Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Dana White agrees, just tweeted "The judge that scored that 30- 27 should be BEAT WITH A STICK!!!!!!!!"
they don't understand submission attempts or strikes landed from the bottom count as points.

edit: dana tweeted about Omigawa being robbed as well.

The 30-27 was ridiculous and I agree Patrick, until they get rid of these boxing judges, they won't understand anything other than strikes and takedowns.

---------- Post added June-11th-2011 at 10:36 PM ----------

Should failed submission attempts count as points? If failed takedowns count as points than I think failed submission attempts should definitely count.

I think close submissions should be counted, even if they don't cause a tap. Just like strikes that land but don't KO an opponent count. That crucifix in the 3rd was on tight, IMO that was the difference in a very close round 3.

they don't understand that submission attempts or strikes landed from the bottom count as points.

edit: dana tweeted about Omigawa being robbed as well.

Right on queue, White just tweeted "And just for the record omigawa will get his win money cause he WON THAT FIGHT!!!!"

The 30-27 was ridiculous and I agree Patrick, until they get rid of these boxing judges, they won't understand anything other than strikes and takedowns.

---------- Post added June-11th-2011 at 10:36 PM ----------

I think close submissions should be counted, even if they don't cause a tap. Just like strikes that land but don't KO an opponent count. That crucifix in the 3rd was on tight, IMO that was the difference in a very close round 3.

I could see it going either way, personally I would of given that round a 10-10 but the UFC doesn't give 10-10s.

Right on queue, White just tweeted "And just for the record omigawa will get his win money cause he WON THAT FIGHT!!!!"

The judging is the biggest thing hindering the sport right now IMO. Eventually it will be taken care of, but it's frustrating to see robberies on every card because of incompetent judging.

---------- Post added June-11th-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

Wow good round...Florian looks quicker at 145.

UFC judging has been a problem for awhile now when it comes to how to properly judge grappling and wrestling and "dominant position" stuff. The fighters are beginning to adapt to the the way the judges judge fights, which is leading more and more fighters to learn that the key to winning fights is getting takedowns and just maintaining a top position to earn a decision.

Judges are seemingly ignoring strikes from the bottom and/or sub attempts merely because the fighter happens to be on the bottom.

I wouldn't say it is so bad to the point where takedowns need to stop being scored PERIOD, but that day is fast approaching.

Awesome fight. Florian looked pretty beastly in the last two rounds. I think 145 was a good move.

---------- Post added June-11th-2011 at 11:02 PM ----------

UFC judging has been a problem for awhile now when it comes to how to properly judge grappling and wrestling and "dominant position" stuff. The fighters are beginning to adapt to the the way the judges judge fights, which is leading more and more fighters to learn that the key to winning fights is getting takedowns and just maintaining a top position to earn a decision.

Judges are seemingly ignoring strikes from the bottom and/or sub attempts merely because the fighter happens to be on the bottom.

I wouldn't say it is so bad to the point where takedowns need to stop being scored PERIOD, but that day is fast approaching.

Good post, I definitely agree.

JDS vs. Cain will be a great title fight.

I got a bit annoyed with Rogan bringing up Carwin's will to escape the first round. It really had nothing to do with anything he did, it had to do with Herb Dean simply refusing to stop it while he got his face beat in without really much defense.