Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm glad it's happening, and I want Diaz to win. I like GSP, but he's made plenty of money, right Nick? He's overpaid but he's underpaid, like, I dunno.

Say GSP does run in to one of those sneaky ass combos, or does get swept. Like, I dunno, you know? It's like whatever, you know what I mean?

Ironically, that's how I personally feel, "it's whatever." Let them fight, so what? If the majority of people are correct in saying that it'll be one big GSP-jab-fest and grappling match with GSP on the top, so be it. He'd do that to pretty much anyone else anyway. Anderson vs. GSP is being demanded by a huge sector of fans, but if that ain't going to happen, I choose this.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I also want Nick to win, GSP almost looks like he's gonna have reign over the title until he decides to quit (with the current WW title pool and the way GSP is fighting), and I would rather him lose and have a rematch with Nick for the belt back.

I'm glad it's happening, and I want Diaz to win. I like GSP, but he's made plenty of money, right Nick? He's overpaid but he's underpaid, like, I dunno.

Say GSP does run in to one of those sneaky ass combos, or does get swept. Like, I dunno, you know? It's like whatever, you know what I mean?

Ironically, that's how I personally feel, "it's whatever." Let them fight, so what? If the majority of people are correct in saying that it'll be one big GSP-jab-fest and grappling match with GSP on the top, so be it. He'd do that to pretty much anyone else anyway. Anderson vs. GSP is being demanded by a huge sector of fans, but if that ain't going to happen, I choose this.

Couldn't agree more.

I like both fighters but I'd love to see Diaz knock GSP out early on or catch him in a sub after a sloppy takedown. If GSP takes him down for five rounds and lays on him, then so be it. IMO, this is GSP's last real test at 170.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/1/2201620/report-josh-thomson-vs-maximo-blanco-booked-for-strikeforce-event-on

Former Strikeforce 155-pound champion Josh Thomson is back in action later this year, as the veteran lightweight has reportedly been tapped to welcome former Sengoku standout Maximo Blanco to the world of stateside mixed martial arts on Sept. 10, 2011.

MMA Weekly brought word of the pending match-up earlier today.

Thomson (18-4) was able to string together consecutive wins over Pat Healy (Strikeforce: "Fedor vs. Werdum") and Gesias Cavalcante (Strikeforce: "Diaz vs. Noons 2") before Japanese "Crusher" Tatsuya Kawajiri battered him en route to a unanimous decision loss at K-1: "Dynamite!! Power of Courage 2010" last December.

It was just his second loss since 2006 and he's itching to get back into the promotion's lightweight title hunt. But can he overcome the Venezuelan wrestler? Or will he get "Punk'd" in September?

Blanco (8-2-1) has spent his entire career on the Japanese circuit.

"Maxi" has finished seven of his eight contests by way of technical knockout and is currently riding a six-fight win streak including a unanimous decision victory over Won Sik Park at Sengoku "Soul of Fight" late last year.

Very glad to see Blanco in Strikeforce (eventually the UFC). dude is probably my favorite LW to watch next to Pettis.

Nick Diaz whether he wins or loses is going to press the fight. Hell, he might even force GSP to be aggressive in response. It's two conflicting styles which should make for an interesting matchup. No way GSP is going to be able to just sit back and play the jab game with Diaz. I am thinking GSP is going to want to get takedowns early and often.

Here's hoping Nick can slip on some type of submission and shock the world!

Bring that Title to #NorCal!!!