Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Brunells last oppurtunity

Lavarleap56

interesting faq, after the same number of completions as our opposing qb, we had exactly half the yardage. Anyone care to explain that? Other than they just don't give a s***?

He's a ____ coward and that's why Lloyd went nuts (though he ostensibly was upset with Lazor, I don't buy it.)

I'm not watching anymore games this year if Mark is starting. I don't understand his stubborn refusal to not scan the field for other receivers. He was doing it in the first half and WHAT DO YOU KNOW? It worked! Then in the second half he went back to his good old checkdowns to Ladell Betts. No wonder Brandon Lloyd was throwing a fit on the sidelines; his quarterback is so damn inadequate that he can't even spot a wide open receiver and get him the ball.

Fire burnell he is a stupid, hard headed, immature idiot, and not a leader. He reminds of someone else I had to deal with today who was more like a 40 yr old kid who claims to be a leader. Two most helpful words to say an a hole like that??? YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

You have in life those who are leaders and take care of and motivate others, and those who pretend to be leaders who constantly need taken care of like 3 yr olds, and spend most of the day with thier hand out or taking a nap. The latter is a drag on any team or leadership organization. Time to get out the hammer on his immature behind and use it. bye mark. You had the chance of a lifetime and blew it like an idiot, over and over again. Now get out of the way so a real team can be formed.

At 2-5, it's gonna be a little too late for that.

Joe Gibbs has his head up his ass with this determination to stick with the vet. We need changes and it starts at the top.

I'm afraid the problems with this team are deeper than the quarterback. The problems are the coaches, so they can do what they want. Until some coaching leadership emerges, this team will continue to suck.

I'm afraid the problems with this team are deeper than the quarterback. The problems are the coaches, so they can do what they want. Until some coaching leadership emerges, this team will continue to suck.

I agree, but a QB change could give this team some sort of spark. Look how much it has helped Tampa

I honestly think the change will happen now. Did you see Campbell on the sidelines...endlessly taking notes. Brunell would have worked in Gibbs' system, but it is now Saunders' system. Campbell is much better suited to it. I think Campbell starts against Dallass. :2cents:

I think the team is beginning to turn on Brunell and gibbs' decision to support him. The oline doesn't want to block for him, and no one wants run routes longer than 10 yards because they know they will never even see the ball.

I honestly think the change will happen now. Did you see Campbell on the sidelines...endlessly taking notes. Brunell would have worked in Gibbs' system, but it is now Saunders' system. Campbell is much better suited to it. I think Campbell starts against Dallass. :2cents:

Actually, GIbbs system changed. Brunell was terrible for any system that wasn't a WCO. Gibbs system, at least how it was meant to be run, was a pocket passing offense. Sure, there is some movement but it's not THAT different from a Saunders, except the running game.

Brunell has now made two offensive 'geniuses' look like crap as they tried to invent new ways to mask his deficiencies.

I think the team is beginning to turn on Brunell and gibbs' decision to support him. The oline doesn't want to block for him, and no one wants run routes longer than 10 yards because they know they will never even see the ball.

I want a change too at this point, but if there is a shred of truth to the OL not "wanting" to block for Brunell, then we have MUCH bigger issues.

Brunnel may have bought himself another week with that last TD drive, Why else would they have kept him in there? and gave him a shot to score a meaningless TD and a Meaningless 2pc. Gibbs was trying ou Brunnel one last time before he made his decision.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9744538QUARTERBACK CAROUSEL

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs has maintained that he has not been ready to change quarterbacks. But now might be a different story.

One source close to the situation said prior to Sunday's loss to the Colts that if Washington lost to fall to 2-5, the team would be forced to go to former first-round pick Jason Campbell in place of veteran Mark Brunell.

At this point, it might be best for the future of the Redskins franchise. The team needs to discover whether or not Campbell can play and whether the Redskins can build their team around him.

The Redskins' fifth loss may mean Mark Brunell's days as a starter are numbered.

Brunell is 36 and has shown what Washington will get from him -- a record-setting performance one week, and struggles the next. The Redskins playoff hopes are nearly dashed -- have you seen their remaining schedule? It's brutal! -- but they still have plenty of questions to answer this season. It might be time to start getting some answers.

Asked last week about a potential quarterback change, Gibbs said: "I'm not afraid to change anything. And I don't think I would hesitate to change anything. Whatever is best for our football team. But certainly right now, changing Mark, I don't think that's the answer."

This week the answer might be different.

I think after this, Gibbs should swallow his pride with Brunell and give Campbell a chance against Dallas. He does offer more mobility, and he is poised in the pocket when I seen him play in the preseason. Rocket arm is definitely something he has, never hurts to try something new for a spark when it appears everything is going downhill.

Fire burnell he is a stupid, hard headed, immature idiot, and not a leader. He reminds of someone else I had to deal with today who was more like a 40 yr old kid who claims to be a leader. Two most helpful words to say an a hole like that??? YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

Are you talking about George Bush? :laugh:

Archived