Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

yea they screwed up by not having the guys fight to get into the house most of these losers would have been weeded out.

just found this article with dana talking about it.

"In our deal with Spike for this season, we don't have as many episodes as we've had in the past. So we figured we would be killing some of the reality, we wouldn't have enough time to tell stories, but we really, really made a big mistake not having these guys fight to get into the house. I guarantee you that will never happen again."

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/16/2174087/dana-white-we-really-made-a-big-mistake-not-having-guys-fight-to-get#storyjump

I like Story but I just don't seem him beating Alves. Big step up in competition.

Well, it certainly will be his hardest fight to date. But I'm glad Ricky called him out for his next fight. If you want to get to the top, you have to fight the top guys and Ricky has always been like that, very ambitious and extremely mentally tough. Hence him losing every single one of his wrestling matches at PLU his freshman year of college to pushing through that and ending up taking 2nd at nationals his senior year wrestling for SOU. Doesn't surprise me that he called out a fight like this, but I agree, I'm very nervous for him. My husband talked to him this weekend and said Ricky's in a very good place, mentally, right now, so that's good. If he can hang in there, I think can mentally break down Alves...

yea they screwed up by not having the guys fight to get into the house most of these losers would have been weeded out.

just found this article with dana talking about it.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/16/2174087/dana-white-we-really-made-a-big-mistake-not-having-guys-fight-to-get#storyjump

it would help if they actually included some serious prospects on TUF. I can't see any of these dudes beating a top 10 WW. Earlier seasons of TUF consistently had multiple guys that broke into top 10. Since those early seasons, outside of Maynard & Bader, I can't remember another prospect hitting top 10

lack of serious talent is hurting TUF more than anything imo.

maybe next season's class of FW's & BW's will have a better shot since its not really clear how deep each division is yet.

I like Story but I just don't seem him beating Alves. Big step up in competition.

Never count out the better wrestler. I think Story has a real shot at this. He can wear Alves down if he stays away from getting his head kicked off.

I knew Bisping was being considered, but figured that was dead when Dirty Uncle Chael could not get his license back. I guess Dana had to do something with Miller, considering he could not have put him back on a Strikeforce card as per CBS's request after the brawl incident. I wonder if this will be a title eliminator like Bisping Sonnen was suppose to be. I would love to see Anderson knock Bisping out, but I don't think either him or Miller are really top notch contenders, just the guys Anderson has not beaten yet. Checking a few sites with rankings of UFC middleweights, it's amazing to see how much of the 185 class Anderson has destroyed. Who would be left after Okami? Mark Munoz?

Brashear just posted this on his FB page. I'm not even sure if he played on a team this year... If he can no longer hang with NHL HW's I'm not sure how he thinks he'll hang with MMA HW's

I knew Bisping was being considered, but figured that was dead when Dirty Uncle Chael could not get his license back. I guess Dana had to do something with Miller, considering he could not have put him back on a Strikeforce card as per CBS's request after the brawl incident. I wonder if this will be a title eliminator like Bisping Sonnen was suppose to be. I would love to see Anderson knock Bisping out, but I don't think either him or Miller are really top notch contenders, just the guys Anderson has not beaten yet. Checking a few sites with rankings of UFC middleweights, it's amazing to see how much of the 185 class Anderson has destroyed. Who would be left after Okami? Mark Munoz?

If Bisping wins, I can see him getting a shot at the champ. Miller's resume wouldn't be strong enough even with a victory over Bisping. As you stated, the MW division has been thoroughly cleaned by Anderson. The only "contender" he hasn't faced is Bisping so he'll probably get it by default. Hell Dana will probably throw him bone and have the fight in England

:ols: I like how nobody made picks for 130, I'll do it quickly:

UFC 130: Put this PPV on layaway

Brian Stann vs. Jorge Santiago: It goes without saying that Santiago is a good fighter, but he just seems tentative at times. Stann is a great fit with Jackson's camp, he'll go after where they feel Santiago is the weakest and dominate.

Stann, TKO rd 1

Thiago Alves vs. Ricky Story: Presumably all about how successfully and quickly Story is at taking down Alves. I think Alves slows Story's shot down with a few hard leg kicks early. He'll keep it on the feet and dominate the fight.

Alves, Decision

Stefan Struve vs. Travis Browne: Expecting mean punches to fly regularly. Struve's experience in these kind of fights should give him a lot of confidence.

Struve, TKO rd 1

Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson: Mir's power is very underrated. Roy is really good at rolling with punches, but I just don't think he gets away with that against Mir. Mir will hurt him bad and finish with a few ground and pound strikes.

Mir, TKO rd 2

Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill: Another case of a fighter needing to secure takedowns. Hamill can do it, as Rampage's wrestling isn't too amazing, but I have a feeling Matt will walk around the cage flatfooted throwing one or two punches for the majority of the time. Jackson will stay on his toes and out-box Hamill to a decision.

Rampage, Decision.

---------- Post added May-28th-2011 at 08:34 PM ----------

I'll take Johnson over Torres, as well.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll