Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Brunells last oppurtunity

Lavarleap56

I suspect this rumor is true. The part that bothers me, and no one is talking about, is that our "powers that be" shouldn't be blabbing inside information to the media anonymously, or their golfing buddies for that matter. Given that Saunders has leaked his displeasure with Portis (documented) and Brunell (credible rumor), I suspect it's him.

Gibbs should have a little "man to man" about this matter. If it turns out to be Cerrato, I think a quiet decapitation is in order.

I've actually heard that Cerrato's main job is to walk around the office and be a mole for snyder...

Gibbs's blind loyalty to Brunell sickens me.

The unceremonious benching of Ramsey last year left a bad taste in my mouth. I had almost forgotten about it until now. How long do you think it would have taken Ramsey to get the hook if he were playing like this? If Brunell were Ramsey, he would have never made it back to the field after having his toenail removed last week. What exactly did Ramsey do in that game that was any worse than what Brunell has done here the past 3 years? This is getting freaking ridiculous. There will be mutiny if #8 suits up against Dallas.

Just passing this along to the masses. I had a conversasion yesterday with someone that is a VERY reliable source in regards to the redskins. I was told that members of the offensive team are starting to get disgruntaled with the QB play and a change IS being considerd. Depending on how the colts game plays out and specifically the play at QB it is a strong possibility that JC will be getting ready for Dallas after our bye week.

Take it for what it is worth but i dont post on here often but dopnt post BS either so enjoy.

I think our offensive team should be disgruntled with their OWN play. They be sucking!!!!!

"NO I was referring to hitlery and kennedy........."

now that's funny! in all fairness.....hillary isn't anything like Hitler: he knew what he wanted and stood for (evil as that might have been) at all times. hillary...like her husband...is a weather vane.

but we digress....

why not????

what could be the worst thing that can happen??????????????

we loose??????????

This is pretty much what I have been saying for the last couple weeks. We're 2-5. Regardless how the standings in the rest of the Division look, that's not good. The same time, the team has show zero sign of improvement. Get Rocky in there and play him. Get Jason in there and play him. Find a bench for Archuletta to keep warm since it's starting to get chilly out.

There is no upside to this season at all, other than getting guys ready for next year. It doesn't mean I love this team any less, but I don't want to see them embarass themselves further by continuing what they're doing. Opposing Defenses don't respect us. Opposing Offenses throw and run against us. How can it possibly be worse?

I'll believe that Brunell will be sitting when I actually see it.

I don't think that Brunell will be pulled out until we're 100% out of the playoffs.

I tend to agree.

It its pretty sad that even went the announcers were saying Mark needs to start going for yards, and stop with the dump offs in the 3rd. He threw 3 dumpoffs in a row. That's a man who knows he's done.

I hope this means that they are confident in JC and feel he is ready to start against complex NFL defenses rather than a complete lack of confidence in Brunell.

Boy I hope that was true before they traded into the 1st round to get him.

Yeah, I don't think Brunell actually played that horrifically yesterday. If Novak makes his field goals, then we scored 28 points. The D is just abysmal. Look how much Troy Vincent played yesterday... that's an

You have to look at how much Brunnell's lack of ability consistently hangs the O-Line out to dry and leaves the middle of the field and over the top basically with no need to cover it.

The ENTIRE offensive system, the system that has been more successful over the last 8 years, and was molded to this personnell who seemed to love it, that entire system had to be scrapped after week 2 because Brunell can't play pro-football when he's gameplanned against.

I agree. right now we are only 3 games out. but SOME faithful fans have already gave up on this season. I don't think Brunell did horrible on Sunday. We did go up against the only undefeated AFC team in the NFL.

have you seen the schedule, the playoffs start now

There is a difference between "Not doing horrible" and "Not doing well"

Bottom line is, Mark isn't stepping up when the game is on the line. It was like Andy Reid calling the plays. 2 min, no timeouts, dumpoff to Westbrook in the middle for 3 yards. You got to attack. He is afraid to attack. He only looks for Moss and Cooley.

I think JC would at least TRY to move the ball downfield.

There is a difference between "Not doing horrible" and "Not doing well"

Bottom line is, Mark isn't stepping up when the game is on the line. It was like Andy Reid calling the plays. 2 min, no timeouts, dumpoff to Westbrook in the middle for 3 yards. You got to attack. He is afraid to attack. He only looks for Moss and Cooley.

I think JC would at least TRY to move the ball downfield.

He had some throws downfield yesterday actually about 5 :)

I point the blame on the playcalling right now, it is horrible.

I agree. right now we are only 3 games out. but SOME faithful fans have already gave up on this season. I don't think Brunell did horrible on Sunday. We did go up against the only undefeated AFC team in the NFL.

That's not the point. The point is no aspect of the team has shown an inkling of improvement. It's time to start getting other guys ready and see what they can do. I don't think two weeks will fix it all. Brunell isn't throwing away games, but he also isn't exactly helping us win. No one respects our Offense and no one will if we are constantly throwing 3-4 yard dinks & dunks or getting away from the run.

Two weeks in a row we face the league's worst run Defense and we don't even run in the first half when we're still in the game. That's just sad.

Some local guys wants Nick Novak and now he's here. Are you all happy with him now? The O-Line isn't blocking. The D isn't doing a blessed thing right. It's time to see what other guys can do.

He had some throws downfield yesterday actually about 5 :)

I point the blame on the playcalling right now, it is horrible.

Well, yeah. When you have a coach who knows his QB can't make those throws. Why call them? So sportscenter can show the highlights of him not completing screens to betts?

Well, yeah. When you have a coach who knows his QB can't make those throws. Why call them? So sportscenter can show the highlights of him not completing screens to betts?

BS he threw the ball 30 yards downfield just fine, the problem is Saunders sucks at calling plays. I also feel the other issue in all of this is the oline, we do not max protect to give Mark a chance. If you look at the third downs that we threw short many were his first reads not his last, to me that shows no confidence in the line. Mark has thrown the ball well downfield when he is allowed too. He has even said he would like to throw it deep more.

Anybody who thinks Jason Campbell is going to make this team better is kidding themselves.

i guarantee if Jason Campbell starts the Dallas game and finishes the season, over those 9 games, he will throw at least 20 interceptions. GUARANTEED.

So you would rather him throw those next year when we actually have a shot at the playoffs again?

Archived