of the very best.

Carlin is sometimes an angry fellow, yes, a lot of things he rants about will offend people. Other than that, he's one of the best speakers you'll ever hear...he's psychological and people like their intelligence challenged with his opinions. Yet, he always seems to make larger issues incredibly simple, which most of the time will get me to double up in laughter. Guy is one of the best, in my view.

Great calls on Dennis Leary and Eddie Murphy. Two of the very best.

Carlin is sometimes an angry fellow, yes, a lot of things he rants about will offend people. Other than that, he's one of the best speakers you'll ever hear...he's psychological and people like their intelligence challenged with his opinions. Yet, he always seems to make larger issues incredibly simple, which most of the time will get me to double up in laughter. Guy is one of the best, in my view.

maybe i caught him on a bad day. he was awful. for the first hour, it was just rant, rant, rant...then he decided he was going to rant and rant about the evil people that christians are. i found none of his stuff to be funny.

i've seen him on tv once or twice....still not funny. opinions always differ. i know a lot of people like him.

Bobby Slayton, and I dont care who is offended by it.

The guys has some of the best humor out there. Completely un-PC. Yet saying things that people think, and want to say.

He is called the Bulldog of Comedy.

I have seen Chapelle from the front row. I was barely laughing the whole night. Dane Cook is terrible, Carlin is funny, but you have to be in the right mindset (No I dont mean mentally altered state), Damon Wayons is flat out funny. And I give props to the ol' school guys that made me laugh too; Murphy, Foxx, Bruce, Pryor, etc.

Archived