Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor:Brunells last oppurtunity

Lavarleap56

WHAT!!?? hahahahahahahahaa... I'd trade 10 JC's for Vince Young.

I think almost everyone on this board who's entire football hopes are tied up in JC are going to be very very very disappointed. I'd like to see him play.. but I honestly don't think he's going to be very good. Say want you want about favortism and blah blah about Joe Gibbs... but if JC did look very good in practices' date=' etc... he would be on the field by now.

And you can't use the Ramsey argument cause he sucks too.[/quote']

I agree, Young is faaar far better than JC. Why wasn't JC in the national championship with Auburn?

I agree, Young is faaar far better than JC. Why wasn't JC in the national championship with Auburn?

You know JC went to a bowl game with Auburn b/c he got screwed out of a national championship appearance with Auburn b/c USC got the bid the year before they played Texas, even though both teams were undefeated.

true...but the skins have been such a big disappointment this year

i honestly dont understand the move to bring Saunders in..last year's offense would've worked with the new players

Me neither. As a boys fan, I thought yall just needed one more receiver and some depth.

Instead you got the following busts:

Archuleta, (yall shouda kept Clark, better in coverage and better with ST)

Andre Carter, (your d-line stepped it up during the end of last year)

B.Lloyd, (Randle el and patten fix that need)

If you kept Clark and just got El, and didnt get saunders yall would be 5-2 right now w/ only loses to us and the gints. I think your team last year w/ just the addition of Randle El would have beat the Colts on Sunday.............

You know JC went to a bowl game with Auburn b/c he got screwed out of a national championship appearance with Auburn b/c USC got the bid the year before they played Texas, even though both teams were undefeated.

ok and sc played that year. auburn started out either ranked in 20-25 or not at all cant rememeber. sc and ok were top 10 all year and 1-2 at the end of the year.

ok and sc played that year. auburn started out either ranked in 20-25 or not at all cant rememeber. sc and ok were top 10 all year and 1-2 at the end of the year.

true at least auburn is getting their props this year moving ahead to #3 in the ratings. They bumped USC out of 3rd.

I'd like to see a Ohio st. vs. Michigan national champ game. Too bad it wont happen though. The two play each other in late Nov. I think.

Me neither. As a boys fan, I thought yall just needed one more receiver and some depth.

That is true from the perspective of what's best for the Redskins in 2006. But Gibbs is trying to turn the Skins back into a perennial winner. If he just plugged the holes and stayed on as his own OC, then the Skins would be better this year but would have to start all over once Gibbs left. Once Gibbs retires, so will Don Breaux, Joe Bugal, Jack Burns, etc.

So, during the off-season, Al Saunders became available. He wasn't looking for an instant fix by hiring him. He hired the very guy that modernized the Gibbs offense to great success with the Rams and Chiefs.

The gamble was that the 2006 season would be sacrificed as the team rebuilt the offense. Brunell wasn't happy at all. But Gibbs was looking out for the future of the club (as he had done by getting Campbell) as Team President.

I also heard that Gibbs tried to minimize the transition by having Saunders change HIS terminology to the terminology the Skins use for the same plays/patterns, rather than asking the team to learn a whole new language.

It looks like the gamble is not paying off, but if the Skins offense comes together in year or two, and then stays on top for the extent of JC's career (15 years?), the gamble will still be worth it. Likewise, GW will hopefully run the defense for the next 15 years.

We're building the team by establishing coaches, just like the Eagles with Reid and Johnson, rather than turning it over every year as the Skins had done for the past 5 years.

That is true from the perspective of what's best for the Redskins in 2006. But Gibbs is trying to turn the Skins back into a perennial winner. If he just plugged the holes and stayed on as his own OC, then the Skins would be better this year but would have to start all over once Gibbs left. Once Gibbs retires, so will Don Breaux, Joe Bugal, Jack Burns, etc.

So, during the off-season, Al Saunders became available. He wasn't looking for an instant fix by hiring him. He hired the very guy that modernized the Gibbs offense to great success with the Rams and Chiefs.

The gamble was that the 2006 season would be sacrificed as the team rebuilt the offense. Brunell wasn't happy at all. But Gibbs was looking out for the future of the club (as he had done by getting Campbell) as Team President.

I also heard that Gibbs tried to minimize the transition by having Saunders change HIS terminology to the terminology the Skins use for the same plays/patterns, rather than asking the team to learn a whole new language.

It looks like the gamble is not paying off, but if the Skins offense comes together in year or two, and then stays on top for the extent of JC's career (15 years?), the gamble will still be worth it. Likewise, GW will hopefully run the defense for the next 15 years.

We're building the team by establishing coaches, just like the Eagles with Reid and Johnson, rather than turning it over every year as the Skins had done for the past 5 years.

please create a thread w/ exactly what you said here. Call it "The gamble will play off."

If JC ever does come in, do you guys think Gibbs would be able to keep the news from the media? I would think that the skins would have a bit of a surprise adavantage over the opposing defense if they kept it under wraps.

It doesnt seem like JC will start anytime soon, but when he does, I expect it to be a surprise.

After last season, I was in agreement with Gibbs, that Brunell gave us the best chance because of the experience factor. Well, that doesn't seem to be working this year. But...I wonder how we would be doing if our defense didn't go AWOL this year.

Opposing Coach: Ok guys, gotta play the Skins this week. Receivers, we got it in the bag. All you gotta do is catch the ball, run 2-4 steps, then look to see if ST is going to hammer you. If so, just fall to the ground. This is our game plan because they won't cover you...they will watch you run and catch the ball, then decide to hit you as hard as they can...so just catch the ball, run, look, then fall just before they hit you. Got it? If you guys follow the plan, we can't lose. Let's go play ball!

I don't get it, it really appears as if the above is the case...I don't get to see a lot games in SC, but when I do, the receivers run free and get catches, then we show up. Anyone know how to spell "cover the receivers?"

Back to JC...I've been sitting here thinking about it, and one thing comes to mind...JC has had to run a different offense every year for how many years now...and he has done it quite well...Heck, he's done it before, stick him in there. If there is one thing he is experienced at, it is running a new offense.

At 2-5, what do we have to lose? We practically have to run the table now to get into the playoffs...and the way we are playing, that ain't going to happen. Play JC! Let's get the man some NFL experience this season so that next season he can do his stuff. He might as well throw his interceptions now and get it out of his system...let's get those hard lessons out of the way, get a high draft pick, and prepare for the future! Nuff said...I've changed my position...let's play JC!

I think his source is about as reliable as.....Brunell

:dallasuck

Well the people I have the privilage to speak with on at-least a once a week basis are VERY reliable. I wont know anything more till tommorrow evening before people disappear for the bye. If and when i hear something new i will post it.

Well the people I have the privilage to speak with on at-least a once a week basis are VERY reliable. I wont know anything more till tommorrow evening before people disappear for the bye. If and when i hear something new i will post it.

I really do hope you are right. Campbell could use the PT and the team could use some spark.

According to LaCanfora's blog on the Washington Post site, Campbell got the snaps in practice today. Can you ask those people you have the privilege to speak with how he looked? ;)

I don't care if cambell is ready or not. Let's see what he's got. Because if he's another Shuler we need to cut our ties with him soon and be looking for the next franchise QB in the offseason. We can't afford to wait to many more offseasons to do that.

p.s. Hot Dog! My avatar changed. I'm no longer the lousy kicking team. I'm a stud!

According to LaCanfora's blog on the Washington Post site, Campbell got the snaps in practice today.

Next time, post a link. LaCanfora's main Tuesday blog article doesn't say this, so then I had to scroll through 124 comments to see if I could find this statement, and finally found it in LaCanfora's response to some blog comments. Here's what he said.

"Hey there. For what it worth, Campbell got the work in Tuesday's practice with Brunell out, for what it's worth."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2006/10/mnf_what_it_meant_to_the_natio.html#comments

Not that i want this to happen, but i wouldn't be completely surprised if Todd Collins got the start. Saunders and Gibbs haven't exactly done what we all thought they would this year, and while the season is still alive (by a thread, but i guess still alive) they might go with the guy that knows the system better.

Once again i DONT want this to happen, i just have a feeling it might.

Archived