Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Both teams wearing gold pants??

Thats a uniform rules violation, i'm pretty sure.

I haven't double-checked this, but there have been about 16,000 matchups in NFL history during which both teams wear the same color pants.

Check out images from Super Bowl XLV (Steelers vs. Packers).

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins

Right. But both teams only had one pant color (except an alternate). Limited choice

I'm giving you a hard time, but I honestly don't think there is any rule about pant colors. How many times have you seen two teams both wearing white pants (one with white jerseys and the other with dark jersies).

I can think of many times it's happened just with the Redskins over the past few years where either team could have been forced to wear dark pants. In 2006 alone (I'm choosing that year since we started with white on white) I can think of two just off the top of my head:

Vikings (purple over white) at Redskins (white over white) 2006

Colts (blue over white) at Redskins (white over white) 2006

NFL rules only require one team to wear a jersey with color and the other has to wear white. The rest of the uniform is irrelevant.

Except for certain circumstances, like the Cowboys Chief game pic I posted. That was the year of the AFL Anniversary.

Somebody mentioned we don't have burgundy pants this year? If that is the case, what is the third pants color? You can only have three, so are we only rolling with two?

Except for certain circumstances, like the Cowboys Chief game pic I posted. That was the year of the AFL Anniversary.

Somebody mentioned we don't have burgundy pants this year? If that is the case, what is the third pants color? You can only have three, so are we only rolling with two?

True. I see it with regards to the throwbacks since some teams only have one throwback and not a home and away throwback.

As has been stated, there's no rule about the pant colors being the same for both teams. If the Redskins don't have the burgundy pants in the arsenal this year, I suspect it would be white-on-gold (like they did in the preseason game at Tenn). I know that last year they didn't have the burgundy pants because of the throwbacks, but I haven't heard that to be the case this year so for all I know they do in fact have the option of burgundy pants. As long as it's not white jerseys at home I'm good!

White on gold. We don't have burgundy pants this year.

WoW, I didn't know that!  That's something.  The default image of The Redskins in my mind's eye is the White on Burgundy look.

And so long as uniforms aren't the putrid burgundy on burgundy, who cares what we wear?

Agreed.  It looks ridiculous when NFL teams rock this look for their dominant color.  That should stay in high school (although, I've always been fond of Clemson going with the all orange).

I wouldn't mind seeing the white on white once in a while. 

I liked the White on Whites too.  I've always liked the all white road uniform.  It seems rather elegant.  

And for the record StephenB, your man cave looks amazing!  Very well done sir!  (The "go for 2" literally made me laugh out loud)

It would be cool if they pulled these helmets out of storage 

<Yellow monstrosity>

which Vince Lombardi had designed when he came to DC to resemble the look of the Packers helmet.

It would be even better if they lost the key to the storage locker. The fact that they were meant to look like Packer helmets makes them even more revolting.

Hopefully they wear the right uniform in my avatar. I don't think my eyes could stand two sets of yellow pants.

Edited by Hunter_R
  • Like 2