Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Brunells last oppurtunity

Lavarleap56

His 1st read seems to be Moss, then he goes right to his 4th or 5th checkdown. Its insane.

and no, his deep passes are off more than not.

big deal he is the #1 look at Steve Smith they look at him every single play, do you hear them screaming like us :doh:

Maybe the others are not open as much, hmmm

he did throw to lloyd on a lot of plays yesterday

i still fault the playcalling, if you want to open it up trust the ol or bring in others to help block

big deal he is the #1 look at Steve Smith they look at him every single play, do you hear them screaming like us :doh:

Maybe the others are not open as much, hmmm

he did throw to lloyd on a lot of plays yesterday

i still fault the playcalling, if you want to open it up trust the ol or bring in others to help block

:doh: You are NOT watching or understanding the games. The IDEA is to look at a #2 or #3 receiver once in a while, not go straight to a RB who will probably be hit because the box is stacked.. Delhomme does that. :doh: Yes the others ARE OPEN QUITE OFTEN(and streaking downfield).:doh: ASaunders can't call plays for a QB with a noodle arm who plays scared AND won't scan the field. :doh:Yes, ALOT of those third down plays were called to the RB, and that was hideous playcalling, but I'm talking about when Brunell DOES look to Moss and then goes right to a RB. :doh: He can't trust an OL that is getting blitzed on most plays because they are stacking the box BECAUSE THE QB IS INEFFECTIVE, which kills the running game. I give up trying to explain this. Some people just want to make up their own fantasies and believe our QB can still compete. I pity them.:doh:

have you seen the schedule, the playoffs start now

you CAN'T give up already. like I said we are only 3 games out. Are you telling me you believe we CAN'T beat the cowgirls,g-men, and the feagles 1 time this season? You'd rather forfeit? We BEAT Jax. We hung in closer than I thought to the Colts.

Sorry I am not ready to give up this season. I guess Gibbs isn't either.

:doh: You are NOT watching or understanding the games. The IDEA is to look at a #2 or #3 receiver once in a while, not go straight to a RB who will probably be hit because the box is stacked.. Delhomme does that. :doh: Yes the others ARE OPEN QUITE OFTEN(and streaking downfield).:doh: ASaunders can't call plays for a QB with a noodle arm who plays scared AND won't scan the field. :doh: :doh: He can't trust an OL that is getting blitzed on most plays because they are stacking the box BECAUSE THE QB IS INEFFECTIVE, which kills the running game. I give up trying to explain this. Some people just want to make up their own fantasies and believe our QB can still compete. I pity them.:doh:

so if you can not trust the OL then how on earth can you throw it deep, you just pointed out what I said

Marks first reads are the flats, because of his OL his terrible, maybe if we max protect some of the time we would have a chance, wait a minute people were screaming when Spurrier had rb block a blitzer, oh wait that is happening again :doh:

you CAN'T give up already. like I said we are only # games out. Are you telling me you believe we CAN'T beat the cowgirls,g-men, and the feagles 1 time this season? You'd rather forfeit? We BEAT Jax. We hung in closer than I thought to the Colts.

Sorry I am not ready to give up this season. I guess Gibbs isn't either.

i said our playoffs start now, we can not lose

Only thing that pissed me off is that the coaching staff is (just NOW?) STARTING to get disgruntled with the QB play.

I did not get the sense from post game interviews, etc. that the coaching staff is beginning to get disgruntled with the QB play. They should! But they are still saying the same old BS that "we are in this together"....."it is the entire team"...... I am sick of hearing this. I know Jason Campbell is probably not the missing piece that will get the Skins on the winning track, but if we are going to lose, we might as well lose with a young quarterback while getting him some valuable playing time. If anybody thinks Jason Campbell on the bench is helping him out for next year is crazy, because he takes 0 snaps with the first or second teams. He basically runs the scout team in practice, how does that prepare him for next year. Basically, I see this thing playing out like this: Brunell starts for about 5 more games. Collins comes in for 2 games, wins one, loses one badly. Campbell plays the last two games and then we start next year over because a young QB is playing and he will go through some growing pains that he could have gone through this year.

If Campbell does not play against the Cowboys he will be put in the game after. Because at that point we will be basically Mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs so Campbell will be put in to see what he has to offer.

BTW who was the idiot announcer during the game yesterday who said Redskins will have to pick another QB in the draft?

Can we be disgruntled with the team as a whole?

Sure, Brunell hasn't played all that well. But neither has Samuels, Jansen, Cooley, Rabach, Dockery, Carter, Marshall, Washington, Taylor, Wright, Rumph, Archeluta....the list goes on and on. Very few players are playing well, and even they can't produce on the field with some much of them team underachieving.

So what! I'm so tired of everybody saying we won't win with JC. We aren't winning with Brunell. A change has to made sometime. You can piss away 6 years of 'almost made it'. Time to realize that Brunell will not take the skins to the SB......sure last year was good, but let me tell you something....without the defense we had, we wouldn't of finished with a winning record. If JC is the future, lets use this year to groom him and hopefully we can make a decent run next year. Who knows, there may be a SB in the next few years. Every start that Brunell takes is one less game of experience for JC and pushes our SB hopes further back.

And as far as JC not being able to win.....maybe if we showed some confidence in him like the Steelers showed Big Ben and the Giants showed Manning, he may do well. How many years did Ben play before making the playoffs....hmmmm. If nothing else, JC brings hope...something we don't get from Brunnell. I'm tired of seeing the other team put up 28 points and knowing that Brunnell hasn't put that kind of score up except once in a blue moon playing some third grade team.

Jason Campbell hasn't seen a snap in practice in a month. Jason Campbell is not going to do a dam thing for this team in the immediate future. The answer is to bring in Collins who knows the offense. If they bring in Campbell now then they are admitting the season is over. Joe Gibbs would never do that. Once the season is mathmatically over then Jason Campbell can start.

Jason Campbell hasn't seen a snap in practice in a month. Jason Campbell is not going to do a dam thing for this team in the immediate future. The answer is to bring in Collins who knows the offense. If they bring in Campbell now then they are admitting the season is over. Joe Gibbs would never do that. Once the season is mathmatically over then Jason Campbell can start.

Not true JC and collins got reps this wek while brunell was sitting with his toe injury.

First of all I am ready to see what JC can do and to get him ready for the future. Second our play calling doesn't seem to be working (2 weeks in a row against the 32nd rush defense and not enough CP). Third our tackling is horid. All this leads us to look forward to next season.

It's my firm belief that MB gives us our best chance to win RIGHT NOW. However, 2 more losses, and winning right now becomes totally irrelevant. So why not give JC some second half time, possibly situational stuff, give him a few plays that he's comfortable with, and get him up to speed with the NFL game? Then, when this season is literally and not just probably over, he'll be more likely to play well and build confidence.

Archived