Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Fans Not Happy About Trade

skinsfan93

Sorry about starting yet another thread about Duckett, but living up here in Beagle country, I'm hearing a lot of comments from my friends (most of them Eagles fans) about this trade.

The majority are pissed that we got Duckett. They don't understand how we manage to get all these good players. At the same time, many are pissed that obviously Atlanta was trying to unload Duckett and how the Eagles couldn't have gotten in on this deal.

Here are a couple of quotes from my friends:

"A third rounder for him or Lelie...hell, I would have given a 2nd rounder just to get it done."

"Man, it would be nice to have an owner like Synder."

"I'm tired of the Eagles just sitting on their hands when things are happening."

Of course, I have some buddies who are razing me. Trading away all your picks again, etc. I think that's just jealousy because the Eagles are so conservative in what they do.

The best quote is from someone who I just talked to who is pissed..."I'm at the gym right now to work out my frustration on what's going to happen this season."

:cheers:

The reason they don't do anything is because they think they can get the players they need at rock bottom prices. They have a FO that doesn't want to spend money, fans that are loyal to you until they lose then they are a rioting crowd ready to hang you, and a too easy of a going coach that is the only bright spot of management. Reed has been successful because he has had a great defense and they had talent in key areas on offense but with a lack of a adequate running game they are too easy to predict. They can say they are going to run more but that won't happen. Who is going to be the RB to give them more carries? Westbrook? No. He can't run the ball with consistency and hasn't proven he can without getting hurt. Also it might be that they run 2 or 3 more running plays this year and they can say I told you so. Eagles will be competitive but they won't win enough to make the playoffs IMO.

if Portis misses the opener and the game against Dallas, having Duckett could be the move that allows the Redskins to be productive on the ground and get to 2-0 instead of being 0-2.

and if that allows the Redskins to make the playoffs and be a contender the move will have been more than worth it :)

I dont know what kind of Eagles fans youre around. I hear:

"Lelie is a bum we didnt want him anyway"

"you guys got hosed, a 3rd rd pick!"

"Portis must be hurt real bad. no way they get him for any other reason"

"bye bye clinton portis!"

"id take todd pinkston over lelie anyday"

Stubborn eagles fans in denial.

if they need a reciever...what about trading them Patten for a good O-lineman. Don't they have a few of those to spare?

That's a good point, but you should (IMO) never do deals with divisional rivals, kind of like business between family members - it can lead to BAD things.

Archived