Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Reeling Redskins awash in troubles

JeffSchmeff

G. Williams has got to come down off of his cloud and Steve Jackson has got to go!

No wonder the coners and safeties are not on the same page. They dont even work together or talk the same language! Them not meeting together is completely unheard of in my book. GW needs to nip this in the bud immediately and should have been from the start.

^^^^ Unwad the panties... this is a discussion board. As in, throwing things out for discussion.

Sorry if my comments don't sit right with you, but I stand by them. I've read so many posts on this board that want to blame AA for everything, including whether or not it rains on Fed Ex field on game days. It's really laughable and, yet, understandable in a way.

Many here would much rather convince themselves that we can "right the ship" by throwing one player overboard, rather than face the reality that the entire org is like the Titanic. Or maybe a better analogy is Mutiny on the Bounty.

"It is a fractured team that, frankly, needs the old Gibbs to intervene. A year ago, when the team was 5-6, he held player meetings, got the pulse of the locker room and rode Clinton Portis and a stout defense to the second round of the playoffs. It was vintage Gibbs; he personally willed them to January."

It's a good article and it's something we've all noticed on here all year. Gibbs seems to be letting the coordinators run everything and for 10 weeks now it hasn't worked.

It kinda sucks that Gibbs has to call player meetings and get in their faces to get them to play to be quite honest. He may have had to do this a few times in 12 years last time but with this team it would be almost a weekly thing. The article is basically saying that the team has no heart even though a lot of them are banking big bucks.

Oh, and Gregg Williams is arrogant. We've never said that here before, lol.

The only players in our secondary that are free agents after this season are:

Fox

Jimoh

Wright

I never even thought about Jimoh. But he doesnt start.

S. Sprigns expression on his face this year after every game shows that he is fed up. That to me pushes my eyes right at him for the comments.

I never even thought about Jimoh. But he doesnt start.

S. Sprigns expression on his face this year after every game shows that he is fed up. That to me pushes my eyes right at him for the comments.

I am not certain who made the comments but at this point I am entirely grateful towards that player since I can finally make a little sense of the disaster that has been the 2006 Redskins.

I am not certain who made the comments but at this point I am entirely grateful towards that player since I can finally make a little sense of the disaster that has been the 2006 Redskins.

Exactly what I've been thinking. I really don't care who said it, what's important is the message, not the messenger. And the message is a disastrous one for Skins fans. I'm sure whoever this player is, they've already made up their minds that they won't be part of the 2007 Skins. So, they probably don't care too much if their identity becomes public, because they badly want out of here anyway.

Your comments had no effect on me one way or the other...

I was merely suggesting you don't hyperventilate when people throw things out for discussion. But do what you will... :cheers:

Sorry but I have to slightly agree with her. AA has become the whipping post here at ES for some reason. No one is blaming ST or MW for the defenses woes. AA just seems to be any easy target since he hasn't had time to adjust to his new team.

Lets say the article is spot on. How hard do you think it would be for a brand new safety to adjust to a defensive scheme if the CB's and Safeties aren't on the same page? AA is biting on the play action but so is ST. Why would Lovie have such a hard on for the guy if he was washed up? Why would Williams promise him he would blitz yet never blitz him? I think AA is a much better player than most here at ES give him credit for. Don't be suprised to see him eventually make an impact for this team, if he's used correctly.

Speaking of using people correctly. Why is it the Redskins want the players to adjust to the system instead of the coaches adjusting the system to the players? We need to tailor this team to the strength of the personnel instead of arrogantly forcing a coaches system down their throats.

Sorry but I have to slightly agree with her. AA has become the whipping post here at ES for some reason. No one is blaming ST or MW for the defenses woes. AA just seems to be any easy target since he hasn't had time to adjust to his new team.

Lets say the article is spot on. How hard do you think it would be for a brand new safety to adjust to a defensive scheme if the CB's and Safeties aren't on the same page? AA is biting on the play action but so is ST. Why would Lovie have such a hard on for the guy if he was washed up? Why would Williams promise him he would blitz yet never blitz him? I think AA is a much better player than most here at ES give him credit for. Don't be suprised to see him eventually make an impact for this team, if he's used correctly.

Speaking of using people correctly. Why is it the Redskins want the players to adjust to the system instead of the coaches adjusting the system to the players? We need to tailor this team to the strength of the personnel instead of arrogantly forcing a coaches system down their throats.

I'll tell you why, it's because he's white! :laugh: jk But seriously, I don't understand the AA bashing? I know he gave up the Witten play, but come on, there are plenty of other players and coaches to blame.

I'll tell you why, it's because he's white! :laugh: jk But seriously, I don't understand the AA bashing? I know he gave up the Witten play, but come on, there are plenty of other players and coaches to blame.

Trashing AA has been a convenient way for many to try and convince themselves that our problems are only superficial - just get rid of AA and maybe 1 or 2 others and all will be right in Redskinland.

But the ESPN article has now blown the lid off of the pot and proven how simplistic that thinking has been. When the ENTIRE D stinks, it ain't caused by the struggles of 1 or 2 players. The problems on this unit go right to the top man and that's GW. Everything that happens on the D is under his direct control and supervision. And what has and is still happening to this unit is not pretty nor easily straightened out.

Trashing AA has been a convenient way for many to try and convince themselves that our problems are only superficial - just get rid of AA and maybe 1 or 2 others and all will be right in Redskinland.

But the ESPN article has now blown the lid off of the pot and proven how simplistic that thinking has been. When the ENTIRE D stinks, it ain't caused by the struggles of 1 or 2 players. The problems on this unit go right to the top man and that's GW. Everything that happens on the D is under his direct control and supervision. And what has and is still happening to this unit is not pretty nor easily straightened out.

I agree completely with you, I've been an AA supporter throughout, I even bet my avatar on him before the Dallas game, I kinda lost that one though lol

I wish anybody but Tom friend had wrote this article. :(

Tom has the utmost respect for JG and I bet that Joe read this before it ever went to press.

This defense should be playing a lot better than what we have seen on the field.

I don't care who the source is, we have some serious problems, on offense and defense.

IMO, this is to good of a team to be 3-7, but thats what we are, oh well, I will be watching tomorrow and hoping for some sort of turn around.

I expect us to kick the :panthersu :whippin:

Yes I am a die hard fan that will not quit on this team. :logo:

If this team quits on me then I am SOL. :)

I agree completely with you, I've been an AA supporter throughout, I even bet my avatar on him before the Dallas game, I kinda lost that one though lol

After reading about what has been going on with the secondary this year (ESPN article), I can't justify pointing the finger at any one player, CB or safety. They've all struggled this year, some more than others. At least now we have some semblance of a reason as to why and it's really astounding to read what's been happening in terms of the coaching, or lack thereof. Every single player in the secondary has taken a huge step backwards in terms of the quality of their play from last season. But, it's easy now to understand why - you've got two coaches acting like spoiled brats, a unit that should be cohesive but hasn't even been meeting as a unit, a DC (or asst. head coach of whatever his title is) who thinks he's the Second Coming, and God knows what else that has taken place.

If it weren't so damn sad, it would be funny - kinda like the Keystone Cops. But none of us are laughing, are we?

You know, I was sitting here thinking that usually when the media puts out an article attacking the Redskins, Redskins.com will immediately post a rebuttal on the site, discounting the article and saying that it is false, as they have done many times in the past when the Washington Post has printed a critical or "inaccurate" article. Well, I don't see any spin control coming out of the Redskins regarding THIS article. Makes me wonder of someone with the Skins F.O. WANTS that article to be read in order to turn up the pressure on the coaching staff???

Guest Rafterman
You know, I was sitting here thinking that usually when the media puts out an article attacking the Redskins, Redskins.com will immediately post a rebuttal on the site, discounting the article and saying that it is false, as they have done many times in the past when the Washington Post has printed a critical or "inaccurate" article. Well, I don't see any spin control coming out of the Redskins regarding THIS article. Makes me wonder of someone with the Skins F.O. WANTS that article to be read in order to turn up the pressure on the coaching staff???
:applause:

Great point.

The spinmeisters are conspicuous by their absence. ;)

Plus the fact that it's damn hard to put a positive spin on 3-7. :D

You know, I think it's time Gregg hands the keys to Greg Blache (who does have the players trust, just look how tightly woven the D-Line is) and take whoever wants to leave out the door with him. Blache, IMO, has always been the guy that should have coached this defense. He's had good results (Chicago for example), and seems well respected.

This is my idea:

-can GW

-Give Blache the keys

-get rid of Jackson and maybe even Gray

-Keep Lindsey

This team has totally fallen apart and it's depressing. I really thought this was one of the more close knitted teams, but a few things, and now it's fallen all apart. We really probably need to thin out the offensive staff too. When you look back at it, Bill Maas was probably right.

BTW, does Jackson even know how to ******* coach??? You read the receivers instead of the QB as a safety??? What a ******* idiot!

Archived