Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I like the all burgundy unis, but they should wear a throwback atleast 2 times a year even if it's a minor change like the 82 helmets. Would love to see the gold pant, along with the burgundy and gold old school sox...

They definitely should wear all burgundy, the 'spear helmet' uniform (70th), and Gold helmet uniforms (75th) more often.

Edited by SKINchiefer

I think we kind of need to tweak the uniforms. Let's face it, the unis we have are timeless and classic, but many other teams have kept the main parts of the uniforms while making some changes. I like what the lions did to their uniforms and the seahawks and patriots have made similar changes in the past. Our uniforms are too 90's and need a little tweaking

I couldn't disagree more. I really hope we don't tweak our jerseys.

I think we kind of need to tweak the uniforms. Let's face it, the unis we have are timeless and classic, but many other teams have kept the main parts of the uniforms while making some changes. I like what the lions did to their uniforms and the seahawks and patriots have made similar changes in the past. Our uniforms are too 90's and need a little tweaking

You just named three of the most Heinous jerseys in the NFL. There is nothing worse then junking up a timeless classic with new color combos and edgy logos. If you want a jersey thats more fashion forward then go route for the seahawks. That metallic Blue Green looks like its something from a bad "all sport" commercial.

Burgundy and Gold are the team colors, not white, not yellow but burgundy and gold. I love the 70th retro and the burgundy over burgundy looked really good as well but could be really hot on early season afternoon games. I would love burgundy with true gold trim with gold or even white pants but NO white on white anymore PLEASE!

Burgundy and Gold are the team colors, not white, not yellow but burgundy and gold. I love the 70th retro and the burgundy over burgundy looked really good as well but could be really hot on early season afternoon games. I would love burgundy with true gold trim with gold or even white pants but NO white on white anymore PLEASE!

agreed .. no white on white it's TOO bland looking

I like our uniforms i just don't like our helmets, i never have liked that Indian head logo, me personally i like the feathers i seen on our helmets before, but they can make the feathers look classier and darken the shade of Burgundy a bit. If it was me that's the change i would try.. Helmets and deepen the burgundy a bit..

If we get new unis, they should be throwbacks.

I really liked the 70th anniversary uniforms (it's what both New York teams ultimately did as well). If the team wearing them had been a little more successful, people would remember them more fondly.

Everything about those uniforms was sharp. If we wore a white and burgundy version of those and maybe wore the current uniforms once per season, I'd be very happy!

I love the unis that look like football unis (Skins, old Jets, Packers, old Pats pre-Elvis, almost any throwback except Jets (Titans) and Iggles (pukey pastel blue/yellow), Browns, KC, etc.).

I hate any unis that make the team look like roller-derby or jai-alai contestants (Titans, Broncos, Pats, Bengals, etc.).

This is football not ballet. If a uni is not going to be enhanced by a mud stain and a piece of turf sticking out of a player's facemask, it doesn't belong.

I initially didn't like the white on white either but the fact is, the year we made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs we wore white on white and last year when we started off 6-2, we wore white on white. If you ask me, we should stick with white on white. I'm by no means superstitious but...

Edited by CounterTrey75

I love our uniforms just the way they are. Why mess up a good thing?

Whoever mentioned the Seahawks uniforms needs a prescription for glasses, or else give them a taste test because we already know they're blind folded. :P Those uniforms are HIDEOUS!

Allow me to list some of the best and worse of the NFL (in no particular rank) IMO....

Worst:

Seahawks

Browns

Packers

Giants (what ever happened to those cool ones from the 80s?)

Jets (Again, see above note. ^ )

Steelers (probably the best of the bad)

Bills

Raiders

Colts

All of the above mentioned could use a change in uniforms. I give the Steelers a pass though because they look good enough and there's a winning tradition with those there. Colts Giants and Raiders aren't that bad but still bad. As for some others, I think the Seahawks, Bills, and Patriots all ruined their uniforms by the change. The Bills always had bad uniforms IMO but they made them even worse and completely unberably hideous by doing that. The Patriots looked much better in the brighter blue Jersey. Still they're silver helmets/pants helps offset any negative effects of the too dark blue Jerseys. On a side note, what is it with every NFL team's fascination with blue? I count close to HALF (14 specifically) of the teams in the ENTIRE NFL that wear some shade of blue! And the majority of those wear a dark dark navy blue. What's up with that?

The NFL needs alot more variety in colors; specifically brighter colors.

As for the best:

Redskins

Broncos

Cardinals

Cheifs

Bengals

Panthers

Dolphins

All that being said, I still prefer the orange Bronco jersey's over the blue. I think WAY too many NFL teams have switched to blue Jersey's and there's not much distinction anymore. That and there's hardly anybody who wears orange or red in their uniforms. The Bronco orange used to be synonomous with their franchise. I used to think of that color any time I would think of the Bronco's team growing up, so it's a disapointment when they don't wear that color.

As for the Redskins, I think what we have now is just right. Don't mess with a good thing.

Edited by JoeKnowsBest