Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

So Story is calling out Fitch now. Keast, can your boy hang with Fitch's wrestling?

Story says it is the next logical fight for him, but the problem is it isn't the next logical fight Fitch. Fitch has been known to take any fight in the past, but recently he said the only fights that make sense for him are GSP or Penn. I think I agree with him. I could also see Fitch getting Condit if Condit beats Kim.

Story might be better suited for Ellenberger, Kim (regardless of a win or loss to Condit), or if he wants a big leap, Koschek.

It will be real interesting to see how Marquartd-Johnson and Kampmann-Howard play out too. I think in both of those fights how the winner looks will be as important as winning in the stacked welterweight division.

Helwani wanted to be a "Mean Jean Okerlund" type of interviewer in pro wrestling, and Rampage has been on WWE Raw at least once (that I can remember). Those interviews have a lot of that WWF feel to them. Good ****.

So Story is calling out Fitch now. Keast, can your boy hang with Fitch's wrestling?

Story says it is the next logical fight for him, but the problem is it isn't the next logical fight Fitch. Fitch has been known to take any fight in the past, but recently he said the only fights that make sense for him are GSP or Penn.

I'd like to see Story vs. Fitch.

Fitch, you're a top of the line fighter, easily, but in such a thrilling sport that people pay good money to watch, you are one of the only reliable opportunities we get to drop a deuce during a PPV. You just had a draw, a draw. Yes, the UFC is desperate for a WW contender, but they'd be showing their desperation giving you a shot right now. They'd rather shelve GSP until one of the other WW prospects breaks through, or Nick Diaz comes over, or perhaps GSP even moves up. All instead of having to give you a title shot.

Luckily, BJ Penn is a gentleman and will wrestle you again. I don't know how he chose that over watching paint dry for the next 5 months, but he did. GO BJ!

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Jakes Shields should fight Jon Fitch. Rick Story should get Josh Koscheck. IMO. Fitch and Shields each lost to GSP once and as such want to earn a rematch. Kos has lost twice and as such is a gatekeeper at the moment. If Story wants to get into contender territory he needs to get past the gatekeeper and then fight the winner/loser of Fitch/Shields IMO.

"Look at my neck, look at his neck. He scrawny, I'm alpha. I'm alpha."

"I like to throw them bungaloes"

"You playin' yo beta tricks on the alpha mind"

"I feel sorry fo' the people that wasn't born alpha"

I don't ever wanna see Fitch fight GSP again because Fitch's skillset hasn't changed in anyway that would make me believe he could challenge GSP. Personally, I would prefer to see BJ vs Shields.

BJ Penn has no future in mma. His time as a contender is gone. Just let it go. He should fight Aldo fir the money and upon losing announce his retirement.

Edited by Destino

BJ Penn has no future in mma. His time as a contender is gone. Just let it go. He should fight Aldo fir the money and upon losing announce his retirement.

I think he could still compete at LW. he's not beating Edgar, but i'd favor him against just about everyone else at 155

I think he could still compete at LW. he's not beating Edgar, but i'd favor him against just about everyone else at 155

I think he could if he is in shape to push the action and not try to counter Frankie all fight. If he went after Frankie like he did Fitch in rd 1 getting the takedown and even had his back I think he could win. But he would have to be in great shape and very agressive. I think he would beat every other lightweight easily including Maynard.

He fought Fitch to a draw. Saying he has no future is a little much. BJ vs Aldo would be a vicious fight.

He wanted to retire and didnt because he got a draw. He hasn't had the passion needed to be a champ for a long time. How many times can you say "if he was in shape" or "if he dedicates himself" before it becomes obvious that he's not a champion anymore.

Edited by Destino

Jakes Shields should fight Jon Fitch. Rick Story should get Josh Koscheck. IMO. Fitch and Shields each lost to GSP once and as such want to earn a rematch. Kos has lost twice and as such is a gatekeeper at the moment. If Story wants to get into contender territory he needs to get past the gatekeeper and then fight the winner/loser of Fitch/Shields IMO.

The problem with Fitch-Shields is the possibility of a Shields victory. What then? No way he gets back to the title after one win. Shields needs to go down a couple rungs further.

Good call on Diego, Doc.

I was out of town but I got to see the fights. Pretty weak card overall but on the bright side some of the younger guys really proved themselves. Rick Story and Travis Browne both beat very good fighters.

The fans that were booing Rampage/Hamill were retarded. Yeah, Rampage didn't finish but he was coming at Hamill hard and beating him down. Hamill is just tough. He's never been put to sleep before and Rampage was landing clean with a lot of those combos. I really hope Rampage's hand is ok because he's back in shape now and I'd like to see him fight again before the year is up.

I think Story has more than earned a fight with Fitch. Six straight wins in the UFC and he just beat Alves who's only other losses in the last five years have come from GSP and Fitch. I say make it happen and give the winner the next title shot, assuming Dana is still working on making Diaz/GSP happen.

The fans that were booing Rampage/Hamill were retarded. Yeah, Rampage didn't finish but he was coming at Hamill hard and beating him down. Hamill is just tough. He's never been put to sleep before and Rampage was landing clean with a lot of those combos. I really hope Rampage's hand is ok because he's back in shape now and I'd like to see him fight again before the year is up.

I think they were booing because Rampage was in with a clearly overmatched opponent, and he never really opened up. He basically sat back and countered whenever Hammil got close. Rampage kind of just seemed to be going through the motions in that fight IMO, he knew he was in no danger of losing and just put it on cruise control

UFC 133 “Evans vs. Davis”

Saturday, Aug. 6

Wells Fargo Center

Philadelphia

Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis

Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Vitor Belfort vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Dennis Hallman vs. Brian Ebersole

Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce

Riki Fukuda vs. Rafael Natal

* Chad Mendes vs. Rani Yahya

* Mike Thomas Brown vs. Nam Phan

* Ivan Menjivar vs. Nick Pace

* Mike Pyle vs. Rory MacDonald

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/8-Fights-Signed-for-UFC-133-in-Philadelphia-32771

Poor Sexyama...

In the next three months:

June 4, 2011 TUF 13 Finale (Guida vs. Pettis)

June 11, 2011 UFC 131 (Carwin vs. JDS)

June 18, 2011 Strikeforce (Overeem vs. Werdum)

June 24, 2011 Strikeforce Challengers (Fodor vs Terry)

June 26, 2011 UFC Live (Rumble vs. Marquardt)

July 2, 2011 UFC 132 (Cruz vs. Faber 2) <--awesome card

July 22, 2011 Strikeforce Challengers

July 30, 2011 Strikeforce (Fedor vs. Hendo)

August 6, 2011 UFC 133 (Evans vs. Davis)

August 14, 2011 UFC on Versus 5 (Miller vs. Henderson)

August 27, 2011 UFC 134 Rio (Silva vs. Okami)

What an awesome summer for MMA. Hopefully we'll have a football season to look forward to after all these cards.

Man, The Reem vs. Werdum and Barnett vs. Rogers is finally happening. When they moved the card ahead I got real depressed. Thought with all that time someone was bound to get injured in training. Carwin vs. JDS in a couple weekends? All about the top of the heavyweight heap (minus Cain and Brock) in the next few weeks, will be very interesting to say the least.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Thanks for condensing the summer dates, that makes me really excited for all the MMA events like every weekend.

Also: http://www.ufc.com/news/ufc-137-fight-card-updates?changeRegion=1&fb_comment_id=fbc_10150206031177092_16704968_10150206032082092

UFC President Dana White’s tweet Wednesday afternoon was short and sweet – “U wanted it! U GOT IT!!!”

What the fans wanted was a showdown between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and the STRIKEFORCE welterweight title holder, Nick Diaz. So on October 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, the UFC 137 Superfight becomes a reality.

Unbeaten since 2007, St-Pierre has taken on and beaten all comers, barely losing a round in the process. Since regaining his title from Matt Serra in 2008, he has turned back the challenges of Jon Fitch, BJ Penn, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Josh Koscheck, and Jake Shields. But this fall, he will face off against the man many believe has the style to dethrone him, Shields’ longtime training partner Diaz.

A proud native of Stockton, California, Diaz, like GSP, has not lost since 2007. Along the way, the UFC vet has defeated Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith, Mach Sakurai, KJ Noons, and Paul Daley, and with his world-class striking skills and jiu-jitsu game improving with each fight, he is on track to shock the world on October 29th.