Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Really the only way I'd get even remotely excited for another GSP fight is if Nick Diaz is involved (unless the mythical Silva fight happens). After seeing Diaz bring it against Daley, I hope he would do the same against GSP and give him a good well rounded opponent, unlike Kosh and "all out war" Shields.

No chance GSP stands with Nick. Nick will be taken down again and again. Nick's only prayer is to pull off a sub but GSP has shown great posture, positioning and top control. I really can't see it happening but I will love the excitment the fight brings with Diaz shouting insults at him just might bring out the best in him.

Promoter says Nick Diaz no longer set to box, Dana White insists UFC bout not guaranteed

The man prepared to promote a Nick Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC) boxing contest now says the Strikeforce welterweight champion will not be entering the squared circle anytime soon.

Don Chargin today announced via press release that Diaz has determined it's in his "best interest to focus on his primary combat sport and profession."

Chargin also referenced a potential "opportunity of a lifetime" for Diaz, fueling further speculation of a pending matchup with UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC). However, UFC president Dana White continues to insist Diaz is far from UFC-bound.

"We will see," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "There are still a lot of hurdles."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23699/promoter-says-nick-diaz-no-longer-set-to-box-dana-white-insists-ufc-bout-not-guaranteed.mma

Hmmmm....

All the fights are going to be aired Live again. First on Facebook, then Spike and of course the PPV.

The Torres vs. Mighty Mouse fight is most likely the Bantamweight title eliminator, a very exciting match up. Think I'll take Mighty Mouse, dude's takedowns are lightning quick and Miguel is relatively weak in that area. Alves' striking was beyond sharp in his last fight, Rick Story has his hands full. Struve is always very entertaining, and Roy Nelson always brings it. Mir's fight with Cro Cop was boring but I think that's just an exception to the norm. They'll both be game, neither are getting any younger. They need winning streaks now, good matchup.

Probably will pick Rampage by TKO, I just don't see Matt getting away with lumbering around and keeping his hands down like he usually does. He also likes to throw one or two punches at a time. Expecting Rampage's boxing defense to do the work for him Saturday. Thinking he'll parry something and find the chin eventually. Matt will probably try to clinch up all fight long, so who knows.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

did anyone watch TUF last night? most drama filled episode I have seen in a long time. probably the worst thing ive heard a fighter say to another fighter in the house I think it even surpasses Southworth calling Leben a fatherless ****.

Edited by Patrick86L

one of the guys charlie talked about being in a custody battle for his son earlier in the season. in the episode last night they were all drinking having a good time playing around when charlie pours some water on tony's head as a joke and tony flips out. they start fighting and when its broken up tony starts talking **** to charlie about his son like "where is your son?" "hit me instead of your son" with as far as we know no basis to that claim.

that was at the end of the episode but in the first fight Zach the guy from Maryland gets both his retinas torn against Chuck and is told by doctors that he can't fight anymore or he could go blind in both eyes.

did anyone watch TUF last night? most drama filled episode I have seen in a long time. probably the worst thing ive heard a fighter say to another fighter in the house I think it even surpasses Southworth calling Leben a fatherless ****.

Saw it. 90% of this guys are freaking losers, particularly when they have alcohol in them. They whine and complain so much on that show, it's actually hard for me to watch. Seriously, what, they're gone 6-8 maybe a couple more weeks from their families and they act like it's the end of the world.

Anyway, back to this weekend's card, totally stoked. We're having a party at our place and buying the fights, just b/c Ricky's fighting Alves. I watched the countdown last night and have to say I haven't been this nervous for Ricky, ever. It's going to be a very tough match for him, I just don't want him to get hurt.