Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Brunells last oppurtunity

Lavarleap56

I dont come on here to post BS and waste peoples time. At the end of the day we dont know how it will play out but all i can say is what i was told by really more than one person this information. The offense isnt consistant because we only do a few things well in the passing game due to brunell, we have recievers running open on a consistent basis and there not even getting looked at on most occassions.

I dont know if JC is the right guy for the job or not but i do know members of the team think he is the right guy and the right guy for this season.

I did not say you were making anything up. You even said in your title RUMOR. I was giving my opinion.

Here's my off-the-cuff, go out on a limb prediction for this game:

Brunell will have a breakout game like he did against the Jags.

But it will all come down to a field goal.

Nick Novak will kick the game winner with just a few seconds left...in the dome, there is no wind, and the 47-yard kick will be straight and true... :point2sky

Redskins 37

Colts 34

BOOK IT!!! :cheers:

Anybody who thinks Jason Campbell is going to make this team better is kidding themselves.

i guarantee if Jason Campbell starts the Dallas game and finishes the season, over those 9 games, he will throw at least 20 interceptions. GUARANTEED.

I don't think anyone is even HINTING at the possibility that Jason Campbell is going to turn things around this season.

However, at some point... you've got to see what you got with the man that you've invested 3 high draft picks for 2 years ago. He's the future of this team.

And if this team is primed for a Super Bowl run in the next 2-3 years... I think we'd all rather have a QB with more than 0 starts.

If Campbell starts this season... we just want to see some development. Is it really that difficult to comprehend?

At this point.... you'd have to give him at least 8 starts this year and all 16 starts next season to form a definitive evaluation.

God forbid Gibbs was wrong about Campbell... that might set this franchise back about 5 years.

Howie Long said we need a QB change... That means the national media is starting to lose faith in Brunell which means a change will soon be coming.

Screw Howie Long.

Joe Theismann said the same thing. And he also said that Gibbs kept him in games where he should probably be benched.

How do we know that they wont go to Collins though? The guy that was behind him in KC is doing pretty damned good right now, isn't he?

Just passing this along to the masses. I had a conversasion yesterday with someone that is a VERY reliable source in regards to the redskins. I was told that members of the offensive team are starting to get disgruntaled with the QB play and a change IS being considerd. Depending on how the colts game plays out and specifically the play at QB it is a strong possibility that JC will be getting ready for Dallas after our bye week.

Take it for what it is worth but i dont post on here often but dopnt post BS either so enjoy.

I don't know if someone psoted this earlier, cause I didn't feel like reading every single post, but yo.. I hope that's not the case because that means we lose this game, and I do not want a lost today.

I don't think anyone is even HINTING at the possibility that Jason Campbell is going to turn things around this season.

However, at some point... you've got to see what you got with the man that you've invested 3 high draft picks for 2 years ago. He's the future of this team.

And if this team is primed for a Super Bowl run in the next 2-3 years... I think we'd all rather have a QB with more than 0 starts.

If Campbell starts this season... we just want to see some development. Is it really that difficult to comprehend?

At this point.... you'd have to give him at least 8 starts this year and all 16 starts next season to form a definitive evaluation.

God forbid Gibbs was wrong about Campbell... that might set this franchise back about 5 years.

I think this is the first time I've 100% agreed with one of your posts!!! IF, and God forbid it as you said, Gibbs is wrong about Campbell then they need to go on a QB hunt this offseason. I started a thread about the way Synder throws around money and he didn't go get one this off-season, like what Brees is doing in NO.

Pretty much sounds like where we were in 2004, but with both 04 and 06 we dont know for SURE that another guy won't come in and play better. The problem with 04 was waiting until it was too late to make a playoff push. By getting a guy in later, he needs more time to hit a groove and our D isn't up to snuff at this point.

It's like Gibbs is intent on losing consistently with Brunell rather than face the possibility that we might lose some games with someone else.

And 05 was a freakin' mirage. People talk about the team like we killed worldbeaters last year. Ryan Fitzgerald--THIRD string Rams QB. Arizona pre-Leinart. A battered Eagles team with McMahon starting and we damn near lost because of a gentleman named Brunell and his ineffectiveness. Our O wasn't that great and if we run that O, we're going to kill Portis (unless we run Betts/Rock/Duckett much more) and we'll be WASTING Lloyd and ARE.

I dont know if it's true or not but I sure hope it's true. Seeing how Brunell was so calm and carefree after the loss to the Titans made me sick thinking this guy is the 'leader' of our offense.

So you would prefer your leader to be the one that would show that he is worried.:rolleyes:

I suspect this rumor is true. The part that bothers me, and no one is talking about, is that our "powers that be" shouldn't be blabbing inside information to the media anonymously, or their golfing buddies for that matter. Given that Saunders has leaked his displeasure with Portis (documented) and Brunell (credible rumor), I suspect it's him.

Gibbs should have a little "man to man" about this matter. If it turns out to be Cerrato, I think a quiet decapitation is in order.

I suspect this rumor is true. The part that bothers me, and no one is talking about, is that our "powers that be" shouldn't be blabbing inside information to the media anonymously, or their golfing buddies for that matter. Given that Saunders has leaked his displeasure with Portis (documented) and Brunell (credible rumor), I suspect it's him.

Gibbs should have a little "man to man" about this matter. If it turns out to be Cerrato, I think a quiet decapitation is in order.

i understand what your saying but i kind of like al saunders honesty.

i understand what your saying but i kind of like al saunders honesty.
I loved the signing too but it seems to be for not, Gibbs openly said he and the front office didn't think it'd be that hard to progress into Saunders' offense and now that's the excuse we're looking towards.

It also seems, from what little I've gotten to hear of Saunders, that he's go sour grapes over not getting one of the many vacate HC jobs out there this year. If you really think about it, why didn't he get one???

That being the case we Boonell is done for.

He couldn't get the offense moving as efficiently as the Colts. We are down 2 touchdowns, and now will have to throw the ball... And, Boonell doesn't have the talent to carry the time for a miraculous finish.

He did it once! But, that was a fluke!:point2sky

Hello Campbell... I know its early but GOOD GOD here we go throwing screens and 2yard slants while playing from behind..I have conceeded this season. I just can not believe what i am seeing from this team i am just HEARTBROKEN. This is unbelievable It's over.

Why is it that everyone except JG, sees that MB skills have declined significantly. He's limping on and off the field, he can't escape pass rushers, and makes no attempts to turn the ball upfield when he thinks no WR is open. The future is now, I thought we could come in and play hard, make a statement due to Philly losing but, I guess not.

Oh my well look what just happened! The colts have a 13pt lead and they are still throwing downfield...I wish we had that type of killer instinct. Hell if we get a 3pt lead we run, run and run until we run out of time to win the game. I am just sick. We have the players to win, so that tells me its COACHING, POLITICS, BS and Joe's friend "Mark"

There is no reason NOT to see what Campbell can do now. Our division is too good to think we're suddenly going to come back from the bye week and run the table. I will be pissed if Campbell isn't the starter next game. And i don't care if we lose the rest of the games this year IF he's starting. We HAVE to find our QB for the future, and i sure as hell don't want to wait until next spring to find out through the draft, FA, or seeing a completely green Campbell week 1 next year....

Archived