skinsfan93

I dont know what kind of Eagles fans youre around. I hear:

"Lelie is a bum we didnt want him anyway"

"you guys got hosed, a 3rd rd pick!"

"Portis must be hurt real bad. no way they get him for any other reason"

"bye bye clinton portis!"

"id take todd pinkston over lelie anyday"

Stubborn eagles fans in denial.

Oh, I got buddies who feel the same way, but I have a few friends who are realistic. These guys aren't the typical....Eagles are the greatest and there is nothing you can say to prove me wrong...types.

I will say that not one of them said they would take Pinky over Lelie. Some thought Reggie Brown is just as good as Lelie, but when I asked them if Brown/Lelie would be nice to have, they agreed.

In spite of their anger, they still look better than we have. That will be the team to beat in the NFC East right now.

oh my god... you did not just say this.:mad:

stop putting value behind preseason performances.

Eagles are not the team to beat. They're the team to not worry about.

all I've heard is we spent too much :rolleyes:

Eagle fans loooooovvvvvveeeeee their draft picks :laugh:

You are so right. My buddies are always pointing out....look at our draft and how awesome it was.

I agree their picks aren't bad but there is really only one player that will make any significant contributions this year and that is Bunkley. Their tackle, Justice won't play unless Thomas or Runyan gets hurt.

Beyond that, they really believe that Avant will turn into a good wr. Of course, they said the same thing about McMullen, before they traded him to the Vikes for an undrafted rookie free agent, Hank Baskett (who btw...Ron Jaworski said would turn out to be the "story of the NFL" during their 2nd preseason game).

What a joke!

if they need a reciever...what about trading them Patten for a good O-lineman. Don't they have a few of those to spare?

Patten knows too much about our offense...the schemes, the language, etc. to be traded to a division rival. There's no way he ends up in Philly.

The Eagles simply refuse to change things up at running back. Unbelievable. Westbrook has been hurt before and yet they don't bring in anyone to challenge him or at least be a strong #2. Buckhalter is back after missing most of the past three years. Ryan Moats is hurt as well.

When are the Eagles going to finally address the backfield and wide receiver?

You guys think you facilitated some master trade that prevented the Eagles from getting a WR and an RB.

Newsflash to everyone in here:

The Eagles are content to go to battle with what they have. A notion I completely disagree with. But please don't act like the Eagles had a huge deal in place and the Redskins came galloping in at the last minute to swoop Duckett and Lelie from their grips.

no, I am afraid you are correct, Who Del, the Eagles are delusional enough to think that adding a DE in free agency is somehow going to help their offensive production in 2006 :laugh:

well, maybe if he intercepts enough balls and runs them back?? :D

You guys think you facilitated some master trade that prevented the Eagles from getting a WR and an RB.

Newsflash to everyone in here:

The Eagles are content to go to battle with what they have. A notion I completely disagree with. But please don't act like the Eagles had a huge deal in place and the Redskins came galloping in at the last minute to swoop Duckett and Lelie from their grips.

WhoDel...no one is saying that. What we are saying is that it is nice to prevent the Birds from getting either Lelie or Duckett. Plus, the Eagles were probably taking a nap while the moves were being made. :)

Now you are stuck with the same players at the skilled positions. I did hear from my buddies that C. Rogers might be someone you guys go after, but c'mon. That guy might be a worse cancer than TO plus I heard he has a high thigh bruise.

You can't completely feel comfortable with Brown, Pinky, Gafner, and Baskett as your wideouts and Westbrook, Bucklhater and Moats as your rb's, can you?

yep, and as mentioned on another thread, the Redskins had a special teams player in Herb Mul-Key that came from a similar background and who lead the NFC in kickoff returns during the Allen years.

He didn't get a movie made about him.

I guess people prefer the clean cut paisano.

Archived