Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Guida made so many mistakes and none of them were used to finish him. Guida may not be exciting but forgetting to put hooks in and losing the back of an opponent because your grabbing an arm is amateur.

Edited by Destino

Ramsey just got his *** beat.

---------- Post added June-4th-2011 at 11:38 PM ----------

The thing I thought the whole season watching Ramsey is that he just overwhelmed a lot of the guys he fought, guys that weren't really UFC quality fighters. It was a weak season in general and if you have a decent fighter who doesn't panic and feel overwhelmed from Ramsey coming at you, he wasn't that impressive.

Edited by Unforgiven

Ramsey just got his *** beat.

---------- Post added June-4th-2011 at 11:38 PM ----------

The thing I thought the whole season watching Ramsey is that he just overwhelmed a lot of the guys he fought, guys that weren't really UFC quality fighters. It was a weak season in general and if you have a decent fighter who doesn't panic and feel overwhelmed from Ramsey coming at you, he wasn't that impressive.

I don't think any of the fighters were that impressive. The only champion I can think of who was worse, was the british dude that won a welterweight season

Yeah, it was a bad season. Unfortunately I'm not really looking forward to next season either with Bisping as one of the coaches. Every time I see that douche I go to youtube and watch the end of the Henderson fight...and I smile to myself.

Yeah, it was a bad season. Unfortunately I'm not really looking forward to next season either with Bisping as one of the coaches. Every time I see that douche I go to youtube and watch the end of the Henderson fight...and I smile to myself.

:ols:

at least it's BW's & FW's next season. they usually make for exciting fights, even if the talent isn't the best

Next season should be good actually. First one with the lighter weights (145 & 135), and two different divisions means higher quality fighters with less filler guys. I think the Bisping-Mayhem stuff will be stale, but the fights should be good.

I think Mayhem will annoy the **** out of stuck up Bisping, and I'm really looking forward to next season just because of Jason Miller. He will be way more entertaining than Sonnen. I'm also a huge Mayhem homer haha he needs to get back into legitimate primetime MMA again, and this is a great way to do that.

I respect Mayhem's grappling skills a lot. When he got his black belt, he looked like he was about to legitimately tear up I just don't think it makes much sense for him to be a coach.

I actually think he'll do a good job of coaching, him fighting Bisping doesn't make much sense. If they could've waited another week or so, they probably would've gone with Stann vs. Bisping

I like Guida, the dude makes it work by being Cornholio-hyper. Any particular time that he's on top, he's either flailing around, fighting out of submission attempts with relative ease, trying to pass (though not very successful tonight - credit to Pettis) or posturing really high and throwing go-for-broke punches. Guida will bump his opponent's face with shoulders if the guy decides to try to hold on and get stood up. I like how Guida threw the shoulders faster and harder the more Pettis hung on. The ref considered all of that enough action, as did I. It may not be him destroying his opponent, but it's amazing how action-packed Guida's grappling matches are. Imagine rolling with that guy, I'd tap from lung pain. He just always keeps the tempo so high.

His striking has been getting better, even though it was all about setting up that takedown tonight. Still throws one-twos while bouncing around most of the time, but they look much better than they used to, and he landed that leg kick twice. Not much power on it, but I think Pettis was a little bit surprised Guida had anything for him on the feet, even if it was just a little bit. Almost landed the spinning back kick, kinda clipped Clay, and I fricken' love Pettis' head kicks. He threw one, I believe in the second, left leg, such great technique. He really rocks back swivels his body in to those. His head and torso go 90 degrees,. and right before he makes contact his foot is moving slightly downward. It hits from over the top, just awesome.

I had fun watching that one, the chess matches Clay has on the ground are interesting to me because he's all about tempo and pressure. Nothing devastating usually, so I can see why people aren't in to his style, but his grappling battles are a lot more interesting to me than the usual lay and prayer.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I like Guida more than Frankie. I don't dislike either fighter, I don't think Guida is as entertaining as he is proclaimed to be.

Honestly, Guida annoys me. I respect him but I don't really root for him. All the herkin' and jerkin' is a bit much. :)

Why is everyone still talking about Guida, when it's time to talk about JDS ???

We had the Guida convo two days ago, the day after the event. Everyone's just taking a breather before this weekend, we all know this is an awesome heavyweight match up. This month has a lot to soak in for MMA fans, and the GSP/Diaz announcement has made talking about everything pretty tough.

Honestly, I haven't even thought about the ins and outs of JDS/Carwin. Technical boxer vs. Huge puncher. You'd figure if Carwin connects with face, JDS may fall hard. JDS obviously has more technical punching skills, and will probably land more punches altogether.

I'm starting to wonder about Carwin's weight loss. He has the wrestling to take JDS down, what are the chances he goes the GSP/Guida route and uses superior wrestling (and newly found cardio) as a decision-maker? The guy was a first round knockout juggernaut, I think he's looking to play a little more chess (imagine Carwin playing chess).

I'm just getting the feeling Jackson will not plan to trade with JDS much. Carwin will throw those hard punches down the shoot, and as JDS leans to counter he'll take him right down. Perhaps I'm reading too much in to it, and Carwin stands there guns blazing. I hate even speculating about "lay & pray", but I'm just being honest about what I think Carwin wants to do now. That Brock fight has changed him.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll