Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Yes it was Gibbs who started the white home jersies back in about 1979 when he took over. I think he did it because the cowgirls used their whites for home. He was very stubborn about this too. That is why the unis have been the way they are since '79.

All Buragndy.....no thank you.

All white.....no thank you.

Black.....no thank you.

They can wear bedazzled maroon tops, yellow pants and black bunny slippers as long as they win, as far as I am concerned. :)

In all "seriousness" I like the White tops just because that's what the team wore when I was growing up and they were going to superbowls every 3 years or so. Kinda fell in love with those unis.

sorry if this was already posted

I was curious, so I counted the times this has been merged.

Congrats on having been the 70th person since July-13th-2006 to be so concerned about laundry that they thought it was such an important idea that they figured no one else has had that concern before, thus negating their responsibility to actually search for an existing thread.

The white jerseys are cooler in the summertime. They don't absorb the sunlight like the darker jerseys do. Wear the whites at home and make the visiting team wear their dark uniforms. I was always a fan of the white on white, even though it was Spurrier who came up with that combination :doh:

Personally, I would like for us to shift away from the burgundy pants to the old school gold pants. Our home jerseys would be white tops with gold pants. Our away jerseys would be the burgundy tops with gold pants. That would be tight!

Yes it was Gibbs who started the white home jersies back in about 1979 when he took over. I think he did it because the cowgirls used their whites for home. He was very stubborn about this too. That is why the unis have been the way they are since '79.

All Buragndy.....no thank you.

All white.....no thank you.

Black.....no thank you.

Joe Gibbs first year as Head Coach was 1981.

Since it has been almost 30 years since we have had a uniform change, I for one would love to see the skins in different unis.

Burgandy shirts with gold pants. Not to look like the 70's unis, but a more modern form of the old unis.

Agreed. The Skins haven't changed their uniforms since 1979, when disco was still popular. The only team to go longer than that without any kind of change is the Raiders...who will NEVER change.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering what were people's personal preference with the Skins uniform. I'm not talking about going back to the old uniforms but just a simple dark or light preference. I think mine is based off of mostly growing up during the Gibbs era and I know he loves the white uni's. I think the white uniforms for any team looks better than the dark uniforms and I believe it is because of Gibbs. I've ran into other people and for whatever reason people like their primary color for uniforms in any sport. So anyhow I was just wondering as the offseason will make you do, what is your preference, I think the skins current white uniforms look awesome with just the right amounts of burgundy and gold mixed in (not the all white but the burgundy pants). If you were buying a replica jersey would you want it to be white or burgundy?

There is no need for the white uni's anymore, I don't think any TV broadcaster broadcasts in Black and white anymore. That was the reason for the white uniforms in the first place, one team wore dark and the other white so you could tell which team was which in black and white tv.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I see these posted every few months so I figured lets give it another go. With the Zorn era beginning, I'm getting a huge feeling of change. Not just new coaches and players, but that the Skins are finally changing the way they do things. I've been opposed to changing the uniforms in the past due to nostalgia and I still don't think they should drastically change them but it would be nice to see them modernize them a bit. Maybe alter the logo, or add some different style stripes to the pants. You get the point. But no color changes.

So does anyone else have some ideas they would like to see if the Skins were to change them.